Shakis

Vehicle Questions

I feel I should put a [Serious] tag on this. I'm aware that they can be a death trap.

I read somewhere that there are only 3 vehicles on the map, is this true?

If they are this rare, are there any tips to finding one or should I just server hop checking several spawn points on each server?

3 TYPES of cars not how many there are in the map.

• Ada 4x4
  • Olga
  • Gunter 2

😉

Ah! That makes way more sense. I thought that 3 cars for a whole map was a little rare!

57 minutes ago, Shakis said:

Ah! That makes way more sense. I thought that 3 cars for a whole map was a little rare!

Yeah. but you are right in your first post about them being a death trap!

Not only when driving, but as a large moving target making lots of noise in an otherwise empty landscape makes you the anti "where's wally"* as every c'nt can see where you are!

* before people start saying, `it's waldo, it's "where's waldo?"` the character was created by a Brit and called it Wally. Apparently American's weren't trusted enough to understand Wally is short for Wallace and changed it to Waldo for our cousins "across the pond".

So a friend and I managed to cobble together an ADA. We drove the length of a road, the check engine light came on then it stopped altogether.

I assume we did not put enough water in the radiator.

I went to meet up with Friend 2 while Friend 1 ran back and forth filling the radiator using a well and 2 bottles.

On his 5th or so trip back to the car it was gone. We had taken the battery, sparkplug and 2 wheels off the car.

What is likely to have happened? - Did the car just vanish or launch into orbit; did someone steal it or did something else happen?

There were no restarts between us putting the car together and it vanishing.

2 hours ago, Shakis said:

So a friend and I managed to cobble together an ADA. We drove the length of a road, the check engine light came on then it stopped altogether.

I assume we did not put enough water in the radiator.

I went to meet up with Friend 2 while Friend 1 ran back and forth filling the radiator using a well and 2 bottles.

On his 5th or so trip back to the car it was gone. We had taken the battery, sparkplug and 2 wheels off the car.

What is likely to have happened? - Did the car just vanish or launch into orbit; did someone steal it or did something else happen?

There were no restarts between us putting the car together and it vanishing.

No, unfortunately the engine got RUINED and ruined items get despawned within 5 minutes I believe, though I think this should be changed for cars since it still looks cool and can be an indicator for other players, that someone was there. If the radiator isn't completely filled up, the engine overheats. The overheating is also indicated by the smoke coming from the engine parts. Next time fill up the radiator completely and you should be fine. I'm very sorry for the loss...I know the feels ;(

Edited by 0.64 Freerider
  • Beans 1

Is it true that if server has over 30 people online, then cars starts killing everybody ? 😄

3 hours ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

If the radiator isn't completely filled up, the engine overheats.

if ( IsVitalRadiator() )
{
if ( GetFluidFraction( CarFluid.COOLANT ) < 0.5 && GetFluidFraction( CarFluid.COOLANT ) >= 0 )
{
dmg = ( 1 - GetFluidFraction(CarFluid.COOLANT) ) * Math.RandomFloat( 0.02, 10.00 ); 
AddHealth( "Engine", "Health", -dmg );
}
}

water under 50% = engine gets damaged
water over 50% = no damage to the engine
a.k.a very complex car fluids mechanic (/sarcasm)

1 hour ago, TheSzepy said:

if ( IsVitalRadiator() )
{
if ( GetFluidFraction( CarFluid.COOLANT ) < 0.5 && GetFluidFraction( CarFluid.COOLANT ) >= 0 )
{
dmg = ( 1 - GetFluidFraction(CarFluid.COOLANT) ) * Math.RandomFloat( 0.02, 10.00 ); 
AddHealth( "Engine", "Health", -dmg );
}
}

water under 50% = engine gets damaged
water over 50% = no damage to the engine
a.k.a very complex car fluids mechanic (/sarcasm)

😄 Ah interesting, I didn't know. I don't understand code too well, but doesn't this mean, that you get less damage when you have more than 50% but still get damage?

3 hours ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

😄 Ah interesting, I didn't know. I don't understand code too well, but doesn't this mean, that you get less damage when you have more than 50% but still get damage?

no, you get engine damage only when your waterlevel is under 50%, anything over means no damage to the engine

1 hour ago, TheSzepy said:

no, you get engine damage only when your waterlevel is under 50%, anything over means no damage to the engine

Well, then thanks once again, that's good to know. Unfortunately I won't be touching cars anytime soon, because the feature is completely gamebreaking broken. Why? They despawn. Don't believe me? Experience the frustration for yourself then. The issue has also been confirmed and assigned by the devs for 36 days now. Since it's THE endgame goal for me personally, I can hardly motivate myself to play, despite the fact that other than that, the black screen issue and the hud overlay issue, this patch is absolutely AMAZING. ;(

The Ticket: T139497

Edited by 0.64 Freerider
  • Beans 1