Shakis

Anti Ghosting/Server Hopping Measures

"Imagine creeping up to Tisy and coming across another player who has already been through there on that server..."

@emuthreat

thats also normal gameplay, happens a lot. means you dont always get what you want . . . .

mostly I also play community. As you say

"The point is to discourage server hopping for loot/ghosting.  Sending players back towards the coast has more unintended consequences than can be justified by this current fix."

where things can be abused, they will be. This is a survival game. you have friends on other public servers, fine. play on those servers

2 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I mostly play on one community server, and generally avoid PVP.  I do like to go help random strangers if they are chill though. Thanks

this was directed at Drgullen. I havent killed any players at all.

Ive just dropped into another server, my friend picked me up in his car . .. .  spawning at the beach didnt bother me in the slightest. Why should I have an advantage on another server?

Edited by aux7
sp

13 minutes ago, drgullen said:

I don't appreciate you implicating me in this way -- I've been playing DayZ for years and I have never done what you described here -- not even once.

it was a question, not a statement

13 minutes ago, drgullen said:

The point is changing servers isn't always about something to do with cheating.  The server is down right now and hasn't come back up.  The server is full, has a massive queue and I only have a short time to play.  The server has just started its night cycle and I played in night yesterday and want to continue where I left off, but in daytime this session.  Those are three examples right there where this "back on the coast" mechanic would have nothing to do with trying to screw over a base or hopping for loot.

only community servers have really bad queues

this is a survival game with day and night cycles

Server crashing, not available, mmm. wednesdays for maintenance, mostly servers seem to be pretty stable now

the problem is, people are abusing the capability. How do you propose to fix it? So far none of you guys against this method have come up with anything to combat it. Only wishy washy suggestions to kind of maintain the status quo.

Please play the game, its meant to be hard. Night time is almost not an issue anymore . ..

Edited by aux7

8 minutes ago, aux7 said:

Why should I have an advantage on another server?

Ugh....  Keeping your geographical progress isn't an advantage.

Losing your geographical progress to a randomized semi-coastal spawn point is a setback.

That's the point here.  They are trying to mitigate abuse of the hive system by server hoppers--which used to be mitigated organically, by players camping hot zones and shooting hoppers.

They took a broad stroke, and did more harm than good with this change.

Your example of switching servers to one where a friend had a car to pick you up is an extreme case, reliant on heavy progress and organization, and is therefore  not a good example. 

it's a good idea, but the execution is shit.  it needs more support, and a bit of effort to make the innocent cases of switching servers not have such an extreme impact on players' progress.  That's all.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

42 minutes ago, aux7 said:

So far none of you guys against this method have come up with anything to combat it. Only wishy washy suggestions to kind of maintain the status quo.

At least read the damn thread, dude....

This post was from this thread.......

Edited by emuthreat

1 minute ago, emuthreat said:

At least read the damn thread, dude....

Ive read all the threads, thats why I asked to combine the threads.

@Max Planck can we combine them  . . .please

5 hours ago, Maxzymator said:

Didn't think that this elegant and simple solution for server hopping would make so many people to produce so much salt. So much salt from people used to hop from server to server when even a slightest inconvenience occurs, instead of playing a SURVIVAL game trying to overcome difficulties. And it's the same people who were crying out loud that "we need a solution to serverhopping ASAP because bastards stole all my shit from my base!!1!!!11!". Jeez.

Well, that's a predictable, if thoughtless post I guess. I'm not a server hopper. My char is 100% geared. I wasn't aware that a survival game, however defined, required the player to stick to a single server; whether or not that server is actually working. 

Nor was I one of the "same people crying out loud" about anything. 

I do agree that a solution to hopping is a good idea - but this is not it. 

Edited by Mookie (original)

9 hours ago, drgullen said:

So, you're okay with this?  We are being forced to stay on a server even if we don't want to because if we change servers, we'll spawn somewhere else.  You're seriously okay with that?  I'm definitely not.

What if you don't like or don't feel like playing in the dark?  What if you don't like or don't feel like playing in the rain?  What if this particular server is currently full of shooters instead of talkers/explorers and every attempt at a friendly encounter has resulted in being blown away despite having no gun in your hand and having your hand raised saying hello?

There's all kinds of reasons why you might legitimately want to change servers, but not current location.  Most people don't like playing in the dark and they shouldn't be forced to do so, otherwise, they are sent to the corner like it's the timeout chair in kindergarten.  If I've been playing for hours and have looted my way to the NWAF for example and I'm geared and ready for action and it is turning nighttime, I'd rather switch to a daytime server at that point and have a battle that I can actually see.  This prevents me from doing that because I'll log in on the other server miles away from where I was and as @emuthreat said, probably spawn in, get killed almost immediately by a "server hopper spawn point camper" and lose all my loot.

I'm playing on a private server since 1.01, I have do play even if it's night time or with bad weather like in dayz mod or rust... Or project zomboid... Or all my games.... So yes I'm okay of being forced to play on a server because this is what we had to do in the past in dayz mod and what we do in any other videogames. Why shouldn't be force to ? you are forced to play with the night in rust, nobody is crying because this is part of the meta.... Even if you can't see your own shoes... 

This is what the devs are trying to do, they want us to play with the rain and the night. Remeber, this is a survival update. Medication is back and we are now punished if you want to switch server to not be in disaventage from the night or the rain.... However !

7 hours ago, emuthreat said:

This is actually worse, as a player can spend a day swapping servers, and make a catalog of the new points at which they can expect to find ONLY geared players logging in.  Oof.

Doing this with a grid of "survivor spawn points" throughout the interior of the map would be a much better solution.

The new spawnpoint system have some issues indeed. However I didn't saw anyone posting to say he got killed at the coast by a geared guy. Maybe just a question of time tho... Oh well only time will tell what truly need to be tweaked x)

We have to stick to this solution until someone found a good suggestion.

8 hours ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Half of this decision makes no logical sense, Sure we get the abuse and teleporting into bases part and evading night or weather conditions, but having to start back at the coast when you spent half the day on the westside (the best side) casing for a potential base location to start up and getting shitfaced tired and having to logoff and pickup where you left off the next day?,.. ugh but now I have a bloody log in my hands and sitting on the effin coast! ffs you see what Im sayin here? And also to mention the last line of your post here,.. I quote "Establishing server-specific rivalry" This doesnt sound like a friendly gesture in a meant to be friendly gaming community, it sounds like bias as Popular servers keep getting popular and mediocre ones will fade off in the sunset.. or the rich keep getting richer while the poorer get poorer type mentality, being popular private servers or official listed servers. this decision needs drastic attention The post I made regarding for the best possible solution HERE and should have others petition their support for it and or feel free to voice their concerns with any of it but not to ignore it as its a wise solution to a messed up decision if you dont mind me stating.  

I am sorry to tell you that your solution have flaws. Beds could be exploited for server hopping and how do you manage to remove the ability to spawn inside a base without creating issues ? Perimeter around a player made structure ? What should be the range to be not that much OP but still good ? Do we need to remove the ability to spawn only on the inside of the wall or also the outside ? Can we abuse the system by building on each spawnpoints of a city ? How can we spawn a player to a city with his friends ? Should we spawn each survivor in a town for each of them ? How can we make a system which don't give the information that someone was in this city because nobody spawned there ? How can a player not abuse the new spawnning mechanic ?

I lot of players gave their ideas on reddit, youtube and here. But none of them are good because they have bigger issues. Just for your own idea I gave you some general questions. You need to be able to awnser thoses questions in detail and ask yourself new questions until you can't ask yourself new questions. If we want a new system, we have to do it right. And last question, why do we need to change it. What is creating this need ? As I said before, to escape the rain and the night or for something else ?

Edited by Lt.Master

37 minutes ago, Lt.Master said:

I'm playing on a private server since 1.01, I have do play even if it's night time or with bad weather like in dayz mod or rust... Or project zomboid... Or all my games.... So yes I'm okay of being forced to play on a server because this is what we had to did in the past in dayz mod and what we do in any other videogames. Why shouldn't be force to ? you are forced to play with the night in rust, nobody is crying because this is part of the meta.... Even if you can't see your own shoes... 

This is what the devs are trying to do, they want us to play with the rain and the night. Remeber, this is a survival update. Medication is back and we are now punished if you want to switch server to not be in disaventage from the night or the rain.... However !

The new spawnpoint system have some issues indeed. However I didn't saw anyone posting to say he got killed at the coast by a geared guy. Maybe just a question of time tho... Oh well only time will tell what truly need to be tweaked x)

We have to stick to this solution until someone found a good suggestion.

I am sorry to tell you that your solution have flaws. Beds could be exploited for server hopping and how do you manage to remove the ability to spawn inside a base without creating issues ? Perimeter around a player made structure ? What should be the range to be not that much OP but still good ? Do we need to remove the ability to spawn only on the inside of the wall or also the outside ? Can we abuse the system by building on each spawnpoints of a city ? How can we spawn a player to a city with his friends ? Should we spawn each survivor in a town for each of them ? How can we make a system which don't give the information that someone was in this city because nobody spawned there ? How can a player not abuse the new spawnning mechanic ?

I lot of players gave their ideas on reddit, youtube and here. But none of them are good because they have bigger issues. Just for your own idea I gave you some general questions. You need to be able to awnser thoses questions in detail and ask yourself new questions until you can't ask yourself new questions. If we want a new system, we have to do it right. And last question, why do we need to change it. What is creating this need ? As I said before, to escape the rain and the night or for something else ?

Regarding my spawn at your base idea, im sure it wont be hard to create parameters such as like safezones have to eliminate anyone spawning inside any base with a complete perimeter wall and can only be spawned inside if a player puts down a 1 per person sleepingbag/bed thats only able to be used logged in or out of by that one person, such as the idea with a combination lock, also they will be destructible. Major town spawns default for server hoppers without their spawn point/sleepingbag w/e. Hoppers either spawning on the street and in houses and if thats not good enough spawning on the city limits or town surrounds, in either case of the current system or a improvised one as mine people will know the spawn point co-ords for hoppers just by looking in the files, and to that we can add more randomness such as cool down timers with a switching ability, proximity checkers etc if it really gets that unbearable, but even changing the current to just a part of my suggestion like the nearest major towns or surrounds from area of logoff would be better at least, people have ideas, but Im a person who comes up with answers and sometimes answers to my own ideas (try my best anyhow) whether people listen to them is sometimes like trying to get blood from a stone or leading a horse to water but cant make them drink. Im sorry Im not 12 years old I will not be treated or punished like one as you see it as a punishment?, I see it as incomplete thought production. The main issue with this system is simple, not because of escaping the elements or the darkness, its the fact that if you spent hours and I mean hours, on the other side of the map either at your base or just loitering the forest hunting or getting building supplies or whatever the case may be, we should be able to, allowed even, to login back in the general vicinity of the area we logged out from, its that simple, If I played public servers as much as I play private ones this and this alone would make me so angry id leave the game until its rectified, to be player friendly, if I was to return to it that is, and thats putting it lightly.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS

3 hours ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Just so you know, I and a lot of others dont play on public hives anymore because of a infestation of hackers/glitchers etc.. from .62 onwards I played a few test servers and some EXP but thats about it, also judgemental assumptions fall on deaf ears, All this salt production? if there is really so much salt (feeling extra sweet myself) then start tanning business or a production line, I only used to "hop" servers when there either was nobody on it and I wanted some lone wolf aspects or when ones were full and I wanted some quick action/interaction. I take it you never read mine or the other the posts above yours before you made such comments? If you did.. great!, if not,.. Take a L(.)(.)K.

Well, that's another thing - it seems that almost everybody who's having an issue with this solution are also saying "i actually don't play on public servers anymore, because this, this and this". Why tha fuck do u even care about it at all then? This issue does not concern you in the slightest, since you are forced to play on a single server and all those possible reasons for changing the server aren't applicable to you anyway. Since you are forced to either wait some time or start from scratch on another server if the one that you were playing on is down/raining/having night. Why are you even have this conversation at all? Why aren't you playing on a public server with a mind set to a simple thought that you just cannot change servers, as you cannot change them while playing on private ones, and if you do still trying to change a server you're starting from scratch but also having a little bonus - all the shit that you had on you stays on you. Isn't this wonderful?

17 minutes ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Regarding my spawn at your base idea, im sure it wont be hard to create parameters such as like safezones have to eliminate anyone spawning inside any base with a complete perimeter wall and can only be spawned inside if a player puts down a 1 per person sleepingbag/bed thats only able to be used logged in or out of by that one person, such as the idea with a combination lock, also they will be destructible. Major town spawns default for server hoppers without their spawn point/sleepingbag w/e. Hoppers either spawning on the street and in houses and if thats not good enough spawning on the city limits or town surrounds, in either case of the current system or a improvised one as mine people will know the spawn point co-ords for hoppers just by looking in the files, and to that we can add more randomness such as cool down timers with a switching ability, proximity checkers etc if it really gets that unbearable, but even changing the current to just a part of my suggestion like the nearest major towns or surrounds from area of logoff would be better at least, people have ideas, but Im a person who comes up with answers and sometimes answers to my own ideas (try my best anyhow) whether people listen to them is sometimes like trying to get blood from a stone or leading a horse to water but cant make them drink. Im sorry Im not 12 years old I will not be treated or punished like one as you see it as a punishment?, I see it as incomplete thought production. The main issue with this system is simple, not because of escaping the elements or the darkness, its the fact that if you spent hours and I mean hours, on the other side of the map either at your base or just loitering the forest hunting or getting building supplies or whatever the case may be, we should be able to, allowed even, to login back in the general vicinity of the area we logged out from, its that simple, If I played public servers as much as I play private ones this and this alone would make me so angry id leave the game until its rectified, to be player friendly, if I was to return to it that is, and thats putting it lightly.

So we need to add a perimeter tool for the players that can't be abused. Bases can be inside a building with only 2 or 3 walls just to block the entrances.

• Bases can be a building with only 2 entrance with walls to fill the gaps like the big industrial building with the blue doors. So we can't use the fence kit and tower kit for that
  • In the future we will be able to barricade windows and doors so we need to take in count this feature as well
  • We can't base our "perimeter" with the nav path to create a dynamic perimeter based on the area for quite a lot of reasons

We have create a new tool but need to be used in random areas in the map without a set minimum... We need to prevent any abuse or perimeter spam.

How can we detect server hoppers and a migrating player ?

About allowing players to switch servers and spawwning in the general area of his last position... I'll be honest with you, if the devs want to stop server hopping and base hopping they don't have millions solutions. The actual one being the best for long term survival, you save ressources for your dedicated servers and at the same time you force players to play like in any other games but they can still migrate if they want to. Why should we switch server in the first place ? If we want to build a base, we are going to settle in one server. Same thing for a car by the way.... If we want something player friendly all we have to do is to alert the player before he join the server for the first time and when he is going to switch server.

4 hours ago, drgullen said:

You're missing the point.  Sure, I can get to Tisy from the coast in less than 2 hours -- the point is after looting Tisy, I want to continue exploring/looting other areas FROM TISY and not start over on the coast again.

With this new system in place, it's a roll of the dice basically every single second.  At any time, the server might go down and if it doesn't come back up, I'm forced to switch to another server to continue playing and it's bye-bye wherever I was before.

Another example is logging out somewhere for the night, but the next day when I want to continue, that server has a massive queue, yet another one that also has good ping for me is only Medium pop and has no queue, but again, if I join that one, I ain't gonna be where I was before, am I?  I'm sorry, but trying to persuade people to stay on a specific server is not a good solution to this issue.

Look, this game is a roll of the dice basically every single second with or without this system implemented. At any time I can hop out of the nearest bush and blow your head off and force you to start from the shore having nothing but flare and dick in your hand. Why aren't you playing on a public server with a mind set to a simple thought that you just cannot change servers, as you cannot change them while playing on private ones, and if you do still trying to change a server you're starting from scratch but also having a little bonus - all the shit that you had on you stays on you. Isn't this wonderful?

• Beans 1

40 minutes ago, Maxzymator said:

Well, that's another thing - it seems that almost everybody who's having an issue with this solution are also saying "i actually don't play on public servers anymore, because this, this and this". Why tha fuck do u even care about it at all then? This issue does not concern you in the slightest, since you are forced to play on a single server and all those possible reasons for changing the server aren't applicable to you anyway. Since you are forced to either wait some time or start from scratch on another server if the one that you were playing on is down/raining/having night. Why are you even have this conversation at all? Why aren't you playing on a public server with a mind set to a simple thought that you just cannot change servers, as you cannot change them while playing on private ones, and if you do still trying to change a server you're starting from scratch but also having a little bonus - all the shit that you had on you stays on you. Isn't this wonderful?

Now now dont get ya panties in a twist mate, Im in this fuckin conversation cos I wont just be in a fucking private server all the time, Thank you kindly for your concerns, I do play public, when I want to. I care about it cos that what being part of a community is all about, in case you didnt know or you walked out of that subject in school, if indeed you have even left it yet with that attitude your clearly not attributing anything constructive out of your posts. I love the darkness, enjoy the rain never abused "hopping" to get into someones base, Just for your information I spent my first 2000hrs playing in mostly public servers, I have over 3000hrs+ now go figure, I put this game to its paces that Im sure of, navigating night via stars before they went all wac, keeping under trees best I could whilst raining and on the move you really have no idea about how much I have played the survival part let alone theres now mostly pvp adrenaline junkies playin just gettin their daily few hrs fix, which is what I think this system was designed to accommodate, The real question is why the eff in Chernarus are you here for, to try munch my ass at every post like a hungry mutt?,  Good luck with that and please dont quit your lovely concerns, we need that in the community. 👌👍

31 minutes ago, Lt.Master said:

So we need to add a perimeter tool for the players that can't be abused. Bases can be inside a building with only 2 or 3 walls just to block the entrances.

• Bases can be a building with only 2 entrance with walls to fill the gaps like the big industrial building with the blue doors. So we can't use the fence kit and tower kit for that
  • In the future we will be able to barricade windows and doors so we need to take in count this feature as well
  • We can't base our "perimeter" with the nav path to create a dynamic perimeter based on the area for quite a lot of reasons

We have create a new tool but need to be used in random areas in the map without a set minimum... We need to prevent any abuse or perimeter spam.

How can we detect server hoppers and a migrating player ?

About allowing players to switch servers and spawwning in the general area of his last position... I'll be honest with you, if the devs want to stop server hopping and base hopping they don't have millions solutions. The actual one being the best for long term survival, you save ressources for your dedicated servers and at the same time you force players to play like in any other games but they can still migrate if they want to. Why should we switch server in the first place ? If we want to build a base, we are going to settle in one server. Same thing for a car by the way.... If we want something player friendly all we have to do is to alert the player before he join the server for the first time and when he is going to switch server.

These are things that need to be calculated, but this current solution is not and shouldnt be long term, and if there is so much an issue, just eliminate the whole connected hive thing, sorted simple, very very simple, which I think they would be more likely inclined to do than to implement any ideas such as mine, it is the easy way not the only way but they are known to take this easy fix approach, sad to say but it rings true going from history, ideas can be improvised, BI isnt paying me so Im not going to loose lots of sleep over it but I may loose some, I enjoy this game so Im concerned on its development definately.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS
  • Like 1

Each server must store an individual character for the player. I decided to go to another server, get a new character and play his story on this server. The idea of hops across the servers was interesting, until it became a mass manipulation for fraud.
Anyone who advocates the possibility of maintaining the character’s position after the jump may be a victim of a hopping cheater - where is your logic?

1 hour ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Now now dont get ya panties in a twist mate, Im in this fuckin conversation cos I wont just be in a fucking private server all the time, Thank you kindly for your concerns, I do play public, when I want to. I care about it cos that what being part of a community is all about, in case you didnt know or you walked out of that subject in school, if indeed you have even left it yet with that attitude your clearly not attributing anything constructive out of your posts. I love the darkness, enjoy the rain never abused "hopping" to get into someones base, Just for your information I spent my first 2000hrs playing in mostly public servers, I have over 3000hrs+ now go figure, I put this game to its paces that Im sure of, navigating night via stars before they went all wac, keeping under trees best I could whilst raining and on the move you really have no idea about how much I have played the survival part let alone theres now mostly pvp adrenaline junkies playin just gettin their daily few hrs fix, which is what I think this system was designed to accommodate, The real question is why the eff in Chernarus are you here for, to try munch my ass at every post like a hungry mutt?,  Good luck with that and please dont quit your lovely concerns, we need that in the community. 👌👍

Well there ya go mate. Sounds like you're a seasoned player, and I just don't get why are you against this solution at all since it shouldn't bother you in the slightest. I myself can navigate even without a stars in a pitch black night from let's say Shakhovka to Cherno no fuss no muss. And it doesn't bother me at all to be teleported to a shore if I changed servers. The server I ususally play on was unavailable for a couple of days after the patch, so I went to another one and got spawned near Balota and it didn't bother me at all. On the contrary - I now have a cool stash with a lot of shit not on one but two servers. What's bad about it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maxzymator said:

Well there ya go mate. Sounds like you're a seasoned player, and I just don't get why are you against this solution at all since it shouldn't bother you in the slightest. I myself can navigate even without a stars in a pitch black night from let's say Shakhovka to Cherno no fuss no muss. And it doesn't bother me at all to be teleported to a shore if I changed servers. The server I ususally play on was unavailable for a couple of days after the patch, so I went to another one and got spawned near Balota and it didn't bother me at all. On the contrary - I now have a cool stash with a lot of shit not on one but two servers. What's bad about it? 

Its just a bad move feel if you know what I mean, not that im eccentric or stuck in my ways I welcome the server hoppin spawn idea, just not the locations of it, I used to stash gear when it first was implemented and if it didnt bug out or someone found it, it would be there for if I ever died so I have a jump start to move westward in a comfortable fashion it came in handy, Its just when you base build as I have been eager to do since it has been implemented,  and when you have half a base ready and need loot for more supplies, mind you I had to find all the items to retrieve the supplies so I have that on me, almost full inventory, and a great log in my hands and had to logout for the sake of living IRL only to logon with a log in my hands a bunch of building gear, no weapons and on the coast, thats my only qualm with it, If only it can be set at a closest major town or surrounds would be kinder to the feet and safer for my character, overall I wasnt impressed being tossed on the coast unless I was in a firefight or mauled by wolves then so be it.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, aux7 said:

How do you propose to fix it?

There's only one way to fix it properly -- eliminate the hive system and make every server a single server.

7 hours ago, Maxzymator said:

Why aren't you playing on a public server with a mind set to a simple thought that you just cannot change servers, as you cannot change them while playing on private ones

Umm, because I thought that was the point of having hived servers -- you could switch between them and not lose your shit or your position on the map -- guess I missed the memo on this "mind set".

So, I'll say it again, if this is the mindset we're supposed to be playing with, why even have hives then?  Just get rid of them and the only issue left to tackle will be loot cycling.

• Beans 1

19 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

and for me yet another of the growing reasons not to play vanilla. 

There are some vanilla private servers, I would love to see some official servers without server hopping though.

The solution they implemented for server hopping moving the players to the coast seems logical to me, otherwise players would abuse this system hoping servers until they get a good inland spawn.

Edited by Wili

This new set of coastal-ish spawns for switching servers is trying to solve one specific problem; people logging out in a military camp, and checking the same location in another server, repeatedly, to gain loot easily.

While the system of deportation upon switching servers does fix this issue, there are unintended consequences for players who might choose to change servers for other reasons.

Fuck, I've joined the wrong server a few times in a row, trying to meet up with friends, just because THEY were confused among the group, as to which server we'd all be meeting on.
Not every instance of switching a server is abusive. You could be playing alone, trying to gear up a new life, and see a friend come online. Hop on over to try to meet friend A, who has to leave after an hour.  So you switch back to your original server, because you found a car there, and were trying to get it running.  But then friend B joins a different server that they started a camp on, and you'd like to go help with that; or maybe friend A comes back and messages you to come pick up where you left off.

There are factors to consider here, such as where the logout takes place, how soon the player logs into a new server, the total geographical displacement between login-logout activities, the elapsed time between subsequent logout-login events, and if the next server they join is already occupied by a friend.
I would assume that server hopping can be deduced from data with relative certainty, as the behavior is pretty constant and predictable; e.g. laps around NWAF, logging out in same area each time, running back and forth across Kamensk or Pavlovo bases and swapping servers at each end, cycling the evacuation roadblock tents a dozen times in an hour.

The data speaks for itself.  I'd rather they devise a way of flagging suspicious amounts of logging activity based on proximity to high loot zones, and issue increasingly long temp bans from the public hive.

So instead of attacking other players' concerns as evidence of their abusing mechanics, or blindly rallying behind the changes, it would be nice if people could at least acknowledge that there are unintended consequences, and focus discussion on how to solve both problems adequately, with the least amount of collateral damage.

I am appalled, simply appalled, at how readily some people can accept having their character randomly moved around the map via Deus Ex Machina in what was sold as a realistic open world survival simulator; because that shit is gamey as fuck....

• Beans 1

Ugh...

This is such terrible decision making.    

What happened to BI doing whatever BI wanted to do?  Why cater now?  The modern day gamer should expect ghosting to happen and realize that it's not isolated to DayZ.  Trying to fix ghosting is absurd.  This is not a DayZ specific issue.  Every single title in this genre, with this environment, is subject to this sort of player behavior.    Why on earth is BI trying to solve this problem, and moreover, why try to solve the problem at the end of development?   This sort of colossal issue is something that needs to be addressed on day one of development.  This isn't something you band aid.  Don't make a game, then add mod support, then add bases because you have mod support, then half-ass fix a problem.  What a huge waste of money.

What happened to solving base ghosting by teleporting you away from a spot if you tried to log in near (a base structure)?

What happened to the solution being to play on private shards?

The stance was that any punishment would end up hurting the innocent gamer.  What happened to that?

Whatever the fuck happened to authenticity?

The solution is to do nothing!

Edited by Parazight
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

8 hours ago, Parazight said:

Whatever the fuck happened to authenticity?

It flew out there window when they ported to consoles. There is a whole New whiny entitled console race they now have playing and posting.

And those console play ages usually have a lot of "I will show you mine is bigger then yours mentality" which creates the whiny pvp crowd.

You were right @Parazight they should have done nothing with that mechanic. Now Its an even worse sollution and a sollution that again caters the pvp players. 

@aux7 B-lining to Tisy is not playing the "game" your playing a cycle. Spawn-beeline-pvp-die-repeat. 

13 hours ago, emuthreat said:

am appalled, simply appalled, at how readily some people can accept having their character randomly moved around the map via Deus Ex Machina in what was sold as a realistic open world survival simulator; because that shit is gamey as fuck....

A realistic open world survival simulator that lets you change server because it rains, becomes dark or you don't find your precious loot in a specific area? 

Come on man.... I even showed a friend of my this game when he bought it... He was shocked of the casualness of serverhopping from server to server without any consequences... 

To be honest, I'm actually surprised that so many people support public hives... Never knew that until this deplacement mechanic got added. 

25 minutes ago, McWendy said:

B-lining to Tisy is not playing the "game" your playing a cycle. Spawn-beeline-pvp-die-repeat.

true true, but its not something I really do. I gave that as an example. It all depends on where I spawn after death. But it does tend to be that I live longer if I go north

spawn west of Cherno, go west

spawn west of elektro go north then west

spawn east of elektro go east then north then west

spawn north of Solnichniy go north

Also I have never killed another player. I try to be friendly. Mostly I die (about 80% of the time)

currently I am in Electro, trying to rebuild a car .  .. . (always optimistic) I have a shotgun and two pistols  . . . and I just found an sgk with a magazine! Character is about a week (my time) old

@aux7 sorry mate didnt mean to say you do that. I Re read my post and it did implicate that. Wasnt the intention.

And yes always best to get of the beach asap seeing there are roaming parties Who prey on beach spawns. 

38 minutes ago, amadieus said:

He was shocked of the casualness of serverhopping from server to server without any consequences... 

You do know that your character is alive on the server and open to harm before you even see your character right?

I can remember seeing a you are dead screen right after relogging. Infected or campers..... my fault