ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.04.151915

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

We have now updated the Experimental Server Files, adding the patchnotes for the server changes.

IMPORTANT:

• Changed: Updated values and format of player spawn points (mandatory change, see cfgplayerspawnpoints.xml in dayzOffline.chernarusplus) - If you do not follow this change, new players on your server will spawn in the ocean!

Just diff'ed the XML files against stable and they are all the same.....

Does this explain why on exp you seem to keep spawning in the same place on different servers?

Ooops, you mean UPDATED AGAIN! lol Downloaded. Different now.

Edited by helpthedeadwalk

This is it, when I see the change log I got very excited. Sickness is slowly getting in action and now the medicines and pills have a purpose. Really good job. Also I like the new server hopping system, maybe this will prevent people from hopping. Now only two things remains for me. Functioning CARS and fixed duping. And then we will see the flourished servers again.

Sounds all good. But there is no mention on fixing the base gate issue. While raiding a base if you break a gate from the outside and try crawl through there is still a invisible wall..

That issue (gate force field) is addressed; if you encounter it, that's a gate old enough to pre date the fix.  It has to be torn down entirely and replaced, then it will work.

But what we want to know about, @ImpulZ, are the combination locks. Please. 😄

• Beans 1

That's incorrect. I can build a gate right now then break it from the outside and still has the same issue with the invisible wall. What your saying is a invisible wall when opening your own gate and having put to a item in the gate and take it out again in order for it to work. that's sorted granted but the issue I spoke about has not yet been fixed, or any mention of a fix.

Edited by Harry Edwards

4 minutes ago, Harry Edwards said:

That's incorrect. I can build a gate right now and still has the same issue with the invisible wall. What your saying is a invisible wall when opening your own gate and having put to a item in the gate and take it out again in order for it to work. that's sorted granted but the issue I spoke about has not yet been fixed, or any mention of a fix.

Well, then I am mistaken.  Let's keep asking here until we get some useful information about gates and combination locks.  The issues with them are drastically affecting group and base play.

• Beans 1

40 minutes ago, Tim Keyes said:

There's one really important thing not mentioned here:  Combination Locks.  Are they still broken? Will this patch fix them?

My entire squad immediately asked the same thing when this was posted.  "What about locks?"  Literally, that's what making people not want to play, and we aren't getting concrete information on such.

Will the combination locks work correctly and stable, like they used to be? 

ImpulZ, please?

The Combination Locks were taking way too long to be fixed so I added the code lock mod as a way to counter this until the fix. That mod works great.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyBravo2014 said:

The Combination Locks were taking way too long to be fixed so I added the code lock mod as a way to counter this until the fix. That mod works great.

How is the mod working? Stable? Any noticed issues?

43 minutes ago, Tim Keyes said:

Right, for about a month now.  Most of my squad has been waiting for this particular thing to be fixed, more than anything else.  Not seeing anything about it here.

Yes Its hard to wait for implementation of things. 

A whole month? Wow can you imagine if that would be 5-6 years?! Ow wait.....

@ImpulZ finally some good work in this patch. When can we expect the bow back in? Unlike a lock the bow has to be in for a base game. Locks, and gates are pvp oriented. 

• Confused 1
  • Beans 2

Just now, McWendy said:

Yes Its hard to wait for implementation of things. 

A whole month? Wow can you imagine if that would be 5-6 years?! Ow wait.....

@ImpulZ finally some good work in this patch. When can we expect the bow back in? Unlike a lock the bow has to be in for a base game. Locks, and gates are pvp oriented. 

We play on a non PVP server. Since we can't use lethal force on other players, the ability to lock things is a very important deterrent.  I realize this may not matter to you, but it does for our whole server. 🙂

I, too, miss the bow every day and want it back badly.  Spent a lot of downtime making extra arrows..

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

I'm getting a bug where when I log into a server I get the server list as an overlay on the screen and can't access my inventory.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

We have now updated the Experimental Server Files, adding the patchnotes for the server changes.

IMPORTANT:

• Changed: Updated values and format of player spawn points (mandatory change, see cfgplayerspawnpoints.xml in dayzOffline.chernarusplus) - If you do not follow this change, new players on your server will spawn in the ocean!

Hey ImpulZ with the addition of this new player spawn points system (more importantly the hopping spawns, does the hopping spawn use a location CLOSE to their original location when they logged off? I feel as though people are going to be significantly disappointed otherwise if they log off on Server #1 at NWAF and log on to Server #2 to be placed on the coast?

3 minutes ago, Tim Keyes said:

We play on a non PVP server. Since we can't use lethal force on other players, the ability to lock things is a very important deterrent.  I realize this may not matter to you, but it does for our whole server. 🙂

I, too, miss the bow every day and want it back badly.  Spent a lot of downtime making extra arrows..

I respect that. Didnt mean to go at you. 

• Like 1

I have walked away from DayZ because of the Dupping in this game. All the Features that are being put in is amazing and would love to try it. But Dupping is a Huge Problem that needs to be put at the top of the list. There is really no point anymore to play, while all the Duppers are freely active. I'm no programmer, But I'm sure if you add ID's to the items, and have the server delete the duplicated ID, would probable work. 

I do like the fact that ghosting is not going to be a thing. But hopes these spots are Random, and not a set location. I can see these areas being camp. What would be cool is to make them Fight for there life off of an Island and had to swim back lol. You know like when Spawning out at Debug island was a thing lol. 

I love to play Dayz, but I will wait and see what happens before I come back.

1 hour ago, Antonio2435 said:

Lol Xbox is still on 1.02, so are we going to get 1.03 and 1.04 at the same time or is 1.03 going to be the one released in july

They said in their PS4 release stream that consoles would go straight to 1.04 from 1.02, so you'll skip 1.03 entirely.

1 hour ago, Dorka said:

For some reason with 1.04 client I cannot see my own Dayz Experimental Server 1.04 in the LAN tab. I can see official/community server. I'm using the same config file I have previously used with my server. Anyone else having this issue?

Well this is weird. I can connect to my server only with the Launcher (adding my PC IP address & port). First the server kicked me off because some .pbo issue client vs server. I removed the "verifySignatures" from server config and now I can connect to it. It's still not showing in LAN tab when I quit the game.

Sorry for pestering you guys about something so small, but can you fix bandanas please? You can't tie them into face masks or hats, so they're unusable now (unless maybe for cutting up into rags?).

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Tim Keyes said:

Right, for about a month now.  Most of my squad has been waiting for this particular thing to be fixed, more than anything else.  Not seeing anything about it here.

BI isn't known for their communication skills. They'll fix something and not tell you, then a patch will come out and suddenly it's fixed...

I love that they are adding content, however fixing the existing problems on all platforms is more important imo. All of these new weapons aren't worth a damn though if only a handful of duper groups are controlling the supply. My group and I actively hunt down dupers and their bases but it's a never ending process now(not that I mind the combat dayz is one of few games that gives you such a satisfying firefight). Night needs to be fixed to see more then 10ft, night servers are virtually unplayable because of this. The server hopping spawn system will effectively kill the game for a short duration because of people leaving these night servers and getting caught by the new spawn points. Perhaps adding a moon phase cycle and star light to illuminate the night would be a better idea then the "personal night light" that doesnt work anyway. I love dayz even with all its faults, but I've seen may people put the game down because they cant play or get anything. We've given many assault and battle rifles away to bambis in Hope's of giving the rest of the community a fighting chance against game exploiters. I appreciate the effort going in but it feels like the dev's are either ignoring these bugs or are incapable of fixing them. Just my two cents though.

Bullets not registering while shooting zombies/people is still an issue!

On 6/18/2019 at 1:34 PM, ImpulZ said:
  • Fixed: Gas Stations can be blown up again

😻

Does anyone know if it's possible to use the offline mod for this, yet? Can't seem to work it out, myself.

4 hours ago, Tom_48_97 said:

The Experimental branch on the main steam app (DayZ) is no longer used. The experimental client is now available from the Steam app DayZ Experimental (in the Steam library).

Can we get an update on the critical game-breaking issue's listed below please? Thank you Tom.

1. Combination locks not working
  2. Cars randomly blowing 
  3. Cars randomly despawning

• Beans 2

Well, I put up an experimental server. The version is correct and my client matches it. I get this error when trying to connect to it: Client contains pbo that is not part of the server data

I verified my files and nothing had to be replaced. Everything was good.