Sign in to follow this  
Thundermight

Base Protection

--- Quick disclaimer: English is not my 1st language, so mistakes will be made. ---

Hi, i was wondering, why don't we have some form of protect our base from people that uses other servers as "bridge"?
 I'm kinda new to dayz standalone, but i've played mod on 2012 (stoped cuz of hackers) alot and i remember basebuilding as one of the most requested features and now it's just a colossal fuck up. Even so it is the main reason people prefer community servers instead oficial ones. 
 I think it is reasonable to ask for something that just prevent people from see your base > log on another server> go inside > log back and steal everylittle thing. Just something to prevent that (and make it "harder" to destroy would be nice too) how be enough to bring back to oficial servers and (probably) some back to the game. I just bought dayz (like 1mouth ago) and i'm already about to quit because base building gives me a reason to play a "mission" and now it's simple pointless.
 And i can be sure that if this got fixed i could possibly bring most of my friends back to the game and probably i'm not the only one who would.

The devs plan to release a fix to this issue with the 1.04 for base hopping. But don't quote me and wait in case ^^

I don't get why you would want to build your base on an official server.  Those can get wiped at any time with no notice.  Wouldn't it be better to build on a community server?  Many of them are "basebuilder friendly" so to speak in that they try to wipe as infrequently as possible and since they are individual servers and not hived like on official, the hopping issue isn't a problem.  Find a good community server doing regular persistence backups and build it there, would be my advice.

Edited by drgullen

7 hours ago, drgullen said:

I don't get why you would want to build your base on an official server.  Those can get wiped at any time with no notice.  Wouldn't it be better to build on a community server?  Many of them are "basebuilder friendly" so to speak in that they try to wipe as infrequently as possible and since they are individual servers and not hived like on official, the hopping issue isn't a problem.  Find a good community server doing regular persistence backups and build it there, would be my advice.

I do agree with you, except for the fact that i haven't found yet that server. You see, there is always something "more" on community servers, like increased drop rates, double stamina and so on... And thats not what i wanted, i'm well aware of unnoticed wipes on oficial servers. When you say that "hopping issue ins't a problem" you are just trying to push whats good for you to me, but i'll be as clear as possible. I want people to "raid" my base with a hammer, or cut codelock with a hacksaw or whatever, i want them to wipe the server at will, i just don't want people stealing my stuff due server hopping, and, most important(for me), i want to stay on oficial servers.

There are vanilla community servers. I run two servers. One is modded and the other is 100% vanilla. Search for "Uncle Zed" in the server browser.

12 hours ago, Thundermight said:

I do agree with you, except for the fact that i haven't found yet that server. You see, there is always something "more" on community servers, like increased drop rates, double stamina and so on... And thats not what i wanted, i'm well aware of unnoticed wipes on oficial servers. When you say that "hopping issue ins't a problem" you are just trying to push whats good for you to me, but i'll be as clear as possible. I want people to "raid" my base with a hammer, or cut codelock with a hacksaw or whatever, i want them to wipe the server at will, i just don't want people stealing my stuff due server hopping, and, most important(for me), i want to stay on oficial servers.

I'm not trying to push anything on you at all -- just pointing out that issue isn't going to happen on a community server.  I can think of two vanilla community servers off the top of my head that are usually pretty populated -- TheRunningManZ and The Village.  I believe they allow base building as well.  Hopefully, Bohemia will at some point come up with a solution so that the issue goes away on official.

EDIT: I hit submit before I saw @BetterDeadThanZed post his server, so yeah, perhaps his server might work for you as well.

Edited by drgullen

On 6/16/2019 at 7:00 AM, Thundermight said:

--- Quick disclaimer: English is not my 1st language, so mistakes will be made. ---

Hi, i was wondering, why don't we have some form of protect our base from people that uses other servers as "bridge"?
 I'm kinda new to dayz standalone, but i've played mod on 2012 (stoped cuz of hackers) alot and i remember basebuilding as one of the most requested features and now it's just a colossal fuck up. Even so it is the main reason people prefer community servers instead oficial ones. 
 I think it is reasonable to ask for something that just prevent people from see your base > log on another server> go inside > log back and steal everylittle thing. Just something to prevent that (and make it "harder" to destroy would be nice too) how be enough to bring back to oficial servers and (probably) some back to the game. I just bought dayz (like 1mouth ago) and i'm already about to quit because base building gives me a reason to play a "mission" and now it's simple pointless.
 And i can be sure that if this got fixed i could possibly bring most of my friends back to the game and probably i'm not the only one who would.

Don't wait until the devs fix it, it might take years, just get your friends and play on a decent community server that only has one server, basehopping impossible

I am in the translator. So can not we back up our database on the official server?
So the official server exists more to play and kill a time, since everything will be fleeting.
I'm going to look for community servers then.

On 6/17/2019 at 1:46 PM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

There are vanilla community servers. I run two servers. One is modded and the other is 100% vanilla. Search for "Uncle Zed" in the server browser.

Supprised, didnt you run on exile in arma in the day bud? you used to script with me i think then.

6 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Supprised, didnt you run on exile in arma in the day bud? you used to script with me i think then.

I gave up Exile several years ago. The arrogance of the Exile community was too much for me. I even deleted all of my Arma 2 and Arma 3 modded scripts and files.