Acids House

Real talk..

The game in the state it's in just sucks. I love dayZ but this game is just a joke. Especially for the price tag these guys attached to it. Those who are waiting for the things that almost make this game unplayable to be fixed, are kidding themselves. This game has had the same exploits since the PC mod. Zombies still glitch through walls. Vehicles randomly kill you for no good reason other than you were stupid enough to get in one. The loot is constantly glitching in tents, in barrels, on the ground. We constantly have to wait for server reset to retrieve things from tents. Constantly have to log to fix spider arm glitches. 2 head glitches. Damn meatball glitches always happening to one of us for whatever reason. The game net code is trash and pvp is impossible alot of times because the servers lag so hard.

After putting over 2000 hours on PC and then playing since release on console I think I'm out. I had some fun most recently with some buddies on console that always wished they could play dayz and now I'm putting this bitch to bed. Hopefully someday someone comes out with an actual true to life survival sim in the same vein as Dayz and does it right. Thanks for all the good times going all the way back to the Rocket days.

• Like 3

I have wanted to play this game for so long. But yea it is pretty damn trash. I literally can not argue a single point of your post

• Like 2

Kjc what are you some forum try hard. Everything he's stated is true. Some of us are just dumber than others with all the wishful thinking. 

They just released a hot fix that they say was unintentional, that also broke other parts of the game. I'm so close to uninstalling this game myself.

This next update/s is make or break it for me. It's a two in one update and if they are unable to fix the issues so be it. I'll wait for dead matter to be released.

I'll also point anyone looking into this game far far away because the devs either don't care or just unable to and unwilling to hire anyone who can. 

Edited by Flyingpapaya
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

If you are burned, you can still play at Project Zomboid who is THE zombie survival post apo game. However you should wait for the next update in my opinion 😉

Im not that happy as well, but i experienced myself much better fps, less or no dupers at all ( couldn't tell, if players had duped stuff, but all the camps i found were empty ( wanted to destroy them myself, but that was maybe just a false conclusion by me ). Leaning left and right is better too now, if u get used to it.

We will see how it turns out.

The next update looks promising, except the smoke right now and could use a buff in size ( thickness of the smoke)

2 hours ago, xhardcorefishx said:

Leaning left and right is better too now, if u get used to it.

I'd like to know how exactly? Are you using claw grip? How can a double click be better? 3rd person or 1st?

Hey BI here's a suggestion: make lean toggle and put it in sticks, RS/LS. I guarantee you it will suit all players, not all play claw and can lean and shoot at the same time. Or better yet bring the mnk support already.

Edited by nikoor

1 hour ago, Flyingpapaya said:

I think it's like double tap

yes, how can double tap be better than just one? just like the zooming, before you could zoom in and out with 1 press and now it takes 4... 

Best they could do is to implement custom controls and it ain't that hard if you know coding, hell I'd do it for free if I had the time like I did in winter.

6 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

If you are burned, you can still play at Project Zomboid who is THE zombie survival post apo game. However you should wait for the next update in my opinion 😉

I plan on checking out the update. I like DayZ. Always have. I just dont know if I'm going to continue supporting something that should have been fixed and polished by now. Not to mention the lack of attention to the exploits plaguing both consoles. Got me like 🤔🤔🤔

• Like 3

Dude I feel your pain . At the min it’s a mess , Personally I’m giving it a break for 6 months. I’m apprehensive for 1.04 on console . There’s a lot of content being added ( which is great ) however we all know the M.O . One step forward 2 steps back . There is gunna be issues with the update , to think otherwise would be naive . Pertaining to this game I’ve lowered my standards and expectations considerably, And thus I am never disappointed .

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, nikoor said:

I'd like to know how exactly? Are you using claw grip? How can a double click be better? 3rd person or 1st?

Hey BI here's a suggestion: make lean toggle and put it in sticks, RS/LS. I guarantee you it will suit all players, not all play claw and can lean and shoot at the same time. Or better yet bring the mnk support already.

I cannot use the current lean mechanic at all. Man, I'd be happy with just a shoulder swap button!

2 hours ago, EvilWaterman said:

I cannot use the current lean mechanic at all. Man, I'd be happy with just a shoulder swap button!

We used to have a 3rd person shoulder swap function back on .63, not sure why they removed it, was very useful.

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, Nayte said:

We used to have a 3rd person shoulder swap function back on .63, not sure why they removed it, was very useful.

Isn't it still there? I play only 1st person but the controls suggest that the 1st press of a bumber swaps shoulders and the second does the leaning.

Why would you need to swap shoulders in 1st person, BI? 

8 hours ago, Nayte said:

Its still there, you have to be laying down in order to activate it.😂😂.

21 hours ago, Flyingpapaya said:

Kjc what are you some forum try hard. Everything he's stated is true. Some of us are just dumber than others with all the wishful thinking. 

They just released a hot fix that they say was unintentional, that also broke other parts of the game. I'm so close to uninstalling this game myself.

This next update/s is make or break it for me. It's a two in one update and if they are unable to fix the issues so be it. I'll wait for dead matter to be released.

I'll also point anyone looking into this game far far away because the devs either don't care or just unable to and unwilling to hire anyone who can. 

No but i have been going through the Struggle with all of you guys as well. Yes what he said is true. Yes the devs dont listen to us as much as they should. Yes the game is was an will most likely stay in a bad condition untill the devs start listening an get more console people helping build the game. No im not going to give up this game untill the dev give up. I have played alot of alphas where devs dont listen to the community and the games are still horrible after release but i still haven't gave up on those games because for the devs, its their pride and joy. Their baby if you will. Yea Dayz has a YUGH list of bugs the size of trumps wall but really how many of you put it in as a ticket compared to bitching about on the forums. Going into small details about a bug on the forums not going to get their attention nor making know bugs more know by making post after post about it. Yes they know about duping, meatballing, god tents, building in the air all that. Use complaining about it 24/7 aint going to get it fixed any faster . You guys wants them to keep you up to date with everything they doing if they do that how can they be working on the game. Plus with this games rep im sure with the next big real update,  most of you that talking about leaving is going to either get on here cry bout their new broken update an threaten to leave, or just get on and bitch how shitty the game an how broken everything is and still play even though you dont like it. If you wanna stop playing, stop, go uninstall now. Doubt it will hurt the devs feelings. You already gave em your money.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Its still there, you have to be laying down in order to activate it.😂😂.

You can also swap shoulder when you aim down sights

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, nikoor said:

yes, how can double tap be better than just one? just like the zooming, before you could zoom in and out with 1 press and now it takes 4... 

Best they could do is to implement custom controls and it ain't that hard if you know coding, hell I'd do it for free if I had the time like I did in winter.

Sure lol.

7 hours ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Plus with this games rep im sure with the next big real update,  most of you that talking about leaving is going to either get on here cry bout their new broken update an threaten to leave, or just get on and bitch how shitty the game an how broken everything is and still play even though you dont like it. If you wanna stop playing, stop, go uninstall now. Doubt it will hurt the devs feelings. You already gave em your money.

Wise words.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Jonas Levin said:

Sure lol.

You bet. Got a degree on ITC but it's been more of a hobby. Back then coding/software development was the best thing ever. Now I rather sweat than sit in front of a pc.

DayZ is a one hell of a game, all time favourite but I'm not enjoying it due to weird control mapping, things could be done so much more fluid which is why I'm saving up for a pc to get the full potential, also from other games which just does not work on consoles. For me it's all about the ease of playing and overall perfromance.

Edited by nikoor
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, nikoor said:

You bet. Got a degree on ITC but it's been more of a hobby. Back then coding/software development was the best thing ever. Now I rather sweat than sit in front of a pc.

DayZ is a one hell of a game, all time favourite but I'm not enjoying it due to weird control mapping, things could be done so much more fluid which is why I'm saving up for a pc to get the full potential, also from other games which just does not work on consoles. For me it's all about the ease of playing and overall perfromance.

I’m with you dude , pc seems to be a much more enjoyable experience tbh. I could be wrong , however at the min it’s a battle of attrition , trying to convince the wife to let me fork out fifteen hundred quid to play one game . Gunna have to sling some serious dick to pull this one off !!!!

3 hours ago, bearjew1101 said:

I’m with you dude , pc seems to be a much more enjoyable experience tbh. I could be wrong , however at the min it’s a battle of attrition , trying to convince the wife to let me fork out fifteen hundred quid to play one game . Gunna have to sling some serious dick to pull this one off !!!!

I'm the kinda person who gets frustrated (irl too) as things are not working or does not go as intended which again has cost me a ton. I like dayz and if that's what it takes then be it, another problem solved, easy life. Bread comes first tho. Good luck with the missis!

• Thanks 1

On 6/25/2019 at 2:39 PM, EvilWaterman said:

There is a shoulder swap button... it’s the same as the lean LB or RB. With this update we can only lean in the direction our shoulder camera is on. For instance, if shoulder camera is right — to lean right just hold RB and you’ll lean right; however, to lean left you have to first tap LB to shoulder swap camera then, hold LB once swapped to lean.

It makes sense, but also is really annoying— I’m used to it now but it’s easy to forget which shoulder your 3rd person camera is on while playing 1st person. IMO, 3rd person should stay how it is but 1st person should just allow holding RB or LB a single time to lean.

15 hours ago, RussianReavers said:

IMO, 3rd person should stay how it is but 1st person should just allow holding RB or LB a single time to lean.

this!

38 minutes ago, Flyingpapaya said:

Should be joystick click like pubg

this too!