bent.toe

Maybe it's time to go old school RPG?

Level system? 

Can not pick up an AKM before your character have reached level 50? 60?

You are locked to pistols and knives til level 10, shotguns to level 20, smg's to 30, hunting and bolt action to 40....

Can not build a car until you learned the mechanic skill, can't build until you learned the craftman skill, cant repair weapons until gunsmith skill is achieved and so on... 

Maybe add level CAP zones in Chernarus. Need to be level 15 to enter this zone, 35 for this zone. That way you meet alikes with same gear and weapons instead of meeting a gang of 4, fully geared down by the coast. 

Maybe when you reach a certain level the coast is unaccesible.. Level 10 and above? 

I don’t know but something needs to be done. Back in the day i could get fully geared within 80 minutes from spawn... Now players are fully geared in 10 minutes. 

What is the point of anything if you don't need to fight for it? I'm not talking about duplicating or cheating, i'm talking about spawning, run through 3 MB's and you got what you need in terms of protection. Then you can spend 5-6 hours gathering tools and start building. 

Bring back RPG level system? 

I have to agree it would be a good mod to have fun 😂

In the base game I'm not sure but as a mod.... Oh boy I would download it asap !

Unfortunally we don't have mods for console. But i was thinking something like this to prevent the cheating and hoarding. 

I would have no problem with a leveling system, in fact... It would make it more fun. 

I wouldn't be happy about it in base game, but in world of mods anything is possible.

Personally i would not touch it 😄

Well i definitely can see the point of this topic. Back then on the 360, there was a indie game called Total Miner: Forge ... Yes, it was inspired by Minecraft, but was a 360 exclusive ( even before mc on consoles and its now on pc too ). The very small dev team created a awesome game, but the lead developer doesnt just wanted a mc clone or whatever, so he decided to add rpg elements, lvl system ( was optional for survival ), scripting and even wanted to build a infinite world generator, but with the end of the 360 Microsoft didnt gave greenlight for the One version unfortunately ( probably because of the mojang deal )...

Back to topic ( and sorry for my heartbroken ( lol ?! ) little text ): DayZ doesnt want ppl to limit their experience in a way. Its a sandbox with some set rules. Thats it.

But, if we could get our hands on mods, this might be possible.

3 minutes ago, xhardcorefishx said:

. Its a sandbox with some set rules. Thats it.

Care to list those rules? 

3 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

Care to list those rules? 

These set rules are all technical stuff:

Loot spawn, zeds etc

• Like 1

As others have said, this would be a terrible idea for the base game. Would definitely make an interesting mod.

Lets see what the devs have in store for the next update. They’ve promised fixes to the biggest problems.

On 6/19/2019 at 3:35 PM, bent.toe said:

Level system? 

Can not pick up an AKM before your character have reached level 50? 60?

You are locked to pistols and knives til level 10, shotguns to level 20, smg's to 30, hunting and bolt action to 40....

Can not build a car until you learned the mechanic skill, can't build until you learned the craftman skill, cant repair weapons until gunsmith skill is achieved and so on... 

Maybe add level CAP zones in Chernarus. Need to be level 15 to enter this zone, 35 for this zone. That way you meet alikes with same gear and weapons instead of meeting a gang of 4, fully geared down by the coast. 

Maybe when you reach a certain level the coast is unaccesible.. Level 10 and above? 

I don’t know but something needs to be done. Back in the day i could get fully geared within 80 minutes from spawn... Now players are fully geared in 10 minutes. 

What is the point of anything if you don't need to fight for it? I'm not talking about duplicating or cheating, i'm talking about spawning, run through 3 MB's and you got what you need in terms of protection. Then you can spend 5-6 hours gathering tools and start building. 

Bring back RPG level system? 

Worst idea ever. This game is about freedom and all it sounds like you want to do is restrict players to how you want the game played.

People are geared in 10 minutes because of the dupers. Otherwise the game is fine the way it plays. If you dont like it then you're always free to move on to The Division or something. Sounds honestly right up your alley.

I like the idea for leveling but not like that. More for your player to feel like you should live or a reason to live. Like have gun books that you can read to make your player have better aim, or the more you use your guns or melee weapons the better you get with it. Books to help you repair your gear faster also the more you do it the better you can get your gear. (Maybe even back to pristine.) Same for meds, cooking,driving ect... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Acids House said:

Worst idea ever. This game is about freedom and all it sounds like you want to do is restrict players to how you want the game played.

People are geared in 10 minutes because of the dupers. Otherwise the game is fine the way it plays. If you dont like it then you're always free to move on to The Division or something. Sounds honestly right up your alley.

LOL.. Hurt because the other thread. 

2 hours ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

I like the idea for leveling but not like that. More for your player to feel like you should live or a reason to live. Like have gun books that you can read to make your player have better aim, or the more you use your guns or melee weapons the better you get with it. Books to help you repair your gear faster also the more you do it the better you can get your gear. (Maybe even back to pristine.) Same for meds, cooking,driving ect... 

Yeah, exactly. 

Right now the only reason to live and what you actually loose is the clothes and weapons you carry. 

You don't loose skills acquired or level or anything else. 

• Beans 1

To some degree I like the idea. Could be something to prevent people having multiple accounts. On the other hand it can't be anything that gives a player with 1000 hours an advantage in core elements.

• Beans 1

47 minutes ago, nikoor said:

To some degree I like the idea. Could be something to prevent people having multiple accounts. On the other hand it can't be anything that gives a player with 1000 hours an advantage in core elements.

True, one of the appeals of this game to me is that its a level playing field. No pay to win dlc, no hard core gamers unlocking better gear just because they've played for longer. 

1 hour ago, nikoor said:

I got 600+ hours in the game and I got zero advantage other than knowing my way around. 

A level system and zone system would benefit all players IMO. You only meet likeminded and can not walk into a 50 level zone and get wrecked. You can't pick up a fully geared AKM as a level 3 player. 

6 hours ago, bent.toe said:

LOL.. Hurt because the other thread. 

By no means. You preemptively bowed out on that thread. Im not salty that you lie. I personally think you're salty. Dupers have poisoned you. Made you paranoid. And made you think it's a good idea to lock down the game in the most restrictive manner possible in order to force everyone to play like you want them to. This game is great the way it plays now. The problems are duping and ghosting. Locking the game down is not the solution. Fixing those exploits is the solution.

Edit: you think that having 600+ hours only gives you the advantage of knowing the map? That's a hilarious statement and just factually untrue. You know so much more about this game and how it works than someone with 40 hours. That's an advantage. I have 2000+ hours in this game going all the way back to the original mod release on PC. I promise I'm a sight better at this game because of that. I have quite an advantage due to experience over most players.

You literally just said you want to lock everyone down into their own zones according to level. "You only meet like minded people and can not walk into a level 50 zone" you want people to play in an echo chamber. You want to take away the freedom players have in this game. All because you're salty about getting wrecked by dupers. You realize this game is built around that freedom? People play this game because you can do and play whatever and however you want. We are all in the same boat when it comes to these exploiters. Seriously sounds like you just want to go play The Division.

Edited by Acids House

20 hours ago, bent.toe said:

I got 600+ hours in the game and I got zero advantage other than knowing my way around. 

A level system and zone system would benefit all players IMO. You only meet likeminded and can not walk into a 50 level zone and get wrecked. You can't pick up a fully geared AKM as a level 3 player. 

I dont like the zone idea or Levels for stuff to use. But i do thinks thinks the some sort of leveling or accolades for staying alive and using items should be in the game.

I don't care what they do in modded servers as long as they leave the vanilla game alone. 

• Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 4:27 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I don't care what they do in modded servers as long as they leave the vanilla game alone. 

This

Think I'll just get fallout 1&2 on my chrome book and call it a day. Just have to stop letting the potentially amazing game that infuriates us all stop bothering me.