Mikaxo

Cruelty in Dayz

3 hours ago, Mikaxo said:

Indeed, I should expect that in online games a few people will be indecent, but how you can handle? It's good when you advise to not take it personally and just laugh about it, but for me it is important that these behaviours should be reported and that developers punish the perpetrators.

So here's a thing. We know that killing and torturing animals in young children is a very high indicator of a serial killer. In fact I think every single convicted modern serial killer started off killing animals.

Are you of the mind that similar traits in video games, albeit without a physical "victim", is also a precursor for such psychological disorders?

21 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

Ahh, and now we’re getting to the ‘hypocrisy’ part I mentioned earlier. It’s a sandbox and anyone can do whatever they want, right? But my gameplay is stupid and boring when I just wanna check out the new villages in the West, or hang out in my old hunting grounds, or get a car working? (you’re knocking with that loot/die/repeat routine on a very wrong door).

I can have all the fun I want, provided it conforms to your definition of ‘fun’ and I’m supposed to happily drop everything if met by two guys who want to have a different kind of ‘fun’? So the old saying ‘you can wave your hands all you  want until they land on someone’s face’ gets changed into ‘you can wave your hands all you want until someone’s fist lands on your face’, ammirite?

Look, I know these conversations and I know you won’t say ‘well, now that you put it this way...’ or something. Instead, I expect doubling down with some faux-tough line about growing a pair and Dayz being Dayz. But genuinely please, do it for me and think about the above reasoning (or talk about it with a friend) for just 10 minutes over the next year.

10 minutes by June 2020, that’s all I’m asking.

It's not hipocrisy, all i'm saying is that i want this game's freedom. If you want to be cruel, do it, if you want to be friendly, do it. I was answering original question "what you think of that?".

4 hours ago, Mikaxo said:

When you humiliate another player, it's beyond the virtual world : you insult indirectly the true person behind the screen, so that must be punished.

This is why I suggested you play on regulated, RP-type servers where punishment for breaking the rules happens -- on public servers, that is never going to happen, nor should it.  The role of a developer is not to police the servers, waiting for someone to misbehave -- the role of a developer is to develop the game.