ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.04.151959

Hello Survivors,

we have a new Experimental Update going live, including some hotfixes and minor additions. We are aware of several still existing issues and looking into them, but let us still know of all bugs you encounter!

Patchnotes

NOTES

• It is highly recommended to use the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data and control issues after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q.DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

GAME

ADDED

• Added: Stamina is depleted if a player is hit by Flashbang
  • Added: Player can hear his voice when talking to megaphone, PAS (when receiver is nearby) or transmitter (when more than one on the same frequency nearby)

FIXED

• Fixed: Infinite reloading animation (T141275)
  • Fixed: Corrected material on rear lights of Olga
  • Fixed: Corrected left headlight position on Gunter 2
  • Fixed: Incorrect rotation of the remaining headlight of a car when one was detached
  • Fixed: Character did not always react to player pressing 'C' to stand up from crouch (T141161)
  • Fixed: Infected attacked players inside closed Gunter
  • Fixed: Combination locks couldn't be opened upon server restart

TWEAKED

• Changed: Car's rear lights do not shine any more if no headlight bulbs are attached, which supports stealth play
  • Tweaked: Tail lights on cars shine only if the headlights are on, not always any more while the engine was running
  • Tweaked: character position is changed after a server change to mitigate server hopping

MODDING

• Fixed: Corrected function GetHiddenSelectionsMaterials() to return materials, not textures
  • Fixed: MakeDirectory() script function not working
  • Like 8
  • Beans 4

"Fixed: Gate locks could be opened upon server restart"

Did you mean 'couldn't be opened on server restart?

The problem with the locks is they become unusable after the server restarts, their combination stops working. 

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

Hello Survivors,

we have a new Experimental Update going live, including some hotfixes and minor additions. We are aware of several still existing issues and looking into them, but let us still know of all bugs you encounter!

Patchnotes

NOTES

• It is highly recommended to use the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data and control issues after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q.DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

GAME

ADDED

• Added: Stamina is depleted if a player is hit by Flashbang
  • Added: Player can hear his voice when talking to megaphone, PAS (when receiver is nearby) or transmitter (when more than one on the same frequency nearby)

FIXED

• Fixed: Infinite reloading animation (T141275)
  • Fixed: Corrected material on rear lights of Olga
  • Fixed: Corrected left headlight position on Gunter 2
  • Fixed: Incorrect rotation of the remaining headlight of a car when one was detached
  • Fixed: Character did not always react to player pressing 'C' to stand up from crouch (T141161)
  • Fixed: Infected attacked players inside closed Gunter
  • Fixed: Gate locks could be opened upon server restart

TWEAKED

• Changed: Car's rear lights do not shine any more if no headlight bulbs are attached, which supports stealth play
  • Tweaked: Tail lights on cars shine only if the headlights are on, not always any more while the engine was running
  • Tweaked: character position is changed after a server change to mitigate server hopping

MODDING

• Fixed: Corrected function GetHiddenSelectionsMaterials() to return materials, not textures
  • Fixed: MakeDirectory() script function not working

Great job, please keep up this awesome pace, you're doing great and crushing da bugs!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Tim Keyes said:

"Fixed: Gate locks could be opened upon server restart"

Did you mean 'couldn't be opened on server restart?

The problem with the locks is they become unusable after the server restarts, their combination stops working. 

Tim, I just saw your post regarding the locks in the other thread but I couldn't reply. The Codelock mod is under it's own class I believe. It just has a UI pop up and you enter the code. It works really well, and should hopefully help cover for the time being until the devs fix the vanilla locks.

7 minutes ago, JohnnyBravo2014 said:

Tim, I just saw your post regarding the locks in the other thread but I couldn't reply. The Codelock mod is under it's own class I believe. It just has a UI pop up and you enter the code. It works really well, and should hopefully help cover for the time being until the devs fix the vanilla locks.

Our server admin is not willing to add that mod, and wants the actual root issue fixed instead.  Which is probably the best choice.

"Tweaked: character position is changed after a server change to mitigate server hopping" I don't understand how this will help (correct me if I'm wrong). If a player logs out at a mili base, hopping from server to server, changing their position won't do anything considering they're just gonna loot that same mili base? 

Also, I hope you guys are fixing the car despawn issue. Cars are a goldmine, until of course the server restarts and everything inside your movable storage gets despawned & so does the car. 

I also hope that glitch that causes your items to fall off your person after you click on  them in your inventory is being looked at, been a problem since 1.00 release. Logging out and logging back in doesn't fix this either, hard to recreate when it happens randomly.

I can't get an experimental thread to download ..😯
When choosing exp, no download ...

ECQiZwL.gif

24 minutes ago, RiMMSKY said:

I can't get an experimental thread to download ..😯
When choosing exp, no download ...

ECQiZwL.gif

Experimental is a separate application in the Steam catalogue now, you can install it parallel to the primary (stable) game. No need to change branches.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, justice5150 said:

. I also hope that glitch that causes your items to fall off your person after you click on  them in your inventory is being looked at, been a problem since 1.00 release. Logging out and logging back in doesn't fix this either, hard to recreate when it happens randomly.

This has never happened to me once, can you specify the circumstances?

4 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Experimental теперь является отдельным приложением в каталоге Steam, вы можете установить его параллельно основной (стабильной) игре. Не нужно менять ветки.

Thank, friend!

• Like 1

Damn, some really nice stuff happening with this game now. I like the menu music. It's a start. Throwing works kinda... items still dissapear in to the ground sometimes. But atleast they got physics now. You can still get them from tab menu. If you find the place where item landed. Oh and infected with gear. Nice, now you can "ring the dinner bell" and gear comes to you. 🙂 Game is not all about despawning cars and problems with lock codes... pff both things that about 10% of the player base uses. Not that it isn't nice to have them fixed. But there's hundreds of posts about locks and cars. So many nice little details around the game that often gets no attention at all.

rQx3y3e.jpg

• Beans 2

11 minutes ago, Seitan said:

Damn, some really nice stuff happening with this game now. I like the menu music. It's a start. Throwing works kinda... items still dissapear in to the ground sometimes. But atleast they got physics now. You can still get them from tab menu. If you find the place where item landed. Oh and infected with gear. Nice, now you can "ring the dinner bell" and gear comes to you. 🙂 Game is not all about despawning cars and problems with lock codes... pff both things that about 10% of the player base uses. Not that it isn't nice to have them fixed. But there's hundreds of posts about locks and cars. So many nice little details around the game that often gets no attention at all.

For those of us with thousands of hours, that has been here from the start, the code locks and vehicles are important. 

Yes, those little details are a nice comeback, but let's not forget that we had access to those a few years ago, and the major changes/switches of the player controller, engine and scripts removed those assets/mechanics from the game. They are back, ok, it's cool.

But vehicles and code locks worked great in 1.02 and I had completely fixed and used about 15 vehicles. I don't build bases, but the community servers I play on all make use of them, and are a priority for them. Using mods is an alternative, not a fix.

• Like 3
  • Beans 1

7 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

For those of us with thousands of hours, that has been here from the start, the code locks and vehicles are important. 

Yes, those little details are a nice comeback, but let's not forget that we had access to those a few years ago, and the major changes/switches of the player controller, engine and scripts removed those assets/mechanics from the game. They are back, ok, it's cool.

But vehicles and code locks worked great in 1.02 and I had completely fixed and used about 15 vehicles. I don't build bases, but the community servers I play on all make use of them, and are a priority for them. Using mods is an alternative, not a fix.

Absolutely and well said.  We LOVE new things.  Even though most of the new things aren't really new, all the grenades and smoke and such once existed and were then gone.

But actually 'new' things, like locks, that are introduced, work, then don't work any more, hurt many community servers a lot.

• Beans 2

Quick question. I've seen a few posts about the server menu still appearing when in-game, and personally it's the menu itself. 

Any way to get rid of it??

F1B9DE99BC865AEB40C4967165E6243383C583F8

edit: It's the server menu too, simply go to it to select the server instead of hitting "play".
88F83911495FFEAC420E9EC4521847FFFBC2953D

Edited by odin_lowe
adding details
  • Thanks 1

I found this---------------------}  

Edited by polini
  • Thanks 2

"Tweaked: character position is changed after a server change to mitigate server hopping"

Is it just me or is this the first fix that might finally make base building on official a thing?

7 hours ago, iSudo said:

"Tweaked: character position is changed after a server change to mitigate server hopping"

Is it just me or is this the first fix that might finally make base building on official a thing?

That would be its primary purpose, yes. That and to combat server hopping at military bases for loot. It is an okay compromise. You can still change server if you really want to, but ghosting and loot hopping will be impossible. Good change.

Edit: Hopefully there will be some logic to where the player randomly spawns to avoid fully geared people to spawn on top of unsuspecting players who just happen to be at a spawn site. Personally I would have preferred them to just remove the hive system and be done with it. People being teleported around randomly will inevitably create some issues on its own.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, justice5150 said:

"Tweaked: character position is changed after a server change to mitigate server hopping" I don't understand how this will help (correct me if I'm wrong). If a player logs out at a mili base, hopping from server to server, changing their position won't do anything considering they're just gonna loot that same mili base?.

Sure but it will take more time. Besides Its mostly to stop ghosting into bases. 

That tweak has been needed since the start of the SA, so nice work BI took you 6 years!! *sarcasm* 

• Like 1

Yesterday, we decided to play with a friend on an experimental one and enjoyed it a lot. Loved the damage system, the old DayZ. I hope it will always be now.

when we can see fishing back in game?

Can you allow for natural human night vision after a period of adjustment?  i.e. navigating by star-light/moonlight?  Also, this is reset anytime a light, flare, NVG, torch, etc. is used.

small desynchronization before reboot of the server