ImpulZ

Selected Servers going Offline on July 15th!

Hello Xbox Survivors,

we are sorry to announce that we will take 16 Xbox servers offline on Monday, 15th of July. Reason behind this is the continued duping activity that we are investigating.

To signal this change, we will adjust the name of the affected servers to "Persistence OFF". However, the persistence on these servers will remain functional until the 15th of July. So use this opportunity to move your existing storages to other servers. The servers that will be affected by this change are listed below.

We apologise for this inconvenience, but we are closing in on the current console issues and hope to be able to provide several critical fixes with the update this month.

See you in Chernarus!

Affected Servers:

• DayZ EU - NL 9655 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ EU - NL 9658 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ EU - NL 9661 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ EU - NL 9664 (Persistence ON)

• DayZ EU - NL 4695 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ EU - NL 4710 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ EU - NL 4725 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ EU - NL 4740 (Persistence ON)

• DayZ US - WD 4152 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ US - WD 4191 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ US - WD 4230 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ US - WD 4269 (Persistence ON)

• DayZ US - WD 4161 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ US - WD 4200 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ US - WD 4239 (Persistence ON)
  • DayZ US - WD 4278 (Persistence ON)
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Nice one Impulz. 

Good to see you guys are going server deep to solve the Duper problem.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sounds promising 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wait , they are taking servers away for duping activity? Is it me or does that sound like complete bullshit. So those duppers will just move to another server and join those duppers. Good job makes sense. 

• Like 1

I'm sure there's a valid reason.

Just a shame BHI are getting so much shit for not releasing updates.

They are probably getting distracted from all the progress updates to deal with the cheating dupers.

I appreciate the effort going into addressing the issue but surely saying " use this opportunity to move your existing storages to other servers" also applies to the cheaters and all their duped gear?

Would it be better to keep those servers alive for now until a more complete fix is ready? but seperate those servers from the rest of the cluster so it would be impossible for more of that duped gear to spread to servers where the issue isnt quite as rife and just apologise to the legit players on those servers for having to be locked down. Also leaving the cheaters with their servers full of duped loot to keep them occupied for now instead of forcing them into half decent servers to ruin the fun of many more players.

Just my 2 cents, not trying to be a nay sayer or diss your efforts at all.

This must be such a headache to get fixed, I dont envy your jobs at all. It seems like a mostly thankless job but there are still many of us who appreciate your struggle with this issue.

NL 4692 1st person have ATLEAST 4 duped camps (huge ones) that i come across. So nothing will happen to that server? Those camps will still be there.. Full of duped items? 

It's retarded AF if you guys don't wipe all servers. 

4 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

It's retarded AF if you guys don't wipe all servers. 

Yeah on 239 in Novaya Petrovk  someone has a ton of loot in one of the apartment buildings  catch is all the loot is in the middle part  between the walls that has zero access to get to so I guess people are doing wall glitches to stash 

I scoped out the town from a distance with binoculars and seen all the crap floating in the air before the  building could render on my end  due to lag 

If they take anymore they wont have any servers left.  This is getting beyond a joke now.

This is just the beginning of a glorious wipe of all duped gear. Well except what these cheatin turds can fit on there player. I know some people be wearing double backpacks so seems easy enough to carry thier ill gotten wears any where they want. If i were the devs i wouldnt warn anyone about any server wipes or game changing updates. Also i would take out server hopping totaly. Not just a random spawn penalty. I remember a time in xbox live history when people that got caught cheating got thier console banned red ring of death. That also sounds like a good fix. 1 more thing give us a way to not let people add you or follow you without a physicaly say yes or at least they cant join your game unless you are both friends. Thats the way they dupe still. I guess that ones for Microsoft as well. Good luck devs we are counting on you... 

Isn't a full wipe of all servers possible ? That would stabilize again the loot economy isn't ? And since we basically only a few weeks from the update, we could play normally again until the update arrives.

1 minute ago, MarczXD320 said:

Isn't a full wipe of all servers possible ? That would stabilize again the loot economy isn't ? And since we basically only a few weeks from the update, we could play normally again until the update arrives.

That might work for a couple of hours. Until the dupers get to work anyway. It really doesnt take them long to do it now especially considering the god tent method.

1 hour ago, Skimshady said:

If they take anymore they wont have any servers left.  This is getting beyond a joke now.

On PC some of the community servers are now running between 80 and 110 players capability. Maybe they will do the same for Xbox?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, aux7 said:

On PC some of the community servers are now running between 80 and 110 players capability. Maybe they will do the same for Xbox?

The xbox cant even handle 60 players with the FPS never mind 110 etc..

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Skimshady said:

The xbox cant even handle 60 players with the FPS never mind 110 etc..

They did some test servers on Xbox with up to 150 though lol (or it was less ? At least i remember a test server with 75 players)

1 minute ago, MarczXD320 said:

They did some test servers on Xbox with up to 150 though lol (or it was less ? At least i remember a test server with 75 players)

They did do up to 150 players. That was with 0 duped gear in the server so who knows how they'd run.

I'm just glad BI are focussing on what's important at the moment like increasing server capacity.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, u.s. army rangers said:

Yeah on 239 in Novaya Petrovk  someone has a ton of loot in one of the apartment buildings  catch is all the loot is in the middle part  between the walls that has zero access to get to so I guess people are doing wall glitches to stash 

I scoped out the town from a distance with binoculars and seen all the crap floating in the air before the  building could render on my end  due to lag 

You are able to jump into the first floor rooms and people will use elevation glitches to get to higher non accessable rooms

47 minutes ago, greggyt said:

They did do up to 150 players. That was with 0 duped gear in the server so who knows how they'd run.

I'm just glad BI are focussing on what's important at the moment like increasing server capacity.....

Just a warning at this point, as you already went for denunciation and now uninformed claims. We understand frustration about persistent issues in the game, but please stick to our guidelines for the forums.

To clear that up a bit: The test with the 150 player server was, as described in the accompanying tweet, a test for hardware performance. And just because a server is able to run 150 players does not mean we will increase every single server to 150 players, as there's obviously way more to consider on that. The test was just to see the performance of specific server hardware (our second hardware performance test was using only 60 slot servers btw).

Our team is working on the known issues of duping, meatballing, frame drops, and ghosting, while porting the new content and features from PC to consoles. Those are our priorities.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

3 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

Just a warning at this point, as you already went for denunciation and now uninformed claims. We understand frustration about persistent issues in the game, but please stick to our guidelines for the forums.

To clear that up a bit: The test with the 150 player server was, as described in the accompanying tweet, a test for hardware performance. And just because a server is able to run 150 players does not mean we will increase every single server to 150 players, as there's obviously way more to consider on that. The test was just to see the performance of specific server hardware (our second hardware performance test was using only 60 slot servers btw).

Our team is working on the known issues of duping, meatballing, frame drops, and ghosting, while porting the new content and features from PC to consoles. Those are our priorities.

Thanks for the response.

A warning though? All because I had a view on how I saw things? The community unfortunately has to resort to making up their own version of events as the silence is deafening from BI.

Thanks again for getting back anyway.

Have a good day.

Just RESET ALL OF THE SERVERS so we can get rid of all of the duped stuff and get the frame rate back to its normal craptastic 12fps instead of the now typical 3fps. Please?

7 minutes ago, v VAMPYR v said:

Just RESET ALL OF THE SERVERS so we can get rid of all of the duped stuff and get the frame rate back to its normal craptastic 12fps instead of the now typical 3fps. Please?

So you get 3 fps currently? Everywhere? And you were only getting 12 fps before? Or are we exaggerating slightly perhaps. 

• Like 1

Server and player resets to 0 accompanied by the new 1.04 update is necessary. The mitigation of random spawn for server hoppers will probably not stop duping but will slow it down considerably. I also don't see with the  new mitigation how ghosting will ever be a thing again. I feel like we dont have all the information yet.

• Like 1