smudgegard

Someone please explain what duping is and why its bad?

So I have started the game again, I pre-purchased it in game preview but didn't play it because it was so bad, now that I am back all I hear is duping this, duping that. I don't really want to know how to do it, but can someone explain why it's considered a bad thing, extra loot seem like a good idea to me. 

• Haha 3

Ruins the devs intended vision of the game.

I want an immersive zombie apocalypse experience, not a spawn and loot at a kamy tent city and sprint to Sol factory, where I ultimately die to a meatballing ghoster. Then, rinse and repeat.

I want to grind for the loot so everything has a sense of value and player interactions can be meaningful.

Duping destroys this.

Edited by Anyeurysm
Spelling
  • Like 8

Basically dupers are lazy bastards whose argument for why they do it is "Why spend 2 hours looting and losing all my stuff when I can just dupe and get all my gear back?". 

BECAUSE THAT'S HOW THE GAME WORKS YOU BRAIN DEAD MUPPETS!!! You loot, you die, you respawn and you start looting again.

I was recently part of a Facebook group for the xbox version of DayZ and the amount of players who openly boast about duping and justify it is unbelievable but my favourite members were the lazy ones asking dupers for gear! I think if 1.04 doesn't fix this I may be done with the game and will start saving for a gaming PC instead to play it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

the duplication makes that the game lag because of the hundreds of tents and chests of sailors to load it removes all the spoils of the military bases and others ruins the very principle of the game the spoils and the stress to lose it there is also  dupes who abuse as those who duplicate mines imagine when they will duplicate the grenades here the dev does not rule the duplicate before taking out the grenades it would be a disaster there are also those who are now camping at the point of repairs the duplication simply ruins the  game the concept and the interest and then the duplication Come also with the players who put themselves invisible ect.

Frequent a few reddit and Facebook groups.

I hate the way dupers see themselves as some sort of cool drug dealer type figure.

Every few comments some little prick comes in "Hey I'm a duper what do you need etc"

I hope they all get banned

• Like 4

“Duping” ruins the Central Loot Economy (CLE) system put into the game by manipulating the environment thru glitches found in gameplay.

“Central Loot Economy (often abbreviated as "CLE") is DayZ's unique management system for loot spawning and clean-up. It is a complex system of tags, categories, zones, maximums, minimums, averages, and so on. The CLE dictates exactly how many of each item can be present on a single instance of the game at a time (one server), with important factors like randomization and rarity baked in. These values can be adjusted at any time, without requiring players or servers to install a game update.

In addition to controlling how much of each item is present, it also "cleans up" the map by removing items which have become ruined or which have gone untouched for a set amount of time. This function prevents the game from becoming cluttered with useless items, serves players with a continually refreshed pool of available gear, acts as one method of preventing individual players from having too much influence over the entire server's economy. For more information about how long items stay in place without activity, please see the table below for Persistence.”

In essence, certain higher tier items should be available to be found in certain areas of the map to encourage natural, organic play that tends to push players from the coast as fresh bambi’s with no gear towards the inland to high-risk, high-reward areas of the map such as NWAF, Tisy, Troitskoe, VMC, Zelenogorsk, Green Mountain, etc. When duping occurs it turns the map into a black hole and takes away all the “natural” loot that would spawn in certain areas and puts them into wherever the duping occurs, negating all the natural organic adventure travel gameplay throughout the map and condenses all the loot in the CLE into the areas and items duped making that area into a “war zone fragfest” usually near the coast such as Solnichny factory just so people can PVP like crazy and if they die then just respawn, run to a tent, gear back up and keep shooting and get back in the meat grinder aka COD gameplay - it defeats pretty much every aspect of the survival gameplay the game is based upon and ruins the whole DayZ experience for people who attempt to play like normal on the same server because every location they will travel to will end up empty and have none of the expected loot that they should see.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

It amazes me that even though there are 5 replies, no one has answered his question, so the guy still knows fuck all.

Duping is short for duplicating. In DayZ this means duplicating one or more items by using certain exploits/glitches. Items involved can really be anything from a weapon to a backpack full with stuff. Sometimes people even duplicate full outfits, this is mainly done with groups, where everyone looks the same.

Why is it bad? First of all, it ruins the balance, the fun of those who want to play a survival game and makes it unfair for those who aren't fully decked out. Then there is the CLE, which means Central Loot Economy. DayZ's loot is determined and maintained by the CLE. If someone dupes a lot of AKM's, they will stop spawning because the maximum amount of AK's in the world has been reached. Thus it ruins the balance of the game and the fun for others.

21 minutes ago, wh1skey_ said:

“Duping” ruins the Central Loot Economy (CLE) system put into the game by manipulating the environment thru glitches found in gameplay.

“Central Loot Economy (often abbreviated as "CLE") is DayZ's unique management system for loot spawning and clean-up. It is a complex system of tags, categories, zones, maximums, minimums, averages, and so on. The CLE dictates exactly how many of each item can be present on a single instance of the game at a time (one server), with important factors like randomization and rarity baked in. These values can be adjusted at any time, without requiring players or servers to install a game update.

In addition to controlling how much of each item is present, it also "cleans up" the map by removing items which have become ruined or which have gone untouched for a set amount of time. This function prevents the game from becoming cluttered with useless items, serves players with a continually refreshed pool of available gear, acts as one method of preventing individual players from having too much influence over the entire server's economy. For more information about how long items stay in place without activity, please see the table below for Persistence.”

In essence, certain higher tier items should be available to be found in certain areas of the map to encourage natural, organic play that tends to push players from the coast as fresh bambi’s with no gear towards the inland to high-risk, high-reward areas of the map such as NWAF, Tisy, Troitskoe, VMC, Zelenogorsk, Green Mountain, etc. When duping occurs it turns the map into a black hole and takes away all the “natural” loot that would spawn in certain areas and puts them into wherever the duping occurs, negating all the natural organic adventure travel gameplay throughout the map and condenses all the loot in the CLE into the areas and items duped making that area into a “war zone fragfest” usually near the coast such as Solnichny factory just so people can PVP like crazy and if they die then just respawn, run to a tent, gear back up and keep shooting and get back in the meat grinder aka COD gameplay - it defeats pretty much every aspect of the survival gameplay the game is based upon and ruins the whole DayZ experience for people who attempt to play like normal on the same server because every location they will travel to will end up empty and have none of the expected loot that they should see.

Top post mate.

• Thanks 1

An example of the loot economy setting for weapons

iN2AQzi.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, well duping sounds like a ridiculous glitch and sounds like it does indeed ruin the game. I want that hardcore, grind for loot experience.. My next question is then I guess "why have the dev team not fixed it? I am reading duping glitch posts from month and months ago. I really hope a fix is coming soon. 

25 minutes ago, smudgegard said:

Ok, well duping sounds like a ridiculous glitch and sounds like it does indeed ruin the game. I want that hardcore, grind for loot experience.. My next question is then I guess "why have the dev team not fixed it? I am reading duping glitch posts from month and months ago. I really hope a fix is coming soon. 

Because it might not be so easy to fix. It took over a year for PC to get duping fully fixed. Although they did some hotfixes with fixing various methods, people would always find new methods until the new character controller fixed it for good on PC. At least, I haven't heard of duping yet and any methods which were found, were quickly patched.

Exploiting glitches is a soft way to hack. Explloiting is a form of cheating and is not looked down upon so harshly cause anyone can do it. Just like any 3rd person player will agree to. I.e. 3rd person peeking and anything to do with 3rd person game play. Ive noticed there isnt a lot dudped citys or whatever on the 1st person servers, i wonder why? No not really i know why. Its so hard and you cant see, and you have to actualy look and stick your head out and so on. Another words if you have to do something extra in game that isnt natrual to gain an advantage over other players. Your a Lance Armstrong have a good Dayz... 

18 minutes ago, Guido Horvall said:

Just like any 3rd person player will agree to. I.e. 3rd person peeking and anything to do with 3rd person game play

3rd person peeking is actually looked down upon by a lot of players, including me. Especially the kind who just sit still in a building, peek and wait for the perfect moment to kill someone, those are the worst. That's why I prefer 1st person.

• Beans 1

47 minutes ago, Guido Horvall said:

Exploiting glitches is a soft way to hack. Explloiting is a form of cheating and is not looked down upon so harshly cause anyone can do it. Just like any 3rd person player will agree to. I.e. 3rd person peeking and anything to do with 3rd person game play. Ive noticed there isnt a lot dudped citys or whatever on the 1st person servers, i wonder why? No not really i know why. Its so hard and you cant see, and you have to actualy look and stick your head out and so on. Another words if you have to do something extra in game that isnt natrual to gain an advantage over other players. Your a Lance Armstrong have a good Dayz... 

Comparing a games natural viewpoint to duping, really?

• Like 2

I play on 3rd person servers. Most of the time I'm in fpp, but I like to go 3pp while I'm jogging about heading somewhere. Its not cheating, it's a game setting. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 1

I play 1pp however I certainly don't like down on 3pp players. The 3pp is a game setting not an exploit like duping/meatballing.

Imo you do find a better standard of player as well as friendlier players on 1pp servers but that might just be my experience.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, greggyt said:

I play 1pp however I certainly don't like down on 3pp players. The 3pp is a game setting not an exploit like duping/meatballing.

Imo you do find a better standard of player as well as friendlier players on 1pp servers but that might just be my experience.

That's certainly not my experience. Every time I've joined a first person server I've been killed on sight within half an hour of joining. 

6 hours ago, IMT said:

Because it might not be so easy to fix. It took over a year for PC to get duping fully fixed. Although they did some hotfixes with fixing various methods, people would always find new methods until the new character controller fixed it for good on PC. At least, I haven't heard of duping yet and any methods which were found, were quickly patched.

What was the “new character controller” that fixed the duping issue for pc you speak of?

11 hours ago, IMT said:

3rd person peeking is actually looked down upon by a lot of players, including me. Especially the kind who just sit still in a building, peek and wait for the perfect moment to kill someone, those are the worst. That's why I prefer 1st person.

I agree 100% and even worst still they think they have skills.

11 hours ago, Tino81 said:

Comparing a games natural viewpoint to duping, really?

No i was saying, once you deliberately look for a glitch or some other means of gaining advatage in a unnatural way according to the natrual course of a game. For who ever didnt get it the fisrt time or the 2nd heres a  Alternate Explanation.. Um like so um you buy a game dude and like dude without duding oh i ment doing lol any work dude cause work sucks dude. You put the dude in the dude and you play it dude bro... So once you do something to alter the natural path of the game or life, i consider that cheating at its simplist form. I dont know how you didnt get that, is your real name Lance Armstrong? .. Your probably thy kind of person that we are talking about. What i was pointing out that you faild to notice is for all you 3rd person players that hate duping or any other exploit or glitch that requires no extra programing skills i.e. hacking.. Another words anyone one can do it, you tpp players should go stand in front of a mirror and start your shit talkers cause your just as weak as the duppin parasites currently infecting this game. Why is there only 4 fpp servers in americas region? This game should only be fpp and they should lock you to the server you start in. In fact there shouldnt even be a server list or a way to see who is in said server. No joining friends no 3rd party chat. You want to play COD or PUBG style games, then go do that. Nothing more irritating then people that try to change a game to suit there weak ass sensibility. "Its to hard, theres not any epic loot dude, it takes to long to play this way 😫😫😫.. Blah blah blah.. I hope that cleared up your issue Tino81.. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I play on 3rd person servers. Most of the time I'm in fpp, but I like to go 3pp while I'm jogging about heading somewhere. Its not cheating, it's a game setting. 

So i ask you why play tpp, and be in fpp most of the time except when traveling. Im sure i could answer that for you, im just courious of your answer. And tpp not to be confused with 3pp isnt a setting exactly. It would best be described as a game mode but its ok not eveyone is up on the terms. Maybe now you can say what you were trying to say only dont try to convince me tpp gameplay isnt cheating when compaired with fpp. 3rd person game play is arcade in style and first person is simulator style. So if you play a true simulator type game like flight or racing, and yes DayZ.  if you play in 3rd person you ultimately take away the one thing that makes it immersive. You really deny yourself a full experience and a level game field. Also if you out right deny the reason for fpp and only play tpp then you are weak and enjoy being an exploiter of glitches and a cheater at its simplist form. Thats one mans opinion, winners never cheat and cheaters nerver win. Happy 4th america.. for the people by the people for the rebulic in witch it stands

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

That's certainly not my experience. Every time I've joined a first person server I've been killed on sight within half an hour of joining. 

Yeah me too, and I have also been SOS on TPP servers in less time so what. T.I.Dz. wow i cant wrap my head around how many ppl including a fpp player deny the validity of my point on soft cheating. I mean seriously what dose it take to dupe. 2 servers, obviusly a friend would help but you dont even need that. What dose it take to spot someone when 3rd person peeking? nothing but just knowing. so i guess experience or someone/video/friend to initially show you but its so easy probably the easiest way to ambush some poor random player. I mean isnt it enough we have to suffer with lag death or glitched infected, Human players with no rules. Why hide behind a wall with a shotty and jump out and kill the poor person and then act like your cool and are somehow elite.. This game has so much potential i dropped a 50 on it twice plus 2 xboxes cause my girl wanted to play as well. And as new as she is she already holds the same opinion about these topics. I love this game it is the only game i want to play currently in fact when im not enjoying the walking simulator that is DayZ i watch someone else doing that exact samething on youtube. This dubing crap isnt the fault of the game but the mind set of the individual. The same can be said about tpp players. Its not if you can cause theres an option, but should you, and if you do play tpp ask yourself why and be honest with your answer. 

1 hour ago, Guido Horvall said:

The same can be said about tpp players. Its not if you can cause theres an option, but should you, and if you do play tpp ask yourself why and be honest with your answer

I gave you my honest reason. I don't need to lie or pretend. I'm an adult, I stopped doing that kind of thing a long time ago. 3pp games are a thing though. It's not an exploit, it's a game style. Some people like to play 3pp games. You have the option to play either, so I'm not sure what you're today about. You are certainly deluded when you accuse 3pp off cheating. If you want to play 1pp then nobody is stopping you. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy

4 hours ago, Guido Horvall said:

So i ask you why play tpp, and be in fpp most of the time except when traveling. Im sure i could answer that for you, im just courious of your answer. And tpp not to be confused with 3pp isnt a setting exactly. It would best be described as a game mode but its ok not eveyone is up on the terms. Maybe now you can say what you were trying to say only dont try to convince me tpp gameplay isnt cheating when compaired with fpp. 3rd person game play is arcade in style and first person is simulator style. So if you play a true simulator type game like flight or racing, and yes DayZ.  if you play in 3rd person you ultimately take away the one thing that makes it immersive. You really deny yourself a full experience and a level game field. Also if you out right deny the reason for fpp and only play tpp then you are weak and enjoy being an exploiter of glitches and a cheater at its simplist form. Thats one mans opinion, winners never cheat and cheaters nerver win. Happy 4th america.. for the people by the people for the rebulic in witch it stands

God bless America eh?! I'm not sure what you mean by 3pp/tpp.what is the difference? And it is a level playing field, everyone on a 3pp server has the same advantage if they 'choose' to use it. I've already explained my reasons for using it. And yes, I do mostly play 1pp on 3pp servers. And yes, I do only use 3pp when I'm running somewhere. If people were able to somehow play on 3pp on a 1pp server (like back when there was that bug) then that would be cheating. Take a step back, take a breath and have a big slice of perspective pie. Maybe have a cup of tea with it (or cup o' tea as you Americans like to say!) it's very good for the nerves. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 1