ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.04.151974

3 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

@chambersenator 90 seconds? Wow, that’s not long at all. A few minutes would be better.

90 seconds is actually quite good compared to their IRL versions. The M18's actual duration is 50-90 seconds, and it looks like the RDG-2 is only 45 seconds IRL. 

How about fixing (finally) that black screen when hitting right mouse click? Yesterday it heapen with m4 and RVN sight. 

Tried removing sight, helmet, changing sight.. 

It's only with one gun. Pistol and AK worked fine. 

Only thing that works for me/fix it is reenter server. 

Dear developers, will there be a sight for NATO weapons? Analog 1PN51.

12 minutes ago, wiino84 said:

How about fixing (finally) that black screen when hitting right mouse click? Yesterday it heapen with m4 and RVN sight. 

Is this issue reproducible (doesn't happen to me) and reported on the feedback tracker?

Hi all

If i delete dynamic objects in class destructor, and server correctly shutdown, objects not deletes from database and after next start placed on the map... How to fix?

6 hours ago, doctorv93 said:

I would not like this all they need to do is make it so that you spawn 50 to 100m from where you logged of if they do what you said it would kill the normal dayz servers and we would all be forced to play on modded

Why would it "kill" normal servers? Why are people so hung up on being able to server hop at all? Best thing to do would be to simply remove the hive system and have one character per server, it's not like we have any character progression beyond gear anyway - and we're always just a bullet away from respawning at the coast. Hive system creates a bunch of issues for very little gain.

However, if they insist on keeping the hive and server hopping, the system really should not dump geared characters on the coast. We've seen already how that is not a good idea. So displacing the character 1-2 km in a random direction from the original position should be enough, with some logic to it to avoid people spawning on the roofs of buildings, close to other players or inside bases. Less than one km would be no good, it would not take care of server hopping for loot.

• Beans 2

I presume the new spawn system only affects moving from one server to another? 

I mean, how many times do players have to perform a quick relog, in order to correct a glitch (for instance, ammo round font staying on screen which prevents you performing other actions)

Please tell me it doesn’t affect relogging into the same server?

28 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

I presume the new spawn system only affects moving from one server to another? 

I mean, how many times do players have to perform a quick relog, in order to correct a glitch (for instance, ammo round font staying on screen which prevents you performing other actions)

Please tell me it doesn’t affect relogging into the same server?

Nope, only when you change servers.

14 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Nope, only when you change servers.

I got a character lock in database, when I tried to correct a glitch too fast .. . . .

9 minutes ago, aux7 said:

I got a character lock in database, when I tried to correct a glitch too fast .. . . .

Not on experimental I hope, they said the database locks had been removed with the new system...

2 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Not on experimental I hope, they said the database locks had been removed with the new system...

I havent tried it since, so I dont know, was on 1.03 .. . ..  . . . didnt fancy being locked out again . ..

Oh yes, another possible - and for game balance reasons unacceptable - exploit with the system as it is currently implemented on experimental is server hopping as a form of travel. Say I've been gearing in Tisy and want to go to the coast and shoot bambis - just server hop once (or twice if I want to hop back to server #1) and the hunt is on in a couple of minutes, instead of having to cross the map by ordinary means.

This on its own should be reason enough to rethink how the "hop" spawns are located. The anti-ghosting mechanic could otherwise very well become the Griefer Highway...

Edited by Derleth

11 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Just drop all server hoppers in the Ghost Lake near Berezhiki.  Problem solved.

Ghost Lake near Berezhiki?

how about drop them all into the quarry . ..  .

Or into the sea, five minutes swim from Cherno

Or just into the sea and they have to navigate back . ..  .. or debug island .. .

Edited by aux7
  • Like 1

or there is that underground chamber in the south east corner of Troitskoe military base . .  .. drop em in there . .. .

2 hours ago, aux7 said:

Ghost Lake near Berezhiki?

how about drop them all into the quarry . ..  .

Or into the sea, five minutes swim from Cherno

Or just into the sea and they have to navigate back . ..  .. or debug island .. .

Like sea idea 💡 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, wiino84 said:

It was in 1.03 aswel. Happens if you have a gun in a pouch in storage. Drag the pouch on, and than use the hotbar keys to put the gun in the hands. Thsn it happens. Solved by just draging the gun on the floor and in the pouch again.

22 hours ago, Asmondian said:

Are you reconsidering some tweaks to the system used to mitigate server hopping since 1.04.151959 EXP Update?

• How it currently work? If you log out in "public server A" and then join "public server B", you would now spawn with all your gear but in one coastal spawn.
  • What could be the problems with this? You are going to fill the coast with full gear guys that are going to destroy the freshies over and over or use this as an exploit to meet with their fresh spawn friends and give them gear, affecting the main objective that people had to move inland.

I mean, just yesterday, testing the experimental server with a friend, he died in the NWAF and then I killed their attackers. I took all their gear and the one from my friend in a huge Alice backpack full of stuff plus like 4 weapons on me and jump into a different server. Got a Balota spawn. Then I jumped back to the original server (more populated one, to keep playing). Got a west Cherno spawn. My friend was full gear again in less than 10 minutes. We didn't feel like going back to the NWAF because clearly we already had more than we needed, so we started doing some random pvp at Cherno, Balota, Elektro.

I think the cost / benefit of this system is too high IMO. I don't see why you just can't lock the servers once and for all and forget about the hive system.

This is awesome, keep it in devs. Great job! 👍