Acids House

Can we just get a straight answer?

4 hours ago, OilRig said:

Wait what?! Triple armour? Are you serious right now?

What i've heard is that you can wear multiple helmets and plate carriers, making you almost invincible. 

I'm not touching this pile of dirt until it's been cleaned up. 

• Like 1

I wish they would tell us if a wipe is coming or not.

They said they would give notice of wipes.

• Like 1

They tweeted patch is going for certification next week so update will be end of the month as I expected. 

Wipe or no wipe that's loads of time and I'm sure my tent will be found  before then!

@ImpulZ can we get an answer on this? At this point a simple acknowledgement would suffice..just tell us all to eff off at the very least. Lol

Full wipe?!?!?!?

But this is 1.0.  The game's been released.  This isn't alpha or beta anymore.

I will bet the better part of my privates that they will wipe the characters and the servers.

Anythings else would be insane after the CLE has been totally side-lined and tents and SVD's are all over the place.

We need it, and its probably necessary anyway as a lot of the game-mechanics are getting changed.

Im looking very much forward to it! 🙂

Edited by Jonas Levin

5 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

I will bet the better part of my privates that they will wipe the characters and the servers.

Anythings else would be insane after the CLE has been totally side-lined and tents and SVD's are all over the place.

We need it, and its probably necessary anyway as a lot of the game-mechanics are getting changed.

Im looking very much forward to it! 🙂

I hope there's no wipe until the duping issues are fully solved but it would be nice to hear a definite answer since I solo built a base and plan on extending to it. So i'm not sure if I should stay inland or join the mongoloids on the coast until the patch.

My thinking is the devs have no idea if any method they bring in will actually solve duping, so until it's solved there won't be a wipe. If they actually wipe everything with the patch and duping is still possible we're back to where we are now within a week and the few legit players left have lost everything they've done since launch

8 hours ago, Parazight said:

Full wipe?!?!?!?

But this is 1.0.  The game's been released.  This isn't alpha or beta anymore.

Yes indeed, “full release”.... DayZ should’ve simmered in early access for at least another year, though I digress.

The main issue, which seems is only prevalent on console, is the mass amounts of duped gear. So much so in fact that the devs have stated numerous times that it’s negatively affected the CLE. That’s an understatement..

Unless they have an underhanded method of removing all the duped items, a full wipe is a must.

Edited by Nayte
Typo

Well done to whoever pinched my legit mil tent full of legitimacy looted items on 3858. Thought I had it well hidden!

The question is should I rebuild or just go PVP?

ARE WE GETTING WIPED?

If not mistaken they never said after 1.0 that we wont have wipes just that they would be very far apart and rare unlike when we were in game preview. One reason they may be on the fence about a full wipe is if it's TRUE they have found a way to make that only carried items go agaisnt the loot economy and not the stashes and tents items. I remember reading it a few months ago but not 100 percent certain that was confirmed. I'm all for a full serve and character wipe. Let us start on equal footing especially if several ways of duping will be stopped or even hendered.  

On 7/6/2019 at 6:59 AM, wh1skey_ said:

they’re taking the servers offline, to start the process of making the existing servers higher pop count (75, 100, 150) and merging all players into less servers with higher pops.

So instead of needing a bunch of 60 slot servers for their total player base, instead of having everyone spread out across lots of servers, they’re going to make everyone play on just a few 150 slot servers, reducing the hopping between servers and reducing the amount of back end crap they need to maintain, and in turn being able to combat duping because hopping and joining is a part of the glitch, if you only have a few servers to choose from and they’re all constantly full to the max you won’t be able to get in, added with the new random spawn mechanic it will reduce the exploit significantly

If I can't get into a server because they are constantly full to the max, what did I pay my £40 for?

I don't think I've ever seen all servers full. I shouldn't worry too much about that. Your $40 is safe. 

1 hour ago, Seth Allen Smith said:

What is going to piss me off is waiting in a 30 minute que to get into my server only to log in and see it's night time.

Why do you expect a thirty minute queue? This is DayZ, not a Pink Floyd reunion. 

4 hours ago, awalsh47 said:

So are we getting wiped or not? @ImpulZ

I don’t understand why they’re being so tight lipped over the question.

27 minutes ago, Nayte said:

I don’t understand why they’re being so tight lipped over the question.

I'm almost certain we'll be getting full wipe. That appears to be the norm historically on big updates. 

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Why do you expect a thirty minute queue? This is DayZ, not a Pink Floyd reunion. 

I like playing on high pop servers and i've sat in numerous 15-20 minute ques

just need a date for this update now!!!