repzaj1234

You can now easily customize your server's AI spawns in the DayZServer Missions folder. With that, I am releasing my completely revamped zombie spawn config to the DayZ community.

Server owners will now be able to customize animal and infected spawns on the fly on the DayZ Server Exp\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\env folder.

With that being said, I am releasing my completely revamped zombie_territories.xml file to the community.

What was wrong with the default config:

• Spawn points in the middle of nowhere, remote places with only a couple houses spawning 7-13 zombies. (A huge waste of server resources)
  • The different types of infected (InfectedIndustrial, InfectedPolice, InfectedMedic, InfectedReligious, InfectedFirefighter) all had copied and pasted spawn values. They all spawn the same amount of infected regardless of location. The hospital in Cherno spawns the same amount of InfectedMedics as a small clinic in a remote village. Cherno Police Station spawns the same amount of InfectedPolice as a tiny village police station. There was no thought given to it and again a LOT of server resources are getting wasted.
  • A lot of spawn points were just straight up not in the right location. Their coordinates were off, or they were placed to the side (Explains why you see a lot of infected wandering in the fields instead of the actual villages/towns)
  • Almost 80% of villages and small towns have no spawn variety and spawn the same number of infected (7-13). Again, regardless of location.
  • The default config is spawning infected in a HUGE radius (100+ meter radius). This is why we don't see infected in dense numbers. They're always too far spread out with already little numbers spawning.

What is different with my config:

• I have hand combed through EVERY spawn point and adjusted their values up/down corresponding to their location, adjusted their spawn radiuses, gave them better placement.
  • Spawn points now have their location commented on them.
  • You will see a reduction in the InfectedVillage, InfectedIndustrial, InfectedSolitude zombie types. Basically slightly less infected in villages, small towns, industrial areas and one-off hermit houses. These areas are low risk = low reward.
  • The extra infected I have saved have been relocated to major cities, high traffic areas and end-game military camps. Cities appear more infested and military areas are actually dangerous and feel like end-game areas. You will have to sneak, distract or plain old wait for the infected to clear in some areas. If you fire a gun be prepared to fight incoming hordes or get the hell out. High risk = high reward.
  • Slightly lowered spawn radiuses so zombie count would appear more dense.
  • Tweaked almost every spawn point's coordinates for better placement.
  • Added a higher variability to certain spawn points so that every trip to a location feels different. (ie, a spawn point will dynamically spawn anywhere from 3-12 infected). A location won't always be infested or empty.
  • This was made with server stability in mind. There should be minimal impact to server performance as I merely optimized numbers that did not make sense and relocated the spawns. I did not blindly increase numbers and spam new spawn points.
  • Added a few entirely new spawn points placed in once barren locations the devs never bothered with.
  • For comparison, here is my config. And this is B.I.'s default config. I suggest opening it with Notepad++
  • And some photos of course.

My main gripe with the game was how little zombies actually impacted the game or influenced your gameplay. This changes all of that and makes the game an actual zombie survival game. The devs have given us the tools to handle them in the last few patches, zombie dispersion upon losing visual, 1 hit sneak attacks, melee attacks using firearms and most recently, throwing to distract infected. Now go and actually utilize them! 🙂

Installation
Any server owners that want to try it once EXP hits stable just copy and paste the contents of my config into zombie_territories.xml within DayZ Server Exp\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\env. If you don't like it, just paste back the default config and restart your server. Please let me know of any bugs, issues or performance impact this brings as I have only been able to test it on my LAN server. You might have to up "ZombieMaxCount" in globals.xml if you are not seeing spawns. I highly suggest following DUG's steps and nerfing zombie drop rate to discourage zed farming.

Events.xml tweaks
Refer to this guide (https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/9mr7fm/infected_spawn_research_server_files/) for what the parameters do. Under event name=InfectedCity, InfectedArmy, InfectedSolitude, InfectedIndustrial and InfectedVillage you will have to change <distanceradius> to 0.1. This allows spawn points to trigger close to each other.

If anyone wants to customize it to their liking, it's very easy but it takes TIME. This took me hours of combing through every spawn point

Legend:

Minimum zombie spawn = smin + dmin

Maximum zombie spawn = smax + dmax

X and Z are the map coordinates. (You can paste them on IZurvive)

R is the radius (in meters) of where they can spawn.

Locations are commented on the side.

smin/smax = static amount of zombies, they will always spawn even if a player isn't near. Better to keep these low.

dmin/max = dynamic amount of zombies, these will spawn based on player proximity to the area, gunshots and other possible factors.

Shoutout to Sumrak for making this happen! This was inspired by his Namalsk Status update showing off infected density

Edited by repzaj1234
  • Thanks 6
  • Beans 2

3 hours ago, repzaj1234 said:

Server owners will now be able to customize animal and infected spawns on the fly on the DayZ Server Exp\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\env folder.

With that being said, I am releasing my completely revamped zombie_territories.xml file to the community.

What was wrong with the default config:

• Spawn points in the middle of nowhere, remote places with only a couple houses spawning 7-13 zombies. (A huge waste of server resources)
  • The different types of infected (InfectedIndustrial, InfectedPolice, InfectedMedic, InfectedReligious, InfectedFirefighter) all had copied and pasted spawn values. They all spawn the same amount of infected regardless of location. The hospital in Cherno spawns the same amount of InfectedMedics as a small clinic in a remote village. Cherno Police Station spawns the same amount of InfectedPolice as a tiny village police station. There was no thought given to it and again a LOT of server resources are getting wasted.
  • A lot of spawn points were just straight up not in the right location. Their coordinates were off, or they were placed to the side (Explains why you see a lot of infected wandering in the fields instead of the actual villages/towns)
  • Almost 80% of villages and small towns have no spawn variety and spawn the same number of infected (7-13). Again, regardless of location.
  • The default config is spawning infected in a HUGE radius (100+ meter radius). This is why we don't see infected in dense numbers. They're always too far spread out with already little numbers spawning.

What is different with my config:

• I have hand combed through EVERY spawn point and adjusted their values up/down corresponding to their location, adjusted their spawn radiuses, gave them better placement.
  • Spawn points now have their location commented on them.
  • You will see a reduction in the InfectedVillage, InfectedIndustrial, InfectedSolitude zombie types. Basically slightly less infected in villages, small towns, industrial areas and one-off hermit houses. These areas are low risk = low reward.
  • The extra infected I have saved have been relocated to major cities, high traffic areas and end-game military camps. Cities appear more infested and military areas are actually dangerous and feel like end-game areas. You will have to sneak, distract or plain old wait for the infected to clear in some areas. If you fire a gun be prepared to fight incoming hordes or get the hell out. High risk = high reward.
  • Slightly lowered spawn radiuses so zombie count would appear more dense.
  • Tweaked almost every spawn point's coordinates for better placement.
  • Added a higher variability to certain spawn points so that every trip to a location feels different. (ie, a spawn point will dynamically spawn anywhere from 3-12 infected). A location won't always be infested or empty.
  • This was made with server stability in mind. There should be minimal impact to server performance as I merely optimized numbers that did not make sense and relocated the spawns. I did not blindly increase numbers and spam new spawn points.
  • Added a few entirely new spawn points placed in once barren locations the devs never bothered with.
  • For comparison, here is my config. And this is B.I.'s default config. I suggest opening it with Notepad++
  • And some photos of course.

My main gripe with the game was how little zombies actually impacted the game or influenced your gameplay. This changes all of that and makes the game an actual zombie survival game. The devs have given us the tools to handle them in the last few patches, zombie dispersion upon losing visual, 1 hit sneak attacks, melee attacks using firearms and most recently, throwing to distract infected. Now go and actually utilize them! 🙂

Installation
Any server owners that want to try it once EXP hits stable just copy and paste the contents of my config into zombie_territories.xml within DayZ Server Exp\mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\env. If you don't like it, just paste back the default config and restart your server. Please let me know of any bugs, issues or performance impact this brings as I have only been able to test it on my LAN server. You might have to up "ZombieMaxCount" in globals.xml if you are not seeing spawns. I highly suggest following DUG's steps and nerfing zombie drop rate to discourage zed farming.

If anyone wants to customize it to their liking, it's very easy but it takes TIME. This took me hours of combing through every spawn point

Legend:

Minimum zombie spawn = smin + dmin

Maximum zombie spawn = smax + dmax

X and Z are the map coordinates. (You can paste them on IZurvive)

R is the radius (in meters) of where they can spawn.

Locations are commented on the side.

smin/smax = static amount of zombies, they will always spawn even if a player isn't near. Better to keep these low.

dmin/max = dynamic amount of zombies, these will spawn based on player proximity to the area, gunshots and other possible factors.

Shoutout to Sumrak for making this happen! This was inspired by his Namalsk Status update showing off infected density

Is that supported in 1.03 or it's supported from 1.04?

5 hours ago, Sid Debian said:

Is that supported in 1.03 or it's supported from 1.04?

Once this EXP branch hits stable, yes.

39 minutes ago, repzaj1234 said:

Once this EXP branch hits stable, yes. 

well that's awesome. But next time please add tag Experimental or in header or first line of text that this future work with 1.04+

As Idea - that's interestin' thing. And suggest you move your code to GitHub, 'cause pastebin can remove your code...

Just added to my server. I run the stable patch on a very lightly modded server. SO MUCH BETTER. Finally Survivor worthy spawns. Wolf territories should be next. 

Thanks for this!

Edited by C4-timah
  • Thanks 1

No problem man. Not sure if you've already done this but you'll need to tweak events.xml to allow spawn points to trigger within a 50M radius of each other

Events.xml tweaks:

Refer to this guide (https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/9mr7fm/infected_spawn_research_server_files/) for what the parameters do. Under event name=InfectedCity, InfectedArmy and InfectedVillage you will have to change <distanceradius> to 0.1. This allows spawn points to be placed next to each other and actually spawn. You can also up nominal to 70 if server performance allows it.

Did you notice a drop in server performance? How many players do you have on your server? Care to link it here as well, I want to see it in action on something beside my LAN server 😛

• Thanks 1

UPDATE: For any server owners using this, I've finally cracked why the additional spawn points weren't triggering properly. The game just flat out doesn't like it when 2 spawn points of the same type are close to each other.

The google drive link has been updated, please update your zombie_territories file with the contents. Happy zombie killing!

• Thanks 1

Thank u man ! I use this on my little Pve Server ! [GER] Back to the Roots | PVE | NOSTAM | LOOT+ | CAR+ |  or  94.250.220.116:2302. 

• Thanks 1

Uploaded the new file. Restarted the Server and will compare tonight after work. Can't wait. Expecting big things now that you've conquered  the spawn radius issue. I'll update with results in a couple of days. Hopefully this update will ring true on our slogan...Only 3% will Survive...

Thanks!

Update: I noticed the server memory usage jumped from 3.11GB to 3.63GB after applying that update. If this means more infected on the field in high risk/high reward areas, then its great news!

Edited by C4-timah

Is that jump from 3.11GB to 3.63GB a huge performance hit when it comes to server stability? Can't really say as I don't run one. But either way, keep me updated dude.

On 7/3/2019 at 12:28 AM, repzaj1234 said:

Is that jump from 3.11GB to 3.63GB a huge performance hit when it comes to server stability? Can't really say as I don't run one. But either way, keep me updated dude.

Not at all. It's actually the amount of memory the server is using to load all the mods, assembled cars, 60+ heli sites and 60+ police crash sites, etc. If I remove all the mods it only uses about 2.68GB out of 16GB of available memory. Played on it last night, no issues at all. Will be making my way towards some of the more larger cities/NWAF to test out the numbers. I'm hoping to be completely overwhelmed by infected by firing a weapon. In survival, if you make just one mistake, it should always be near fatal, if not FATAL. Every time. Depending on the severity of your mistake of course.

AssembledCars|PVP/PVE|BaseBldg+|KillFeed|WeaponRedux

OR

AssembledCars 2|Vanilla|HARDCORE|PVP/PVE|1P

If anyone is interested in giving it a run. Both only 20 slot low pop servers.

Edited by C4-timah
  • Like 1

Infected numbers and response to gun shots etc is soooo much better. I'd be ok with increasing the numbers even more, especially in the larger cities and military area's. Hordes. As of right now, the infected activity in high loot area's in where the game default should have been. We'll see what the next few weeks bring. Trying to cover all the major cities across the map currently.

Thanks man. If any servers have actually implemented this, let me know please. Really curious on how well a server performs with 60+ players and this config.

Edited by repzaj1234

im running this, with a few tweaks/additions of my own plus an additional spawning system.

Search "The Sanctuary 1PP" on DZSAlauncher

Server launched 6/30!

This server was started by a couple DayZMod veterans that have always wanted the perfect DayZ hardcore server but every server is missing something or run by lazy badmins so we decided to create it. We have been running servers on multiple mods since ArmA2

Key Features: 
- Lots of new weapons (each one tested and balanced accordingly)
- New locations and enhancements to the map. Balota, NEAF have been overhauled and new various areas added/enhanced. 
- Tons of new craftable items including makeshift shelters.
- Zombies are now a problem. You will have to adjust your play style on our server.
- Custom zombie spawn locations, spawn system and parameters.
- Custom loot on zombies.
- It's intended that the further NNW you go, the more difficult it is and better/rare the loot.
- Loot has been overhauled and carefully balanced and selected. Unlike most servers we test and balance every single modded item. 
   (you will not find loot as correctly configured/balanced as our server)
- Weapons have a chance to spawn with random attachments. 
- Higher vehicle count and additional spawns. They also spawn with necessary fluids in the cargo. 
- Coastal player spawns only, like in DayZ Mod (tweaked from vanilla)
- Dead player bodies persist for 20 minutes!
- 4 hours of day and ~30-45 minute full moon nights. (tweaked based on feedback)
- Side Chat
- Map
- Tons more features and tweaks!

Be sure to use the server info panel in-game by pressing the Pause|Break key (next to scroll lock)

https://discord.me/sanctuaryz

Edited by robbhimself

This Sounds wicked cool. 

If anyone would like to post a video, please do. 

16 minutes ago, repzaj1234 said:

Thank you. 

Have you tried adding a lot of zombies in one spot? Example the football field in chernogorsk (behind the firestation) or is it just numbers per village/city? 

What are the highest "doable" number of zombies you can add? Can you add 60 zombies in one place? 

You can add however much you want on any location. Question is, can the servers handle it? A full 60-80 person server can't. A 40 slot PVE server, yeah sure.

On 7/18/2019 at 6:08 AM, repzaj1234 said:

You can add however much you want on any location. Question is, can the servers handle it? A full 60-80 person server can't. A 40 slot PVE server, yeah sure.

Thanks. 

I hope we get some of these settings on console rented servers. 

I'm thinking about using this configuration for my server with a few adjustments. I've been using an edited version of the config from the "Zombies Everywhere" mod, and although it is crazy fun with all those zombies it is a tad unbalanced and unrealistic, so I want to change it so interesting locations with high value loot remain swarmed while regular villages have more manageable infestations. So I came here...

Anyway, I'm curious if you removed any of the default spawn locations or just adjusted them? I don't fancy the idea of having locations where you can trust there to be no infected.

I personally like the idea of having random spawn locations in the middle of nowhere, so there is always a risk bumping into a stray zombie even when you are miles from the nearest settlement. This happened occasionally in 0,62 but currently the default despawn behaviour and spawn locations seems to prevent it, which is a bit sad. In order to achieve this, would I need to add static spawns all over the map? Or is there some way to allow a few zeds to wander off into the boonies without despawning?

Edited by Derleth

Does this configuration give performance?

I have 8gb of ddr4 and if the zombies more than 5-10 next, I out of the game with a memory error.

In this configuration, the zombie spawn is closer than in the standard configuration?

If so, will they appear on the head and kill in the back?

On 7/26/2019 at 2:43 PM, maxon-69 said:

Does this configuration give performance?

I have 8gb of ddr4 and if the zombies more than 5-10 next, I out of the game with a memory error.

In this configuration, the zombie spawn is closer than in the standard configuration?

If so, will they appear on the head and kill in the back?

When you say you crash out of the game with memory error, do you mean your game client or your server? It might be problematic if you are running a server on the same PC as you are playing since 8gb is a tad low for that, but you should still not be crashing with memory error. I suspect that is another problem, try making sure all your drivers are up to date.

The file zombieterritories.xml controls how many zombies spawn and in what location, it does not affect proximity to the player. The default "safe zone" for infected spawn is no less than 100 meters from the player, that can be configured in another file - events.xml. Unless you reduce the safe zone value you should never have zombies spawning very close to players.

Edit: Is that note about editing "distanceradius" still relevant?

Edited by Derleth

On 7/26/2019 at 4:53 AM, Derleth said:

I'm thinking about using this configuration for my server with a few adjustments. I've been using an edited version of the config from the "Zombies Everywhere" mod, and although it is crazy fun with all those zombies it is a tad unbalanced and unrealistic, so I want to change it so interesting locations with high value loot remain swarmed while regular villages have more manageable infestations. So I came here...

Anyway, I'm curious if you removed any of the default spawn locations or just adjusted them? I don't fancy the idea of having locations where you can trust there to be no infected.

I personally like the idea of having random spawn locations in the middle of nowhere, so there is always a risk bumping into a stray zombie even when you are miles from the nearest settlement. This happened occasionally in 0,62 but currently the default despawn behaviour and spawn locations seems to prevent it, which is a bit sad. In order to achieve this, would I need to add static spawns all over the map? Or is there some way to allow a few zeds to wander off into the boonies without despawning?

I kept all default spawn locations (Slightly adjusted a few of their locations and tweaked their numbers up/down depending on where they are). I added a few city and military camp spawns myself, you'll see it commented in.

You can easily build on this and customize it to your liking, I feel like this can be used as a foundation that server owners can use and build upon.

As for the strays wandering around, you'll probably have to adjust a specific zombie type's lifetime in events.xml or possibly the cleanupradius/distanceradius of let's say the InfectedSolitude type. Might have negative effects on server performance though.

Edited by repzaj1234

3 hours ago, repzaj1234 said:

I kept all default spawn locations (Slightly adjusted a few of their locations and tweaked their numbers up/down depending on where they are). I added a few city and military camp spawns myself, you'll see it commented in.

You can easily build on this and customize it to your liking, I feel like this can be used as a foundation that server owners can use and build upon.

As for the strays wandering around, you'll probably have to adjust a specific zombie type's lifetime in events.xml or possibly the cleanupradius/distanceradius of let's say the InfectedSolitude type. Might have negative effects on server performance though.

Okay, thanks for replying.

To get actually wandering zombies that can end up just about anywhere, I had the idea that it might work to define a custom infected event for the purpose, say I call it "InfectedRoaming",  use a random selection from the entire list of zombie types for children, and make the lifetime of the event a week or so, while cleanupradius radius should basically encompass the whole map. There would only need to be a handful of spawn points for these events placed on the map, with fairly modest nominal/min/max values to save the server from meltdown.

Unless someone knows for sure this won't work I think I'll give it a try...