wh1skey_

1.04 coming to consoles expected in July!

@ImpulZ just posted a new thread for the first experimental 1.04 update on PC - some of the biggest highlights of the patch info are:

“Please be especially aware of the new server hopping mitigation method. When switching servers on the same hive, your character will be moved to one of multiple spawn points across the map, designated for server hoppers. This is in order to avoid server hopping for fast loot gathering or combat advantages.”

“Note for console players: While we tried our best, this update 1.04 will NOT be released on consoles at the same time as it will be on PC. This is because of the certification process that the console versions have to undergo. We expect the console updates to be released in July.”

ADDED

Added: KA-74 with attachments

Added: KA-101 with attachments

Added: P1-87-L Scope

Added: 5.45x39mm ammunition

Added: 5.45x39mm tracer ammunition

Added: Overlay icons to differentiate ammo variants

Added: Music in main menu

Added: Independent shoulders (possibility to carry two ranged/melee weapons at the same time)

Added: Magazine auto reload by pressing 'R'

Added: Throwing (hold 'G' to activate throwing stance)

Added: Grenades (EGD-5, 6-M7, 1-M8, EGD-2, 8-M4 Flashbang)

Added: Grenades can be attached to selected vests

Added: Handheld Transceiver can be attached to Courier Bag

Added: Mod presentation in main menu (documentation)

Added: In-game hints and tutorials

Added: Vomit emote/gesture

Added: Mitigation of so called server hopping on public hives (when player changes the server, hopping spawn point is used instead of last log off position)

Added: Support for multiple sets of player spawn points (only for public hives, currently fresh and hop sets available)

Added: Fever now causes water loss

Added: Epinephrine restores stamina to max value

Added: Codeine Pills mitigate injured state for limited time

Added: Morphine suppresses injured state for limited time

Added: Charcoal Tablets can eliminate Salmonella bacteria

Added: Shoes gradually wear off while using

Added: Check Pulse action now display blood pressure and pulse type if irregular

Added: Infected can be spawned with head gear, vests and backpacks

Added: Positional rain sounds for Coal Plant

Added: Character sounds for male wearing gag

Added: Flare effect around Road Flare

FIXED

Fixed: Inventory was closed if another player performed restrain action (T140237)

Fixed: AI could teleport, visually appear where it was not positioned or be positioned at roofs (T139728)

Fixed: AI herds were not releasing the territory after last member of the herd has died (could prevent AI herds from re-spawning on smaller terrains with lower number of territories)

Fixed: Incorrect visual state of speedometer

Fixed: Character will not fold map while in prone and becomes stuck

Fixed: Liquid contents of Barrel do not persist upon server restart (T139791)

Fixed: Ruined weapons could twitch while trying to look through optics

Fixed: Character started to float in some sections of small rivers (T140952)

Fixed: Influenza did not cause blur effect

Fixed: Texture filtering option in graphics settings was not working correctly

Fixed: Many fixes and improvements to ChernarusPlus terrain

Fixed: DayZ local application data folder was not properly deleted via DayZUninstaller

Fixed: Punching walls was emitting unsuitable bullet impact particles

Fixed: Spotlight had a hole where the reflector part should be

Fixed: Switch ON/OFF actions sometimes not being available on Spotlight after server restart

Fixed: Personal light created an undesired reflection if another source of light was nearby (it was mostly visible as a blue shine on cars)

Fixed: Opening/Closing of car doors was missing sounds

Fixed: When character stamina was reduced by gear it did not replenish correctly (T139932)

Fixed: Action to eat pumpkin slices was missing (T139428)

Fixed: Missing footsteps sound while strafing with heavy item in hands (T139604)

Fixed: Incorrect item weight upon adding attachments on specific items (T139773)

Fixed: Gas Stations can be blown up again

TWEAKED

Tweaked: Headlights on cars now switch to left/right/center depending on attached headlight bulbs state

Tweaked: Cars now have functional rear lights

Tweaked: Reversing with a car now subtly illuminates the area behind it, allowing drivers to see there during night

Tweaked: Player stomach is now item/liquid-type based instead of nutritional-component-breakdown based

Tweaked: Connection timer is now up to 95 seconds in case of rapid server hopping. In connection to this change, the previous database locks have been removed.

Tweaked: Player spawn logic for avoiding water surfaces

Tweaked: Gunshot sounds are audible up to 3.5 km

Tweaked: Vehicles HUD

Tweaked: Improved plaster and concrete impact particle effects

Tweaked: Bullet impact effects are scaled by impact force much more visibly now

Tweaked: Portable Gas Lamp now burns 10x longer (~55 minutes with the smallest container, ~133 with the largest one)

Tweaked: Optimized muzzle flash particles for CR-61, FX-45, CR-75, IJ-70

Tweaked: Burning light sources now subtly flicker

Tweaked: Shadows from burning light sources subtly move

Tweaked: Smoke/Steam particles on weapons

KNOWN ISSUES

Items cannot be thrown through most windows

It is not possible to eject a chambered round via 'R'

Individual Servers are rarely not showing up in the server browser - refreshing the server list should fix this.

Looks like if we’re getting everything from 1.03 and 1.04 together soon sometime in July, this is going to be a HUGE patch with tons of crazy new stuff!

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

Grenades will be very interesting and I'm surprised they were not in from the start 👍

Another thing that sounds awesome is blowing up the gas stations. Once that comes in there's going to be some serious booby trapping going on 😂

I'm also assuming that the server hop function means that it's best to stay in your chosen server which is good. Apart from if you're meeting up with friends in another server but I can live with that on our version.

Is the server hopping mechanic intended to stop duping? 

Cant the gear the player drops still be collected by a friend?

Also, you told us in the PS4 launch stream that you're aiming for parity in patch releases across all platforms. The lengthy console certification process is not a new thing. I feel like you guys knew this the whole time and therefore it would be impossible to have patches released on PC and console on the same time. 

Edited by Anyeurysm
  • Beans 1

45 minutes ago, Anyeurysm said:

Also, you told us in the PS4 launch stream that you're aiming for parity in patch releases across all platforms. The lengthy console certification process is not a new thing. I feel like you guys knew this the whole time and therefore it would be impossible to have patches released on PC and console on the same time. 

I'm not familiar with how the duping process works other than you leave the server to go back in the server whilst holding an item (I think). I hope they have a separate fix for duping like you can't "leave" a server with anything in your hand.

Edited by Tino81
Grammar edit

I think this fix for server hopping will make duping much harder to pull off.

The dupers seem to dupe by server hopping in  specific manner and this will mess with this a bit

• Beans 1

2 minutes ago, awalsh47 said:

The dupers seem to dupe by server hopping in  specific manner and this will mess with this a bit

Without getting into the specific mechanics of how duping works, I fail to see how the random spawn when server hopping will stop a friend from picking up the original dropped gear.

• Like 1

The only problem I have with this mitigation is we have friends across multiple servers. We occasionally team up on their servers to loot and raid together. Sometimes we meet up on random servers to make trades with people. This will highly inconvenience continued play with other people we want to play with or even just trade with. 

How it functions is the real question. How many spawn points will there be? Will we be auto teleported across the map? I mean that in some cases will be as bad as dying as it can take 2+ hours to get somewhere. Will there be a cool down timer? Say if we jump out and wait 5 minutes then jump to our friends sever will we still be punished? We dont server hop in the traditional manner to gear up or ghost. We hop servers to hang out with other people. This sounds like we will be heavily penalized for wanting to play with others.

Edited by Acids House
  • Beans 1

5 minutes ago, Acids House said:

The only problem I have with this mitigation is we have friends across multiple servers. We occasionally team up on their servers to loot and raid together. Sometimes we meet up on random servers to make trades with people. This will highly inconvenience continued play with other people we want to play with or even just trade with. 

How it functions is the real question. How many spawn points will there be? Will we be auto teleported across the map? I mean that in some cases will be as bad as dying as it can take 2+ hours to get somewhere. Will there be a cool down timer? Say if we jump out and wait 5 minutes then jump to our friends sever will we still be punished? We dont server hop in the traditional manner to gear up or ghost. We hop servers to hang out with other people. This sounds like we will be heavily penalized for wanting to play with others.

I'm concerned about this as well. In addition, it will be interesting to see how server disconnects will mesh with this as to whether quickly rejoining would result in getting sent to a spawn point. While a single disconnect probably wouldn't, it might be tougher to say for crashes experienced in quicker frequency. Also, will this encourage fast travel via cycling through these spawn points by server hopping? We will likely have to wait for our intrepid player-play-testers on this forum to find out how it will actually work. 

I'm glad that the update come soon but think thay should try and do a experimental branch for xbox and ps4 and it will most props be better for the dev to find bugs 

• Haha 1

So... Nothing about duping? 

But i see my old requested feature about zombies carrying gear is implemented.. Just wish it was weapons aswell. 

Server swipe? 

Edit * courier bag?? Is that like a messenger /satchel bag?!! Please make it so. 

Edited by bent.toe

40 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

So... Nothing about duping? 

But i see my old requested feature about zombies carrying gear is implemented.. Just wish it was weapons aswell. 

Server swipe? 

Edit * courier bag?? Is that like a messenger /satchel bag?!! Please make it so. 

Its a pc update, dont think they deal with the level of duping as xbox

2 hours ago, PondjectsKilla said:

Its a pc update, dont think they deal with the level of duping as xbox

And ps4... They learn quick. Took 2 weeks. 

9 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Crafted by combining a Burlap Sack and Rope, the Burlap Courier Bag offers 30 additional inventory slots for a player. It can be expanded by dragging sticks onto it, thus creating an Burlap Backpack.

16 hours ago, awalsh47 said:

Yea it will make it harder considering you will be in random spawn points like i have been saying in alot of peoples post that it would be a good idea to do.

15 hours ago, headcase said:

I'm glad that the update come soon but think thay should try and do a experimental branch for xbox and ps4 and it will most props be better for the dev to find bugs 

Been try to push this motivate since it was in game preview for xbox but no response from them.

18 hours ago, Anyeurysm said:
16 hours ago, Acids House said:

Yes maybe the first set of gear may get duped, but say the person gets spawned on coast. Are they going to use heart emoji to run what ever is in their hand all the way back to base? Maybe take out heart emoji to run with chests and tents????? Or fix that bug , but i do see duping being more of a pain if you're random spawned .

@Acids House Rule One for trading...... DON'T TRUST ANYONE.. But i see no problem in this whole random spawning for server hopping to meet my team. We can get together fast with the Izurvive app. As long as we know where we are when we spawn we good.

So if I'm playing in a server and I'm at Berezino and a friend invites me to his server, who is also at Berezino. You're telling me I'm getting teleported to a designated server hopping spawn point that could be all the way across the map because I server hopped to join a friend?

If this is correct and even tho this is somewhat of a fix. This is going to kill the population even more.

• Haha 1

On 6/21/2019 at 10:09 AM, xhardcorefishx said:

Seems like my speculations were kinda right. July... Oh my goodness

And then, late July at that. I swear, man. This dev is the worse.

2 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

So if I'm playing in a server and I'm at Berezino and a friend invites me to his server, who is also at Berezino. You're telling me I'm getting teleported to a designated server hopping spawn point that could be all the way across the map because I server hopped to join a friend?

If this is correct and even tho this is somewhat of a fix. This is going to kill the population even more.

How about we wait for a bit of info on how it works before we start complaining (any more than usual)? ;)

Have we confirmed that this is going to be 1.03 rolled into 1.04 update or is this just 1.04 alone ? How hard is it to type put how the new spawn is going to work ? 

3 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

All my friends play on the same server. 

And if one doesn't the slight annoyance of having to travel to meet them is far less than it is when some loot goblin jumps into the barracks im looting to shoot me in the back or teleport inside my base walls.

There's just no pleasing some people 

Edited by awalsh47

5 hours ago, Man Parts 241 said:

In my mind it must be atleast a third server within a certain amount of time. 

Changing from one server to another should not be considered server hopping, otherwise we are all fucked. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

I have no issues with playing on one server through a day of playing. Just adjust and schedule ahead for one server. There is really no need to hop servers to meet up. They can follow you into the server you're on or the other way around.