ImpulZ

23/06/2019 Hotfix Statement

3 hours ago, EvilWaterman said:

So, just reading this thread, are people getting confused? This was a fix for frame rate only that was released by mistake. You know that right?

Ofcourse we do, its just that other things and bugs were released with that "hotfix" by "accident" too, as stated by other people picking up items is bugged and sometimes doesnt let you pick it up even though it is there, you now have to double click LB or RB inorder to use left lean/right lean, Scopes like the ACOG and Hunting Scope ETC. are broken, most scopes that require a battery for a red dot sight dont show even with a new battery. All these bugs added up make players that have been around for a while leave and loose hope in what could become a really good game, mainly because the developers do not listen to us even when were are right and play the game more often.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Flyingpapaya said:

How do you accidentally upload software? Oops cat across keyboard? It's all bull shit.

Its impossible since each patch has to go through Microsoft and/or Sony. 

Unless Microsoft accidentally released it? 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 1:37 AM, ImpulZ said:

Hello Xbox Survivors!

Today's game update (1.02.151527) was released unintentionally. In the now published version we tried to optimise the frame-rate, but an issue with scopes stopped us from releasing it originally.

EDIT: The servers have now been updated to the new version, to allow you to play.

We will release a new update to fix the scope issue as soon as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience.

This update is only a hotfix for the current version 1.02 (with the mentioned issue), no changes to the game itself have been included.

@ImpulZ so how can you unintentionally release a patch?? What’s the real reason?? When are the scopes going to be fixed?? When is the duping going to be fixed?? When is the god tent glitch going to be fixed?? How about the meatball glitch when will that be fixed?? Why would you bring to console a double update 1.03 and 1.04 at the same time knowing all the issues every update brings to the game. Seems like your biting off more than you can chew.

We all want to know why BI is so fixated on bringing out new stuff but not first fix the real issues of the game??

All of these questions I have asked are fair ones to ask. We are the ones who have paid our hard earned money to buy your game and you could be a little forthcoming and actually answer the questions that we have asked week I. And week out. It’s not too big of an ask is it?

its time to communicate to the community if you can’t or don’t want to then say so.

• Like 4

They need to say some thing to us now. 

I'm very pro the devs but the duping problem and God tent plague has gone on unabated now.

The lack of scopes is really annoying and the update was too large to be just a hot fix. Something is not right here.

I like the approach of not saying anything and dropping updates each month but with the game utterly disfunctional  at the moment we need answers

1. Will the bugs that came with the surprise hot fix be hotfixed  before the July update or is this included in the big update 

2. When is July is the update. Early mid or late. If it's July 30th it might as well be an August update. 

3. Will the update entail a server wipe. Given the dupe crisis( its a crisis and not a problem at this point) a wipe is likely.  Im geared with friends and thinking of building a base but what's the point if it's going to be wiped. If i know there a wipe ill happily alter my playerstyle to suit but please let me know. We know the game is getting updated and I'm sure the decision to wipe has been made too. Please tell us

• Like 3

11 hours ago, awalsh47 said:

I like the approach of not saying anything and dropping updates each month but with the game utterly disfunctional  at the moment we need answers

Would work if their general communication was good. 

Look at BI's Vigor team, monthly dev streams, roadmap, patch notes/ updates, behind the scenes, progress updates. 

It's almost like it's a completely different game company even though they are sitting further down the hall. 

Edited by bent.toe
  • Beans 1

On 6/24/2019 at 2:26 PM, Blazedallday25 said:

For the next update is it possible to add a lootable watch for time to tell how many in game mins/hours until morning/night it would be a useful tool for newcomers just as the compass is also 

Let's fix what's broken FIRST, then we can talk about the mox-nix shit.

• Haha 1

Is there a timeline on when the scopes will be fixed? This hotfix has been out for 3 days and still no word. Do we have to wait until next month when the new update comes out? 

Dang it, since the hotfix another problem they created is when dropping sea-chests,no matter what direction your character faces , they will drop sea-chests pointing a standardized direction that can’t be altered. Additionally, chests no longer stack on top of each other, they now glitch thru one another and occupy the same space.

These broken placement issues annoy me greatly for I’m OCD and had neatly organized sea chests now I can organize them correctly 🤦‍♂️ 

changin guns via radial menu doesn't produce the required sound, it's all quiet. the animation also happens in a blink of an eye.

Edited by nikoor

6 hours ago, RussianReavers said:

Dang it, since the hotfix another problem they created is when dropping sea-chests,no matter what direction your character faces , they will drop sea-chests pointing a standardized direction that can’t be altered. Additionally, chests no longer stack on top of each other, they now glitch thru one another and occupy the same space.

These broken placement issues annoy me greatly for I’m OCD and had neatly organized sea chests now I can organize them correctly 🤦‍♂️ 

That's gotta make duping a real bitch for you, then, huh?

• Like 2

@ImpulZ

so questions have been asked. I have asked many directly at you but you haven’t responded. Why?? We want to know things will be fixed. You ignore the console community like we are the plague. We paid our money do you could bank roll dayz on pc which you know I’m telling the truth. 

Seems as if you taking our money and running with it. That the only reason why you would charge us for a finished game but we all know it’s not.

Im getting sick of it, how long does it take to fix the scopes? Or even meatballing. Now look at OUR game it’s fucked up because of BI there is duping everywhere still and your only just tried something now to fix it even though it’s been here since launch. 

@ImpulZ can BI fix this game!!?? We want communication for once. Remember the console community is larger than the pc and we stop playing your game will die. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/24/2019 at 12:15 AM, Man Parts 241 said:

Complaining about the complaining. Lol, it never gets old.

Well, stop bitching like small kids and it would not be necessary.

Criticism is valid, but how about actually making it constructive instead of just whining like small kids who has not been allowed to get a candy-bar at the supermarket-checkout?

I keep seeing the same bunch of you complaining (most of the time just doing guesswork on the future and then complaining about random possible time-lines lol, pretty insane) and saying OVER AND OVER that you are quitting or taking a huge break from this game now (which is always a good idea when burned out, I do it too from time to time) and then being back to complain about a possible outcome the next day or saying that you and your mates are so much better then BI, have made better games over a single weekend and could fix this game in a week by themself (all real statements from in here).

Its a never-ending wheel of misery, and I for one would like to see it change to a point where we can actually use the forum for something constructive instead of it feeling like a journal for emo teenagers.

If anybody feels a need to defend themselves, then I probably hit jackpot - and if you feel the need to complain as much as many of you do then its probably about time you checked out some other games or started or went for a stroll in the nice weather.

I totally understand that a lot of people feel severely let down by the process of this game (I do too!), but complaining about it in a circle nonstop will not make any difference other then messing up the forum for anybody who actually comes here do discuss the game or get tips.

Take a step back, take deep breath, relax - its just a game!

Edited by Jonas Levin

14 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

That's gotta make duping a real bitch for you, then, huh?

Has nothing to do with that, I’m an Army vet and need to have my inventory organized and camp dress-right-dress. Plus Day Z is supposed to be realistic and last I checked physical objects shouldn’t pass thru one another.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, nikoor said:

changin guns via radial menu doesn't produce the required sound, it's all quiet. the animation also happens in a blink of an eye.

Yeah I noticed that too, if you swap from a non-gun it generates the correct sounds but if swapping from one weapon to another it doesn’t.

18 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

Well, stop bitching like small kids and it would not be necessary.

Criticism is valid, but how about actually making it constructive instead of just whining like small kids who has not been allowed to get a candy-bar at the supermarket-checkout?

I keep seeing the same bunch of you complaining (most of the time just doing guesswork on the future and then complaining about random possible time-lines lol, pretty insane) and saying OVER AND OVER that you are quitting or taking a huge break from this game now (which is always a good idea when burned out, I do it too from time to time) and then being back to complain about a possible outcome the next day or saying that you and your mates are so much better then BI, have made better games over a single weekend and could fix this game in a week by themself (all real statements from in here).

Its a never-ending wheel of misery, and I for one would like to see it change to a point where we can actually use the forum for something constructive instead of it feeling like a journal for emo teenagers.

If anybody feels a need to defend themselves, then I probably hit jackpot - and if you feel the need to complain as much as many of you do then its probably about time you checked out some other games or started or went for a stroll in the nice weather.

I totally understand that a lot of people feel severely let down by the process of this game (I do too!), but complaining about it in a circle nonstop will not make any difference other then messing up the forum for anybody who actually comes here do discuss the game or get tips.

Take a step back, take deep breath, relax - its just a game!

So what the hell are you trying to say? Are you trying to tell people to not complain about a game which they have paid for which right now you can’t play as intended? Can you see that a lot of people are pissed and see that the dayz forum is the main place to vent their frustrations. 

As I see it everyone can bitch and moan as much as like as it is a forum they paid there entry fee when they brought dayz.

if you don’t like the complaining then you should take a step back from the forum like ImpulZ and the rest of BI have. 

Like i have said before if your defending BI then you must work for them so should I be asking you when the hell are scopes going to be fixed??? 

BIG HUGS 🤗 

• Haha 1

Wait! How can you honestly say that there was no changes to the game made? I noticed several changes within 5 minutes of playing after that "accidental update", here's a few examples, scoped leaning is now double tapping the bumpers, if you already have lean-to right or left you don't have to double tap that corresponding bumper. Also zoom in and access your quick wheel while you're laying down. Those are just the first two that quickly come to mind. How can you really something and say it didn't change anything? Are you guys really that screwed up with information giving amongst yourselves?

On 6/23/2019 at 1:56 PM, wh1skey_ said:

i’m noticing the leaning now is a bit janky and will take multiple LB/RB presses for it to register and maybe one side will work nice and trying to lean to the other side will just not input until i wait a second at neutral and then try to lean.

gonna need a ticket put in for that @ImpulZ

It was done like that intentionally. It makes it to where while you're laying down you don't have to automatically roll when you accidentally tap a bumper or go to try to access your hot menu. You now have to double tap. If you've already leaned right though you won't have to double-tap right but if you go to lean left after leaning right you have to double tap. You can also access your hot menu now while laying down, and zoom in while laying down without rolling because you have to aim to roll now. Quite a bit of shit in just one paragraph of a patch that supposedly did nothing huh?

• Thanks 1

Damn, just found out the inability to rotate objects affects everything — couldn’t place a generator nor construction lights the way we could before smhhh 😢 BI please fix placing object to how they were before.

On 6/23/2019 at 9:55 AM, Safeway_life said:

But why fix duping and not wipe the servers?

And here we have the perfect example of “people are going to bitch no matter what” 🙄 seriously some of you, I think, just have a dominant complain gene in your genetics. Lol 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 7:49 PM, RussianReavers said:

Ok I know this is going to be a really petty thing to complain about but as someone ACTUALLY afflicted with OCD and not just using it as an adjective to describe a desire to be neat which (newsflash not everyone with OCD is a neat freak who loses their shit when something is out of place.. that’s just Hollywood’s idea of what OCD is like 🙄

It does however bug the shit out people who actually have OCD to have something that is actually hampering their lives physically, emotionally and whatever “ally” there is reduced to some sort of absurd comedic affliction where because you’re a person who likes things neat and watched an episode of Monk once you feel like you understand what it’s like to have OCD. 

Again I recognize the level of pettiness involved in complaining about this here especially since this thread is about something completely different but cut the shit please. 

Thanks 😁

@HiroCheeseMuh1yes, the wife suffers with this too and I get told off for the same thing! But you're right, and it's incredibly debilitating at times. You have my sympathies. And a little bit of mental health awareness never hurt anyone or any forum 🤔

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
Mental health is for life, not just for Christmas 🎅