RanCove

more military grade vehicles

a variety of military grade vehicles with some options to mount weapons, such as the M249. Such vehices as the URAL with the top hatch open for firing opportunity and a more armord one such as the BrDm2. And option to add armor to lower tier cars with metal panels

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RanCove said:

a variety of military grade vehicles with some options to mount weapons, such as the M249. Such vehices as the URAL with the top hatch open for firing opportunity and a more armord one such as the BrDm2. And option to add armor to lower tier cars with metal panels

I'm sure you'll get all those things and more...in Arma 4 whenever they make that game, but extremely doubtful you'll see it in DayZ.

2 hours ago, drgullen said:

I'm sure you'll get all those things and more...in Arma 4 whenever they make that game, but extremely doubtful you'll see it in DayZ.

When you think about the futur of dayz (in years, not months).... Why should we only have 1 truck (V3S). I don't know if the mini truck is categorized as a truck or car so let's say we only have the V3S. And only civilian cars ? No police, taxi, medical or military variants ? Seems odd don't you think 😉

We could aswell see the UAZ or the URAL coming into the game with some variants like in arma 2 ? They don't need new code for the driving or mechanic part.... So why not... one day ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lt.Master said:

So why not... one day ?

My guess, because development won't be funded that long.

1 minute ago, -Gews- said:

My guess, because development won't be funded that long.

Yeah... Depends if they are just going to release the complete game or expand with dlc(s) like with arma. Only time will tell us....

My point was that Rancove asked for "a variety of military grade vehicles with some options to mount weapons".

DayZ is not intended to be a military FPS game, that's what the Arma series is for.  So, I doubt the devs are going to add a tank with a weapon mounted on it.  Modders might bring that, but not BI.

I would definitely like to see more methods of getting across the map quicker -- maybe a bicycle, a boat, a jeep perhaps and at least one type of helicopter.  We are more likely to see those things added at some point.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, drgullen said:

My point was that Rancove asked for "a variety of military grade vehicles with some options to mount weapons".

DayZ is not intended to be a military FPS game, that's what the Arma series is for.  So, I doubt the devs are going to add a tank with a weapon mounted on it.  Modders might bring that, but not BI.

I would definitely like to see more methods of getting across the map quicker -- maybe a bicycle, a boat, a jeep perhaps and at least one type of helicopter.  We are more likely to see those things added at some point.

Im not saying its going to be a military FPS, im saying that adding mor options of surviving and fighting your enemys in the game is needed. Like with so many military outposts and caps its wird that ther is no woking cars of them. Im not thinking havy armord cars, im thinking light armord. 

58 minutes ago, RanCove said:

Im not saying its going to be a military FPS, im saying that adding mor options of surviving and fighting your enemys in the game is needed. Like with so many military outposts and caps its wird that ther is no woking cars of them. Im not thinking havy armord cars, im thinking light armord. 

In the base game I don't imagine a bmp-2 as a drivable vehicle. The devs have to code tons of stuff for a non planned feature.... And because we don't have any armored(of any types) vehicles in dayz mod. However, military vehicles such as a UAZ, URAL, HMMWV, Kamaz, Vodnick and a Pick-Up could be one day added into the game. They are in the mod for most of them ! They all have similarities with other vehicles planned for dayz so all they need to do is to create the 3d model, animate and create sounds for them.

If the game stay popular after 2 to 3 years I don't see why bohemia won't continue the support of dayz in content ? For free or with dlc(s)... I don't know how they could bring dlc in this game but I'm sure they are going to found a solution x')

2 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

In the base game I don't imagine a bmp-2 as a drivable vehicle. The devs have to code tons of stuff for a non planned feature.... And because we don't have any armored(of any types) vehicles in dayz mod. However, military vehicles such as a UAZ, URAL, HMMWV, Kamaz, Vodnick and a Pick-Up could be one day added into the game. They are in the mod for most of them ! They all have similarities with other vehicles planned for dayz so all they need to do is to create the 3d model, animate and create sounds for them.

If the game stay popular after 2 to 3 years I don't see why bohemia won't continue the support of dayz in content ? For free or with dlc(s)... I don't know how they could bring dlc in this game but I'm sure they are going to found a solution x')

The vodnik is a type of medium - light armor vehicle, but i understand the bmp.

I just hope the consoles get at least a helicopter so people can airlift their team from the  beach