repzaj1234

You can now easily customize your server's AI spawns in the DayZServer Missions folder. With that, I am releasing my completely revamped zombie spawn config to the DayZ community.

in the settings there is an opportunity to increase the time of the killed zombies so that they do not disappear quickly? thanks for the answer

On 8/2/2019 at 2:53 PM, maxon-69 said:

in the settings there is an opportunity to increase the time of the killed zombies so that they do not disappear quickly? thanks for the answer

Yes, in the "globals.xml" you can change the "CleanupLifetimeDeadInfected" variable to whatever value you wish. Values are in seconds. Remember that every object lying around has to be managed by the server, so increasing this too much will affect performance, especially if you also have more infected than usual.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 7:38 AM, repzaj1234 said:

UPDATE: For any server owners using this, I've finally cracked why the additional spawn points weren't triggering properly. The game just flat out doesn't like it when 2 spawn points of the same type are close to each other.

The google drive link has been updated, please update your zombie_territories file with the contents. Happy zombie killing!

Hey @repzaj1234 after you did the quoted change, is the tweak to distanceradius still necessary?

I've been using a tweaked version of the config in "Zombies Everywhere plus" mod - which is fun as heck - but the absurd amounts of infected do seem to trigger harry potter moments for cars a bit too frequently. So time has come to try your config and slowly up the numbers until I find the sweet spot for my machine. If it helps all is gold, if not I can rule out zombies as the cause of flying cars. (Oddly enough the flying car events only happen when my brother is online and aggravating the infected population. When I'm on my own or with other players I can drive around with up to 20-30 infected chasing the car without problems, but when bro's connection goes haywire the car takes off.)

Going to miss these:

D415AA133A303E23F5719432B88587CB9384D9F6

On 8/26/2019 at 1:17 AM, Derleth said:

Hey @repzaj1234 after you did the quoted change, is the tweak to distanceradius still necessary?

I've been using a tweaked version of the config in "Zombies Everywhere plus" mod - which is fun as heck - but the absurd amounts of infected do seem to trigger harry potter moments for cars a bit too frequently. So time has come to try your config and slowly up the numbers until I find the sweet spot for my machine. If it helps all is gold, if not I can rule out zombies as the cause of flying cars. (Oddly enough the flying car events only happen when my brother is online and aggravating the infected population. When I'm on my own or with other players I can drive around with up to 20-30 infected chasing the car without problems, but when bro's connection goes haywire the car takes off.)

Going to miss these:

D415AA133A303E23F5719432B88587CB9384D9F6

I don't thjnk so. I was going based on the reddit guide in the main post and kinda fiddled with the values. I tried setting distanceradius and cleanupradius to extremely low levels and kept the lifetime to 3 (In theory every Z that is 1M away from me should despawn in 3 seconds) but it didn't. I think there's something hardcoded that if something is within the players sight it doesn't despawn. Not sure though, I kinda gave up playing around with it after some time. The servers I actually play on won't adapt any zombie spawn changes lol Don't blame them as they have 70ish players and are wary of the performance hit. I tried hitting up the devs as well for a better explanation of the events.xml file and how it affects zombies but got nothing.

Honestly don't even touch events.xml and you should be fine.

Edited by repzaj1234
  • Beans 1

44 minutes ago, repzaj1234 said:

I don't thjnk so. I was going based on the reddit guide in the main post and kinda fiddled with the values. I tried setting distanceradius and cleanupradius to extremely low levels and kept the lifetime to 3 (In theory every Z that is 1M away from me should despawn in 3 seconds) but it didn't. I think there's something hardcoded that if something is within the players sight it doesn't despawn. Not sure though, I kinda gave up playing around with it after some time. The servers I actually play on won't adapt any zombie spawn changes lol Don't blame them as they have 70ish players and are wary of the performance hit. I tried hitting up the devs as well for a better explanation of the events.xml file and how it affects zombies but got nothing.

Honestly don't even touch events.xml and you should be fine.

Allright, thanks for the answer. Yeah I'm staying clear of events.xml for now. I changed to your config but bro's Gunter started bouncing anyway, and he didn't even have any aggroed zeds near him. He's on a mobile broadband connection with so-so reception, it seems my server is extremely sensitive to when his connection is unstable. Nobody else playing on the server causes this, when bro is not on cars work without problem, even when driving around aggroing that horde on the field above. Funny thing is bro is not having that much lag problems when playing on other servers, so I'm getting a bit confused. Hopefully devs will soon get rid of whatever gremlins in the netcode and/or car simulation cause this to happen.

The config itself is a good base spawn pattern to expand upon, good work!

Perfect work! Would you mind to update Livonia spawns also as default territories are the very same crappy copy pasty without any care...

Is there something easy I could set so they do not respawn untill the next restart? I play solo and I would like not to reduce them but it feels strange that they teleport back in within seconds and its not possible to clean out a village... Just curious if i can set a restock like value to "never".

Ack. You even provided a legend... Sorry I must have caught the dumb there for a min! No. But maybe if I only use static values and 0 the dynamic it would provide the functionality I am looking for. Will test this weekend.

This seems to work! Thank you for the legend, I now have actual immersive infected on my server and can clear out whole towns.

Again... Thanks.

Edited by Survivor514
Missed the legend!

Hello, it is almost 2022 and people (me) are still struggling with this

Your google drive files are gone, and I'm trying to set up a server with massive quantity of zombies because will be using the WalkingDeadZombies mod.

I would like some help about where and what do I need to change to have, in an area that usually have 30 zombies, have hundreds of them.

Probably wont get an answer because of the time, but lets see