justice5150

Opinions on a kill cam?

A kill cam with a report button  would be an "interesting" addition.

On one hand: You could tell your buddies via discord where the person is that killed you. I, personally don't use Disc when playing with friends but majority of people do. That's the worst thing I can think of happening with this feature.

On the other hand: You could learn from your mistakes more easily & report and malicious kills (DayZ clearly doesn't have the best anti-cheat) 

EDIT: A very important rule on DayZ is moving position after shooting, this could negate the drawbacks of kill cams?

I'm really torn on the idea. Thoughts??? ❤️ 

Edited by justice5150
Moving position after shooting.

This will be a very unpopular suggestion. I think if you had madr the suggestion you'd have been downvoted to oblivion already.

Personally, I like the idea mostly because not knowing how you died is an uber pain in the arse lol. It does go against the style of the game though.

23 minutes ago, Shakis said:

This will be a very unpopular suggestion. I think if you had madr the suggestion you'd have been downvoted to oblivion already.

Personally, I like the idea mostly because not knowing how you died is an uber pain in the arse lol. It does go against the style of the game though.

I believe if they added the feature, they wouldn't force it upon you, more of an option to be able to check a kill cam. (I at least hope it would be that way)

I also don't like assuming what the masses would think of a suggestion, which is why I asked in this post 🙂

Oops, i meant to say if this suggestion had been made on Reddit.

Having the option to view the killcam or not does not help (I'm going to generalise here, don't hate me for it) the "average" DayZ player.

I think this would be the same situation as the "gamma hax" a while back whereby if you don't use it you put yourself at a disadvantage.

I believe the most hardcore survival player types and perhaps RPers might not use it as it would "ruin their immersion" but as for everyone else they'd likely feel they need to use it because "everyone else is".

Again, I'm generalising here.

Perhaps some stats about your killer could be a good alternative:

Name, Gun, attachments, health stats, time alive, distance traveled, how many players killed, distance from you when they fired the killing bullet.

Other than shot distance these stays wouldn't give their position away. I know you think that a player should move after every shot but if they spent ages getting into the "perfect position" they shouldn't need to.

Sometimes your brain instantly jumps to, "OMFG HAX" when you are sure you checked every angle but get shot anyway. Having some info about your killer may dispell some of those feelings.

I'm generalising based on my own internal monologue for the most part.

I would be just as happy if no such feature was introduced.

Yes, good idea... for you. Go mod it in.

Shit like this will NEVER be in Vanilla.

• Beans 2

Not authentic.

Unnecessary.

3 hours ago, justice5150 said:

I believe if they added the feature, they wouldn't force it upon you, more of an option to be able to check a kill cam.

It wouldn't be an option.  Anyone in their right mind would use it to gain otherwise impossible information about their attacker.  A person is almost obligated to use it, unless you hate free information.

• Beans 1

If they implement it just as crappy as pubg killcam/replay then you will only get a rise in false cheater reports. 

Killcam should only exist in the sniper series 

Dayz was always trying to be a different type of a game, in a same sense that there's no floating markers above enemy's head, that there's no easy map overview, no teaming up option and spawning in the same area with your buddy or anything like that. It's all down to luck and individual player's decision in any moment. It's supposed to be a gritty and authentic shooter with a sprinkle of RPG where "metagaming" is reduced to minimum. Minimum and not fully because of TS and Discord types of communication (you can still tell your buddies where and how you died etc.).

I wouldn't want a kill-cam, but think it would be nice to have "kill confirmation" in the lower left-hand text.

For the player who does the kill I mean, You can't always tell if you got someone, and the results are sometimes a bit odd because the game can glitch and has bugs.

I was in thick forest yesterday just outside a small town and took a Mosin shot, I know it hit the guy dead-on because he fell. But when I got to where he was he had disappeared.

I don't know whether I got him and he de-spawned, whether I knocked him out and then he came around and ran, or whether he combat logged.

Edited by Duck Solo