ImpulZ

PS4 Server Issue and Replacement

Hello PS4 Survivors.

We are sorry to inform you that we've had an issue with five of our server machines. In consequence, we have lost 10 servers and their databases.

By now all 10 servers have been replaced with new ones, so that you can continue playing. Sadly, it will not be possible for us to restore the lost bases. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Servers that were affected by this:

DayZ EU - UK 2714 (Persistence ON)
DayZ EU - UK 2717 (Persistence ON)
DayZ EU - UK 2720 (Persistence ON)
DayZ EU - UK 2723 (Persistence ON)
DayZ EU - UK 2726 (Persistence ON)
DayZ EU - UK 2747 (Persistence ON)
DayZ EU - UK 2750 (Persistence ON)
DayZ EU - UK 2753 (Persistence ON)
DayZ EU - UK 2756 (Persistence ON)
DayZ EU - UK 2759 (Persistence ON)

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, MarczXD320 said:

I think you posted on the wrong forum Impuz, this is Xbox.

As MarczXD320 says.

ANy chance of posting it in the PS4 forums as well? I just think PS4 players may want to know also 😉

• Haha 1

Oh he speaks, just not when being asked questions. Not even maybe a ... I dont know 

this is a big fail ou lost data bases, tons of hours spend grinding into this game and now some peoplle have just quited and give up, you are still going in wrong way after all this years, damm

1 minute ago, Tiago Valadares said:

this is a big fail ou lost data bases, tons of hours spend grinding into this game and now some peoplle have just quited and give up, you are still going in wrong way after all this years, damm

Really? This game is all about losing your stuff.. Having read all the past issues and done your research before buying the game, it should have been obvious that this will happen

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 8:23 AM, Hobgobblin said:

Really? This game is all about losing your stuff.. Having read all the past issues and done your research before buying the game, it should have been obvious that this will happen

I kinda like starting over every once in awhile. The worry of dying all the time when you're geared goes away for a while and you kinda have a I dont care attitude for a few lol

Edited by TahoeBeast

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 10:44 PM, TahoeBeast said:

I dont care attitude for a few lol

So true, untill you find the first weapon or nice back pack and here it starts again...

Edited by CPUTestUnit
  • Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 8:19 AM, Tiago Valadares said:

Sounds like you never played Ark survival evolved (Good times )

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What happened to NY 2846? It's been gone for 4 days now.

I can't see an issue with taking servers down, as long as some effort is put into letting players know.

Hahaha it's funny how ppl complain about loot and severs going away.. Most severs being shut down is dew to dupping and end of the day this game has an ending u start u loot u get geard u go pvp and die the games end so stop worrying about loot go gear up head to nwaf and die then repeat all over again that's the point of the game.... 

@Markyd Yes, thats it in the end which mainly comes from the Arma focus but it´s still 3 (as far as I understood) some kind of Levels that you can archieve.

1. Geting geared and and find the obviously needed militari guns.

2. Building a base, not for defense but for storage (so focused on not being detected instead of protecting it physically as evey base that is easy to be found gets raided sooner or later (for me thats any base near a significant mark or in any building). Building this base on a spot you only are abele to find it easy allows to shortcut Level 1 when you died.

3. Getting more good loot to the base and possibly (under current Settings) build a similar base on another Server again to ensure you have solid stock für the next 10 lives. At Level 3 you are also fine tuning your livestyle (Gilli suite, car, …).

So the character is not representing Players forthcome or Level, it is the gear that does. So if you have stored good gear, your characters live is not that important, as if you wear your good gear only.

Really hope the character sticking to Servers will give the game a slightly different Focus, we will see. Thats anyway a different topic.

Edited by CPUTestUnit

So what some of you are saying is that because the game can be boiled down to obtaining loot and then being killed, it is pointless to expect to be able to work toward a goal? And then even more pointless to be upset that your hard work was ruined due to technical issues in the real world?

I'm not entirely sure any game would survive that mentality.

Take EVE online for example, it has a very similar system of building up what you have only to lose it, yet every player there expects to be able to play on the server and not have things disappear/delete.

Dayz has huge potential, please don't reduce the game to a deathmatch at nwaf. @Markyd

Official servers should be more reliable. Although I believe Dayz will always be prone to losing server database information, i do hope it will be happening far less in the future.

Edited by hsv7ltr
Speelcheck

11 hours ago, hsv7ltr said:

Dayz has huge potential,

That exactly is the reason why it made it all the way from a simple Arma mod till it finaly arrived at console.

If the issues you Name would be a game breaker, this game would be dead since more then 10 yaears.

It is there, sometimes silent in the back ground and sometimes hyped.

So as it even was not broken after the Players waited years allone to leave the beta I dont think it will break on the console now for the same reasons (said so, yes the console market is tuffer but actually there is nothing comparable out there).

Yes it sucks if you loose your loot and also I lost more weapons to bugs then to death of my character but, so what? I then tend to think, yes it is the Zombieapocalypse. My gun has no bug, it just is old and therfore not reliable anymore. This is not an excuse for BI but it helps to get over it. Also  I tend to think, yes it is the Zombie apocalypse and surviving will be tuff and I can call my self happy if any Charakter lives 10+ days (funy, as of the other Players and not the apocalyptic set up). I dont get used to my characters more to my sorounding and base but am clear I loose at least the base sooner or later.

All of that doesent matter because acutally there are onyl 2 really important Things in DayZ for me.

1. The Story I experience while I am out there.

2. The possie and People I Play with.

All of the rest is just the grind to be prepared for the "if´s" and surly this "if´s" come Always different as expected.

But every Player here should never stick to his gear or Charkter and instead to it´s possie and expected game Play (Story wise).

This is going extremely offtopic from the original server announcement. Closing the topic.

• Like 1