Col Matrix

private rented servers

private/community servers  

14 members have voted

1. 1. As im watching my stuff disappear trying to move it all to yet another server, im wondering if anyone else is anticipating private servers?

• yes
    • no

is anyone else losing their stuff trying to move it all to another server?

No, but I only have the clothes on my back and the contents of my backpack. I don't have tents and chests full of gear to worry about. Life is easier the less you have. I never got into base building and stashing beyond the odd few bits if I'm getting a car going. 

What do you mean by disappear? Like you're being raided and trying to move locations to avoid this? Or shit is literally just disappearing from your inventory?????

i had 3 samll tents and only 2 bags so i had to dump stuff on the ground while i moved the tent i guess i lost some to despawn then i was dashboarded between servers and lost the bag in my hand it was pointless should have just left it and moved on

4 hours ago, Col Matrix said:

At this point I dont care about any of my gear. I just want a fix and a wipe 

#makedayzgreatagain

• Thanks 1

I am not too worried if I lose my half eaten apple and rags, I am sure I will find others.

• Haha 1

On 7/4/2019 at 2:17 PM, Col Matrix said:

Won't matter once they wipe everything.  I have decided to take a hiatus until BI fixes all this crap.  I just hope they get it done soon.  I miss playing, but the issues as of late are just too much to take.  I think the game was better overall before 1.0.

On 7/4/2019 at 10:17 PM, Col Matrix said:

And how would owning a Private server help or benefit you in this case ? Would you be able to move your items out of or into private server ? Cost of private server ?

On 7/5/2019 at 2:51 AM, smudgegard said:

I am not too worried if I lose my half eaten apple and rags, I am sure I will find others.

Really? So you carry lite AF? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

Really? So you carry lite AF? 

I think it was tongue and cheek

1 hour ago, bandito6000 said:

I think it was tongue and cheek

You don't say.... 

15 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

You don't say.... 

Sorry your sarcasm didn't come across in text.

17 minutes ago, bandito6000 said:

Sorry your sarcasm didn't come across in text.

NP. 

• Haha 1

On 7/8/2019 at 9:38 PM, MaximusDickus said:

And how would owning a Private server help or benefit you in this case ? Would you be able to move your items out of or into private server ? Cost of private server ?

i was forced to move my stuff to another server again because they took it away if i had my own hopefully i wouldnt log on to a message saying move all of your stuff were taking the server offline for good,   and this is the only game i play so server cost isnt really an issue

My issue with private servers is admin abuse.

Jlk the you tuber runs his server and was cought using admin tools to track down other players to farm for content. 

How easily would it be for the admins to track your bases down?

Or just dickhead admins banning you for no reason

Battlefeild private servers used to be a mess. Banned for playing well. Restrictions on kit etc

@awalsh47I believe that most of the tools admins use to track players are mods (community online tools?). Since mods aren’t coming to console any time soon, this shouldn’t be too much of an issue.