Sign in to follow this  
protector

Lag

Whats the deal with this lag and the no one talking about it? Every server is the same and they have pings of 30-50. Everything appears fine until you see another player and they are just skipping metres at a time...something isn't right here and makes the game very difficult to play, especially with friends.

Edited by protector
added
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, protector said:

Whats the deal with this lag and the no one talking about it? Every server is the same and they have pings of 30-50. Everything appears fine until you see another player and they are just skipping metres at a time...something isn't right here and makes the game very difficult to play, especially with friends.

.60 brought big improvements in this for me (because: optimisation?). Now, post-.63, it's always the same. For an hour or so everything runs smoothly. But after that hour it's a nightmare of stuttering. Unplayable for PVE (and I've died to infected many times because of it), let alone PVP. 

The only way I can solve it is to restart my puter. Never seen an explanation. 

I don't experience this myself. Perhaps your CPU or GPU is overheating? Do you monitor the temps on your computer? Do you blow out the dust periodically? I don't run with other players so I can't speak on the skipping of others when playing with them, but with the infected I haven't had a problem.

Every member of my group was experiencing it. Its a lag within the game, we tried both community and official servers. Infected are fine, its other players.

Edited by protector

5 hours ago, protector said:

Im not sure you can call it lag, I have seen something like this with a friend of mine. His character seemed to literally float over the terrain, and on occasion he would be teleporting across the terrain. As you say appearing then vanishing then appearing 20 or 30 metres ahead. On other occasions we had the following .. .

498F47B9E2324874110B8D648DA1B9658D9FF9B0

In this picture we are crouch walking down the path. But he "appears" to be snow boarding . . . his legs did not move . .. all the way along this path

23 hours ago, aux7 said:

Im not sure you can call it lag, I have seen something like this with a friend of mine. His character seemed to literally float over the terrain, and on occasion he would be teleporting across the terrain. As you say appearing then vanishing then appearing 20 or 30 metres ahead. On other occasions we had the following .. .

498F47B9E2324874110B8D648DA1B9658D9FF9B0

In this picture we are crouch walking down the path. But he "appears" to be snow boarding . . . his legs did not move . .. all the way along this path

Exactly...odd player behaviour/desync that just makes the game ugly and unplayable from a PvP perspective. Seeing my teammates and other players move in slow motion and then speed up instantly is clearly messed up.