Shakis

Anti Ghosting/Server Hopping Measures

29 minutes ago, McWendy said:

@aux7 sorry mate didnt mean to say you do that. I Re read my post and it did implicate that. Wasnt the intention.

And yes always best to get of the beach asap seeing there are roaming parties Who prey on beach spawns. 

no worries

the only people Ive met on the beach have been new spawns, who generally kill me for my apple or whatever it is that time .. .

Edited by aux7

1 hour ago, McWendy said:

You do know that your character is alive on the server and open to harm before you even see your character right?

I can remember seeing a you are dead screen right after relogging. Infected or campers..... my fault

True, for a few seconds. I had my fair share of guys spawning next to me in some building in a military complex. But I would say serverhopping is pretty much risk free if you would do it in a bush just outside a base, for example. 

5 hours ago, McWendy said:

You were right @Parazight they should have done nothing with that mechanic. Now Its an even worse sollution and a sollution that again caters the pvp players. 

Well, I'm 100% in the PVP 'crowd'.  I've always felt that the environment has been there to perform as a speed bump and that PVE is largely irrelevant.  That said, the solution is bad, in my opinion, for any crowd.  A player has to invest so much time to progress just even a little bit.  This mechanic undoes so much.  Especially for new players that don't know the game in and out.  I can only imagine that this solution will only create just as many problems.

• Beans 1

Ach. My server is full, the queue is giving me the overlay bug I can't change server as I'm trying to play with friends 😞

Why say - "I do not use jumping on servers for fraud," when it comes to not quite complete and not entirely successful way to combat fraud?
Suggest methods and algorithms to close this issue with jump fraud. Do not talk about returning to the old system of jumping servers.
This method solves 100% of the server jump problem for fraud.
This method does not solve for 100% the problem of an unexpected collision of players when entering the server. For example, I finished the game on Tisy yesterday and left the server. Today I returned to the same server and appeared on the back of a guy who was walking for two hours on Tisy. )))
The game is not perfect in this way of providing coordinates. But to speak now about the return of the old system is nonsense. First, we need to implement areas of scatter of spawn points for players entering the server, obtaining coordinates in the nearest free kilometer zones, or waiting for their coordinates until the zone is freed from the player who is on the server. Give any other options or methods for getting players coordinates in the "initial safe tactical distance."

Only after that it will be possible to return to the old way of jumping to the server.
I'm basically against jumping servers. I am for the fact that each server would give the player a new character and save the character and its coordinates only for this server.

Edited by lex__1

On 6/28/2019 at 6:18 AM, Shakis said:

I posted in the discussion thread but it was almost instantly buried (good to see a very active community 😄

I'm sort of in two minds about it.  I should state that I've not played the game in ages and although I am a long time player I should be considered a noob for information's sake.

I believe it is needed. In my head this will make bases more secure, no ghosting through walls for example. It should also help with combat logging and flanking on a different server.

Additionally, I like the idea of being able to change server and instantly appear at the coast from waaaay inland to meet friends. If one team member dies or a new player joins us we can all swap server and meet up on the coast, handy AF.

Conversely: I sort of think being sent all the way back to the coast is a little heavy-handed, even though I'm not totally against it. I'd have thought that perhaps you would be sent to the outskirts of the nearest town/village. Kinda makes transferring loot from one server to another a bit difficult now (I have caches on multiple servers). Perhaps I was abusing the way servers worked by jumping between them like that and I totally get it if that is your opinion.

If you have any input I'd love to hear it!

They should make it so you teleport 1-2 KM away from your log out point. Even a littler more wouldn't hurt anywhere near as bad as you spawning all the way on the coast. When it turns night time, masses of ppl still leave your server, you're left with playing on a dead server or being teleported back to the coast to get to a high pop. Not to mention geared & freshies with civilian weapons are CAMPING the coast like crazy now in hopes of easy gear. 

I still think its wiser to use the suggestion I made in the earlier post and other topics,.. at least with regards to server hopping first, being that a player spawns at the nearest large town or city from their logoff point, then introduce a sleeping bag/craftable bed w/e to create a spawn point if its in a base and can only be deployed in a base with a complete perimeter.

52 minutes ago, justice5150 said:

They should make it so you teleport 1-2 KM away from your log out point. Even a littler more wouldn't hurt anywhere near as bad as you spawning all the way on the coast. When it turns night time, masses of ppl still leave your server, you're left with playing on a dead server or being teleported back to the coast to get to a high pop. Not to mention geared & freshies with civilian weapons are CAMPING the coast like crazy now in hopes of easy gear. 

I was hunted down and killed along with my friends way NW. The furthest NW I've ever been since that sectuon of the map was redone.

I am now not leaving the coast. If I do head inland it is not by much. There are more players on the coast to interact with anyway so for me it is more fun.

On 6/30/2019 at 2:20 AM, McWendy said:

It flew out there window when they ported to consoles. There is a whole New whiny entitled console race they now have playing and posting.

And those console play ages usually have a lot of "I will show you mine is bigger then yours mentality" which creates the whiny pvp crowd.

You were right @Parazight they should have done nothing with that mechanic. Now Its an even worse sollution and a sollution that again caters the pvp players. 

@aux7 B-lining to Tisy is not playing the "game" your playing a cycle. Spawn-beeline-pvp-die-repeat. 

Some of us just want to play the game on console without hoppers and people ghosting. Plus it's quite rude of you to put all of us in the same group.

6 hours ago, Flyingpapaya said:

Some of us just want to play the game on console without hoppers and people ghosting. Plus it's quite rude of you to put all of us in the same group.

No it isnt but feel free to think that it is.

1 hour ago, Flyingpapaya said:

Sigh.....

Yes Its must by very frustrating. So is the development of this game. If you had been here since the early days then you would have known. But march 27 doesnt say you know.

You also would know that ghosting and server hopping is a thing since Day 1. So you made you're own group aswell saying just you as console players would like to play without ghosting and hopping.

Obviously pc players DO want ghosting and server hopping...... sigh. Really?

Next time dont quote just a bit but the whole context, maybe Re read some post history of me before you single out just one person, thats just rude.😉

Edited by McWendy

I'm glad they fixed it.

I can now use the mechanic as intended to quick travel around the coast 😄

On 7/1/2019 at 8:38 AM, Shakis said:

I am now not leaving the coast. If I do head inland it is not by much. There are more players on the coast to interact with anyway so for me it is more fun.

It's all about hotspots. If you know the map fairly well, or if you use one of the online maps, you can navigate yourself fairly easily without contact from one side of the map to the other. The map is really big and even if you had hundreds of players on the server, it's very unlikely you'll bump into another player unless you are heading to a hotspot. I tend to find players who are off the beaten track tend to be more friendly.

2 minutes ago, rickyriot said:

It's all about hotspots. If you know the map fairly well, or if you use one of the online maps, you can navigate yourself fairly easily without contact from one side of the map to the other. The map is really big and even if you had hundreds of players on the server, it's very unlikely you'll bump into another player unless you are heading to a hotspot. I tend to find players who are off the beaten track tend to be more friendly.

In my experience, it depends on how far inland you go. Too far and it turns back into KoS. I wanna try robbing people on the coast but so far it hasn't worked out too well lol. I know that sounds evil but I've been robbed before and it was actually quite fun. They didn't take everything and left me alive so I was able to continue. Those interactions are what make this game for me.

3 hours ago, Shakis said:

In my experience, it depends on how far inland you go. Too far and it turns back into KoS. I wanna try robbing people on the coast but so far it hasn't worked out too well lol. I know that sounds evil but I've been robbed before and it was actually quite fun. They didn't take everything and left me alive so I was able to continue. Those interactions are what make this game for me.

I agree that interactions other than a PvP shoot out are more rewarding (although we all enjoy an evenly matched long gunfight in the middle of a city!). I wouldn't go with there being a distinct cut off line for KoS though.

I mean you could exploit it by starting on the East or South coast then go North or West respectively which will take you off the map, into the "flatlands", where nobody goes. You can then track your way all around the map and drop in at any point you fancy (Тисы being a nice little drop off point, but it is definitely a hot spot!).

Keeping to tree lines, sensibly moving through towns and grabbing low level loot before getting out and not engaging can see you easily go deep into the NW corner without any exploits.

Edited by rickyriot

We have bled out hundreds of issues with this since way back in Pre alpha... We hashed out reasons for public official to be different, until we where blue in the face.

Each year these topics still come out in hopes to fix it but i dont think it matters anymore. You get what you get.

We lost many of the key people on the project, so i expect not a lot to happen with dayz. I dont put my faith in them fixing this problem that was addressed by the devs 2 years ago or more now.

I like this solution so far. Is it the best solution? I dunno...but it sure beats what we had before. It solves a number of problems. Besides Ghosting behind players and spawning inside bases, people find a military base and hop server to server taking all the good loot, ruining the economy for players trying to play the game as it was intended to be played. So I take my boonie hat off to the Devs for this. It is certainly a step in the right direction.

My only concern is people abusing it to teleport to coastal areas, so adding many more spawns all over the map might be a solution (or at least deter people) from doing this (as the spawn-in timer is long).

On 6/28/2019 at 11:57 PM, emuthreat said:

Wait, so the anti-server hopping solution is to just have every player spawn on the coast at the usual respawn points???

How long until it becomes painfully obvious that the new meta will be to camp spawn points hoping to assassinate a non-bambi who has just come back the next day after successfully looting a high reward military zone and logging out safely in the trees halfway back to camp.

I was looking forward to playing some DayZ this weekend to check out the 1.04 additions.  Guess I'll just go walk my dog and then plant some more tomatoes and peppers this afternoon instead...

I heard if you stay on the same server you wont get teleported away. If you server hop you will, so it's your own choice?

Also if there is someone close to spawn point, you should not spawn there (I saw a developer write).