ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.04

27 minutes ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Check your client and server addons and compare them, sometimes Worlds_test_ce.pbo sneaks in the steam updates. Other than that verify or copy one addons to the other?

I'm playing on one of the spaggie servers. There are no mods. My client is a *fresh* install. No mods. 🙄

4 minutes ago, Maxzymator said:

I don't get it, what is even the point of experimental patches if everything that is obviously broken in them goes to stable and poisoning everyones experience? Who's rushing you? Have you finally got some sort of an internal roadmap with some deadlines or what?

^^This. They even advertised. How now you can have Stable and Experimental version at the same time! Then just a few days later we are testing Experimental branch with bunch of game breaking bugs and they go and release it to stable straight away. They say one thing and do another thing. Left hand does not know what right hand is doing. 🤡

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, aux7 said:

Reading all this, Im kinda thinking Im playing a different game to all you people . ..  was playing last night on a stable vanilla server with 1.04 on. Only real issue I had was at the start with a black screen, fixed by clearing the cfg file. The server update itself took a while though . .. .

<snip>

Yep, this is my experience too. I've played around 15-20 hours of 1.04 by now and the only issues I've noticed so far is that the hotbar has stopped working in inventory again, and that rear lights are a tad too weak on the cars. Rear (and reverse) lights also remain lit even after you've cut the headlights. I noticed cars even have brake lights now by the way, that wasn't even mentioned in the patch notes I think?

In general, the only serious issue I run into these days is the car-killing lag spikes you had an encounter with, they really need to come up with a fix for those. I never get that kind of lag-spike when running on foot, so it does seem to be a car-specific thing. If unable to eliminate the lag spikes themselves, they should just make cars stop dead in place - without damage - in case of desync. Same goes for the dancing & flying that cars do sometimes, that needs to be dealt with.

26 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Same goes for the dancing & flying that cars do sometimes, that needs to be dealt with.

I am seeing a number of dancing, flying, running through castle walls infected though . . .. one infected chased me, gave up, superman jumped up a hill and ran back to where it came from ... strange. They havent used their super powers to get me yet, so cannot really complain (other than going through the wall, that nearly got me. I wasnt expecting it, I had deliberately gone behind the wall to dodge it)

1 hour ago, hr1 said:

This is a server issue. If the administrator uses CFtools (or something similar) to automatically update server, he must manually review the configuration files in mpmissons folder, because utility incorrectly updates and leaves old versions of configuration files and does not write new ones.

1 hour ago, Leah Snow said:

I'm playing on one of the spaggie servers. There are no mods. My client is a *fresh* install. No mods. 🙄

Ok This may well be a serverside issue it seems.

19 minutes ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Ok This may well be a serverside issue it seems. 

I think this is also a problem not from the Bohemia side, it is completely on the server administrator’s side and it should put the server’s configuration files in order.

Edited by hr1

Is there a bug in the new DayZ update with barbed wire? Let me explain.

I walked up to a base that was opened by someone else before me, that had a full fence opened like a doorway. As I stepped up to it, I noticed my character started getting hit continuously by something invisible, small impact sounds not gunfire,  and having noticed there was barbed wire on the fence that was open knew it was the wire... so I ran off about 15 to 20 steps, but I continued to get hit by the small impacts where my screen went black as I heard the character hit the ground. Then I was dead.

Please know, the server had only one player on it when this happened as I had just checked before approaching the opened base, it was my character. So I know I was not fired upon from the way and sounds that occurred.

What is this new voodoo? 

I am just starting to get to the point where this game is not fun to play any longer and promote to others with these weird "occurrences" where you cannot come back due to the perma-death from "insane" situations. I've never in my life, heard that touching barbed wire and then running away from it around 20 steps,  causes immediate death !

Time to get a refund from Steam.

Edited by RuffZ

4 hours ago, RuffZ said:

I walked up to a base that was opened by someone else before me, that had a full fence opened like a doorway. As I stepped up to it, I noticed my character started getting hit continuously by something invisible, small impact sounds not gunfire,  and having noticed there was barbed wire on the fence that was open knew it was the wire... so I ran off about 15 to 20 steps, but I continued to get hit by the small impacts where my screen went black as I heard the character hit the ground. Then I was dead.

Please know, the server had only one player on it when this happened as I had just checked before approaching the opened base, it was my character. So I know I was not fired upon from the way and sounds that occurred.

What is this new voodoo? 

I am just starting to get to the point where this game is not fun to play any longer and promote to others with these weird "occurrences" where you cannot come back due to the perma-death from "insane" situations. I've never in my life, heard that touching barbed wire and then running away from it around 20 steps,  causes immediate death !

If this was an "official" server, you may want to try a "community" server instead. Some are still vanilla, some are lightly modded and others heavily modded. My server isn't having any of the issues people are describing except that bases cannot be locked. Other than that, it's basically bug free compared to official servers. Plenty of community servers to choose from out there. You should try it once.

Edited by C4-timah

It would be interesting for all those who are in trouble, talk if they are using some Mod and say the name of the server to know if it uses some modification.

For I am not going through any errors that I read here, I still have not found any vehicles to know of any bug of it, but every bug stated here, none of them occurred to me.

I think there is a lot of novice here who is playing a Bohemia game for the first time, so you should not be familiar with Mod in this game, so he may be playing the game with Mod or a modified server and think that the Bug is of the game and then come here to complain about the bug.

Bohemia can not fix a game's Bug caused by a modified server or a Mod, and any modifications you make to the game or server to use features that do not exist in the game can cause an error in the game's mechanics and thus cause bug.

DayZ is under development, so if you find a Bug, you must first test the game on Official Server and NO Use Mod and see if that Bug is repeated.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, snakeplissken said:

It would be interesting for all those who are in trouble, talk if they are using some Mod and say the name of the server to know if it uses some modification.

For I am not going through any errors that I read here, I still have not found any vehicles to know of any bug of it, but every bug stated here, none of them occurred to me.

I think there is a lot of novice here who is playing a Bohemia game for the first time, so you should not be familiar with Mod in this game, so he may be playing the game with Mod or a modified server and think that the Bug is of the game and then come here to complain about the bug.

Bohemia can not fix a game's Bug caused by a modified server or a Mod, and any modifications you make to the game or server to use features that do not exist in the game can cause an error in the game's mechanics and thus cause bug.

DayZ is under development, so if you find a Bug, you must first test the game on Official Server and NO Use Mod and see if that Bug is repeated.

Official servers is where the problem is at. My server is modded, I'm not having any of the issues that are being voiced here. However, I have played on the official servers and they're bugged as hell. Official servers have a global shard (shared database), servers like mine have a private shard and do not share database info. I don't have to worry about server hopping, or a global config/setup that has persistent issues or causes flying cars or collide issues making people die from invisible barbed wire, so on and so forth. Most people are having issues on official servers. Community servers like mine are using mods to get around all the issues and get more out of the game that currently has been lacking for some time. We still see the occasional bug, but not near as many as you will find on the global official servers sharing the same database.

8 hours ago, RuffZ said:

What is this new voodoo? 

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T141393

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, pr9inichek said:

This is exactly what occurred today to me, but even as I ran away from the area, example, I was mid-way between the barn (where the opened fence wall was) and the house but I continued to be hit by the barbed wire, as if it was stuck onto my character, until I died. Even blacked out on the ground, the character kept getting the barbed wire hits until death.  What a shame as this barbed wire is so deadly now, even if you just "touch" it, you can continue to get hit until you are dead. I died and I was 100% health as I had just eaten a can of bacon 8 min prior. Woke up on the coast, as a freshie! This is horrible.

3 hours ago, snakeplissken said:

I thought dayz was released? 😂

For those with all the lag problems: stop playing big open world games on potatoes

• Haha 3

Drop FPS after exit zoom scope (pso/acog/hunting/PU).

Will be made achivment steam, traiding card, or expected DLC Namalsk for example?

Stable?? I don't think so.

Just got this game and a few weeks later after update 1.04 my three screen setup is black screen.

Very disappointed in this purchase.

Are we going to have a proper fix to basebuilding? It's still not worth to build a base.

• Beans 1

When you say stable to what are you refering??? This game is still in Alpha... a game where you die and lost all, can't be possible to be dying by bugs ALL THE TIMES. I'm so sad with what you're are doing devs to a game like this, it's just intolerable.

• Beans 1

I'm excited that you DEVS are hard at work, improving this title. All these subtle additions bring the immersion to a place that no other titles have done. Thank you for your dedication and the long hours of bringing this game to a as close to life experience as possible. You guys/gals rock!

• Beans 1

8 hours ago, savedbygrace said:

I'm excited that you DEVS are hard at work, improving this title. All these subtle additions bring the immersion to a place that no other titles have done. Thank you for your dedication and the long hours of bringing this game to a as close to life experience as possible. You guys/gals rock!

You forgot to add the "Sarcasm" emoticon! 

• Haha 1

Did anyone else got the feel that dead infected stay around longer than before? While playing on a vanilla community server I visited two small places (3-4 houses) and saw dead infected around, but no player to be seen.

I am currently playing mainly a character on an official vanilla server, this is my main character.

If I want to join a community server, and play a new fresh character for lets say a few days, if I then choose to go back to my main character above, will I spawn on the coast since I played on the community one?

Just now, RuffZ said:

I am currently playing mainly a character on an official vanilla server, this is my main character.

If I want to join a community server, and play a new fresh character for lets say a few days, if I then choose to go back to my main character above, will I spawn on the coast since I played on the community one?

This is not supposed to happen, no. But I have heard stories of simply switching servers (without hopping) being enough for a spawn near the coast. This is not intended as far as I'm aware, but it can happen. So I'd advise staying on a single server.

Damn! What if I go to a 1PP vs a 3PP server? Same issue, or will it know that I was not trying to server hop? Im starting to think it might be smart to just wait until they fix it.

25 minutes ago, RuffZ said:

19 minutes ago, RuffZ said:

Damn! What if I go to a 1PP vs a 3PP server? Same issue, or will it know that I was not trying to server hop? Im starting to think it might be smart to just wait until they fix it.

the server hopping fix should only apply to the official servers. you should be ok starting a new character on a community (1pp or 3PP server) and then at some point going back to the official.

I have three community characters, one exp character, and one official character . .. . no probs so far (famous last words)

Seriously, the "server hopping fix" is a joke - I have played a few hours last night on an official public 1pp server, geared up, moved inland..then today as I want to continue, I notice the server I played on last night is almost empty so I switch to a high pop one thinking with 24 hours passed since the logoff I will probably not teleport to..oh wait.. back at the coast..... 

That really baffles me, if the fix is not working correctly then don't release it yet - unless you want to kill the public official servers altogether..

Sure I can play on community servers, but the few vanilla 1pp ones available always have quite the ridiculous queue.. so public official should be always an option. Changing to a different server after 24 hours ism not server hopping - that's why I play public sometimes, to be able to always move to a high pop server or even to one that has pingwise a middle ground for me and people I play with over in other parts of the world.. Don't kill public official with stupid decisions like that.

On top of that I am being plagued by some most irritating main menu bugs: black screen upon launch with AA enabled, main menu screen or server browser still showing after I joined the server making it impossible to play,  connect button in server browser not working after leaving the server queue until restart of the game.. It's like the game is actively hindering me to play unless I use the 3rd party launcher or connect to the server via start parameters.. 

And I am not even talking about the crashes or TrackIR either twitching or locking-up every 2 mins.. *sigh.. I am honestly quite annoyed.

• Beans 1