Box of Demons

Zombies do not play a big enough zole in a Zombie GAME or DayZ...

Zombies are really no threat at all. Can we not have faster runners.. more sensitive Zeds? Ones with weapons or Axes?

How about if a player dies there body becomes an Zed with that players kit?  Can we not have hordes? or Zeds in woods?

Zombies seems so insignificant within the Dayz world there dos'nt seem much reason to have them in the first place barring the lore.

• Thanks 1

https://streamable.com/005dh

One can only dream of this being in vanilla. Tbh all they need to do is rework the .xml file that contains all the spawns. If servers can't handle additional zombies just diversify spawn points and relocate zombies. Some remote villages and smallish towns have way too much zombies, those spawn points can be reduced and the spawns relocated to major cities, end-game military areas, basically any high traffic area.

Also see this thread: 

3 hours ago, repzaj1234 said:

https://streamable.com/005dh

One can only dream of this being in vanilla. Tbh all they need to do is rework the .xml file that contains all the spawns. If servers can't handle additional zombies just diversify spawn points and relocate zombies. Some remote villages and smallish towns have way too much zombies, those spawn points can be reduced and the spawns relocated to major cities, end-game military areas, basically any high traffic area.

Also see this thread: 

The servers can handle more "infected"  I run more than triple the number on my server when I choose to turn it on.  The servers can't handle more infected with sky towers built everywhere, a bazillion gunz thrown in, 100 cars ready to go and food galore everywhere.

Edit:  Just to add.  I also don't manually restart my server every 4 hours.  It runs for days until I shut it down.  Nothing ever disappears and server fps is always good

Edited by Guy Smiley
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

I'm preparing a new fully customisable zombie spawn system.

It can help in some ways.

Edited by Liven_28

7 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

The servers can handle more "infected"  I run more than triple the number on my server when I choose to turn it on.  The servers can't handle more infected with sky towers built everywhere, a bazillion gunz thrown in, 100 cars ready to go and food galore everywhere.

Edit:  Just to add.  I also don't manually restart my server every 4 hours.  It runs for days until I shut it down.  Nothing ever disappears and server fps is always good

Full servers can't handle it. 60 players, a private hive that is home to multiple faction bases and additional zombies do not play well. I believe DUG has been trying to add more infected but the additional AI just fucks with server performance.

A server with maybe 20-40 people, maybe.

What we need is zombies with firearms.  They don't even need to be proficient at all.  All they need to do is pull the trigger so a round fires off.  I mean, they're coordinated enough to 1-handed hurdle a tall fence easily.  Why not be able to squeeze an index finger via impulse?

Imagine passing through town and then hearing a gunshot.  Is that a player?  Is than an infected?  Let's make terror great again.  

6 hours ago, Parazight said:

What we need is zombies with firearms.  They don't even need to be proficient at all.  All they need to do is pull the trigger so a round fires off.  I mean, they're coordinated enough to 1-handed hurdle a tall fence easily.  Why not be able to squeeze an index finger via impulse?

Imagine passing through town and then hearing a gunshot.  Is that a player?  Is than an infected?  Let's make terror great again.  

The only problem with that idea is that the gun will get bugged in their hands, so they'll have to relog and then we'll have an infected-free world.  😋

Why not introduce Object Container Streaming into DayZ..??   It would immensely help with the performance issues and allow for a much greater allotment of spawnable items within the game world..  For example, more "Infected"  The idea for OCS is simple... The Server streams in all necessary items when it detects players in the vicinity, and the areas of the map that are not currently being used by players are pulled out.  This is done dynamically, and it saves a ton on CPU power, and increases Frame rates 10 fold.  Just a thought..

4 hours ago, xxDominion said:

Why not introduce Object Container Streaming into DayZ..??   It would immensely help with the performance issues and allow for a much greater allotment of spawnable items within the game world..  For example, more "Infected"  The idea for OCS is simple... The Server streams in all necessary items when it detects players in the vicinity, and the areas of the map that are not currently being used by players are pulled out.  This is done dynamically, and it saves a ton on CPU power, and increases Frame rates 10 fold.  Just a thought..

So, if you sit way outside of town and see infected there, you know someone is there.  Wasn't BI using this, like 10 years ago??  Turned out to be a bad idea.

13 hours ago, Parazight said:

So, if you sit way outside of town and see infected there, you know someone is there.  Wasn't BI using this, like 10 years ago??  Turned out to be a bad idea.

I know a game like Star Citizen uses it, and it helped immensely with performance and load on computers.  The Spawning distance wouldn't be so narrow as to make it happen in your example.  The area in use would be much larger, to avoid people being about to tell where others are by the zombie counts..  But, I believe that already happens in game.  I know the zombies tend to spawn in direct relation to how many players are in the area, whether you see them or not..

The infected or zombies or whatever people want to call them is a threat depending on the situation which can be one of many in dayz...their speed and their advantage of jumping over fences does make them a problem especially in big numbers.

I do not quite agree with this opinion.  Zombies are not a threat, but that's because a lot of server stamina have disabled and also spawn weapons very often.  But if you leave the stamina turned on and you lower the weapons spawn chance, the whole thing will be much more interesting.  At the same time, endurance means you can take less stuff with you.  I can only recommend to anyone who complains about how easy zombies are to act just try a hardcore server that meets the above criteria.

On 6/13/2019 at 6:25 PM, Guy Smiley said:

DayZ doesn't have zombies....

Then what does it have?

I wouldn't say zombies are very safe for the player. When a lot of zombies near the player  - this can be a problem. A week ago, I was armed and very dangerous. I had a lot of weapons with ammunition, but the zombies were able to destroy me very quickly, while I was recharging. Sometimes they kill very quickly, but most of the time they are not dangerous. Unpredictability! When the developers make the infection from zombie attacks - it will be really dangerous!