Sign in to follow this  
Joma126

It would be soo very considerate and kind to advise WHEN 1.04 will go to stable !!!

Well, they've released three versions of 1.04 so far and some of the bugs they said were fixed are still there, so they've got some bug-squashing yet to do with this patch before we go to stable.

If you look at 1.02 -- it first went to Exp on March 25 and went to stable on April 3.  1.03 first went to Exp on May 10 and went to stable on May 27.  If this pattern continues, it'll probably be sometime in early July before it goes to stable, but in reality, it'll go only when it's ready to go and it's clearly not quite ready yet.  I think it's hard for them to advise when it'll be stable when they don't know for sure themselves.

With any luck, we'll get another exp patch either Wednesday and/or Thursday and if it solves most of the current issues in this patch, perhaps we luck out a get a stable update on Friday.  I wouldn't bet on it though -- I'd bet next week sometime.

• Beans 1

Personally I think it’s close. The menu overlay bug is the only major one I can see now. When that’s fixed it’ll be ready. 20 minute smoke grenades, I can live with. Although maybe the servers can’t. Seems to be a few crashes too, but that’s typical for expy, right?

Is it just me or is at re-occurring theme that the bugs are fixed in experimental, then another update to the exp version happens and the fixed bugs are back?  what is causing this, are versions being rolled back by accident?

1 hour ago, TheRealLeetbus said:

Is it just me or is at re-occurring theme that the bugs are fixed in experimental, then another update to the exp version happens and the fixed bugs are back?  what is causing this, are versions being rolled back by accident?

Well, I've been called a fanboy and a cheerleader on here, but I'm not against criticizing as well and I really don't understand how we can be three iterations of 1.04 in at this point and there are still "menu showing in-game" issues.  It kind of makes you wonder if anyone at Bohemia is actually playing the game as a test before posting a patch -- certainly doesn't seem like it, otherwise you'd think they'd have noticed that issue and fixed it before posting 1.04 in the first place.

So yeah, it's not just you.

8 hours ago, drgullen said:

Well, they've released three versions of 1.04 so far and some of the bugs they said were fixed are still there, so they've got some bug-squashing yet to do with this patch before we go to stable.

If you look at 1.02 -- it first went to Exp on March 25 and went to stable on April 3.  1.03 first went to Exp on May 10 and went to stable on May 27.  If this pattern continues, it'll probably be sometime in early July before it goes to stable, but in reality, it'll go only when it's ready to go and it's clearly not quite ready yet.  I think it's hard for them to advise when it'll be stable when they don't know for sure themselves.

With any luck, we'll get another exp patch either Wednesday and/or Thursday and if it solves most of the current issues in this patch, perhaps we luck out a get a stable update on Friday.  I wouldn't bet on it though -- I'd bet next week sometime.

1.01 EXP mon 4 Feb                    stable thurs 21 Feb

1.02 EXP tues 26 Mar                 stable weds 3 April

1.03 EXP fri 10 May,                   stable Weds 15 May,  with various other small fixes until 6 June.

1.04 EXP fri 21 June, so for me a stable version of 1.04 would be due soon, if not now.

I personally would have tried to time the stable release for the server maintenance every wednesday . ... The exp release for the weekend makes sense

1.05 EXP for Aug 2?

Their process has been speeding up . . .

Its in their interest to get Xbox and PS4 to  a good level soon. .

The Scarlett and PS5 hardware release next year  (Oct to Dec 2020) will be really transformative for the games consoles though

4 hours ago, drgullen said:

Well, I've been called a fanboy and a cheerleader on here, but I'm not against criticizing as well and I really don't understand how we can be three iterations of 1.04 in at this point and there are still "menu showing in-game" issues.  It kind of makes you wonder if anyone at Bohemia is actually playing the game as a test before posting a patch -- certainly doesn't seem like it, otherwise you'd think they'd have noticed that issue and fixed it before posting 1.04 in the first place.

So yeah, it's not just you.

I guess the fix is a hard one. The bug was ‘assigned’ on Monday morning, so may just take a few days. I doubt the devs run into it that often because of how the bug occurs. After server restarts usually.

3 hours ago, ThePugman said:

I guess the fix is a hard one. The bug was ‘assigned’ on Monday morning, so may just take a few days. I doubt the devs run into it that often because of how the bug occurs. After server restarts usually.

looks like 1.04 is dropping now to stable (from twitter)

7 hours ago, ThePugman said:

Fair enough, but my point is we've had issues in the past where a new patch produces unexpected glitches in similar situations regarding the menu or appearance of the game -- you would think testing how the game reacts after a server crash/restart would be a standard test prior to releasing a patch at this point, but apparently not.

• Beans 1

19 hours ago, drgullen said:

...or they'll just say fuck it and push it to stable with these issues still present.

Why the hell even have an Experimental branch if this is the way you're going to do business?  I don't get it -- the lack of QA going on here is baffling to me.

Yeah, since the game is 1.0 and beyond and no longer early access, it should not be up to us players to do  all of the testing, or it is simply still in early access.. at least in the stable patches, experimental is different

Edited by TheRealLeetbus

For me the latest update has every zombie stuck/clipping. Could be a fence, could be a tree, one time it was inside a house even I couldn't get inside!

Edit: I see a 16.7Mb patch is imminent. I presume that is the reason.

Edit 2: Patch applied, seems to have unstuck the ones out in the open. Still have ones stuck in walls.

Edited by rickyriot