ImpulZ

New DayZ Experimental Apps available on Steam

11 hours ago, lex__1 said:

@ImpulZFor the pilot - you need a complete offline mission. It is almost useless if the player is not able to quickly check any content of their interaction, for upcoming updates. The only available offline mission does not provide the ability to respawn all content. For example, there is no respawn of NVG. Several times I tried to find the NVG on the military, teleporting from point to point, without successfully. I could not check the operation of the NVG and its interaction with other content. There is a lot of content that is inaccessible for free respawn. This is half the opportunity for a good experiment that will not give a complete picture of the upcoming updates. This will keep a high probability that the release of updates will bring unverified \ undetected errors into the release.
Spending a lot of time on identifying problems, with a probability of not getting the subject under test is tiring and will not be fully effective.

What ideas are there to solve this nuance?

To be fair NVGs were very common when 1.03 exp launched. I imagine many people playing got their hands on them. If you play exp like normal DayZ, you’ll find these things.

23 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

To be fair NVGs were very common when 1.03 exp launched. I imagine many people playing got their hands on them. If you play exp like normal DayZ, you’ll find these things. 

You can not experience all the content, or fully reproduce the problem, directly in the game on the server, for various reasons.

The conversation is about experimental and offline version. Search for errors and problems, or something to check, you need quick access to any content. It makes no sense to spend time searching for different items. The longer checks occur and explanations are created to reproduce the problem, the greater the chance of missing problems for release in the patch. Many problems may arise unexpectedly, and to reproduce this should be a quick way and access to the content.
Or do you not know that there is such an option offline mod, but there are some limitations? - A community made offline mod for DayZ Standalon

Edited by lex__1

14 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

You can not experience all the content, or fully reproduce the problem, directly in the game on the server, for various reasons.

The conversation is about experimental and offline version. Search for errors and problems, or something to check, you need quick access to any content. It makes no sense to spend time searching for different items. The longer checks occur and explanations are created to reproduce the problem, the greater the chance of missing problems for release in the patch. Many problems may arise unexpectedly, and to reproduce this should be a quick way and access to the content.
Or do you not know that there is such an option offline mod, but there are some limitations? - A community made offline mod for DayZ Standalon

And how do you test the rarity and spawn rate of items when you want them handed out to you?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

And how do you test the rarity and spawn rate of items when you want them handed out to you? 

I do not need to wait. Offline mod for DayZ Standalon - allows you to play any object instantly on the ground or in inventory. But not all content in the list is available. When I want to repeat the problem I encountered in a network game, I try to reproduce this problem and record the steps of reproducing the problem in Offline mod. This is a fast and reliable way to reproduce the problem of interaction and content work, but you need full access to the content. Now there is not available about 30-20% of items for fast respawn.

Edited by lex__1

On 6/15/2019 at 9:50 PM, lex__1 said:

The problem with that is it’s not a real experience of the game. The point of experimental is to iron out the bugs before stable. How are you supposed to provide valid feedback to reproduce a bug when you spawn items in yourself?

I understand it’s very difficult for one person to test all the new items on exp, but throw in hundreds of players, and they will experience all the new content between them.

Server feedback is important, too, which you cannot get playing offline.

Anyway, the offline mod is not officially endorsed by BI, so it’s unlikely they will make any significant changes to accommodate it. 

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy using the mod too, just to look at new things, but I’d never submit feedback to the devs after using it.

• Beans 1

i always thought that when game goes out early acces,its fully released game and we dont need anymore test the game...but still we are here testing the game...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kopo79 said:

i always thought that when game goes out early acces,its fully released game and we dont need anymore test the game...but still we are here testing the game...

The game was "fully" released minus much content. Content is **slowly** being added back to the game. I believe the reason for this was a change of game engine. I could be wrong on that point though.

Many games do have test servers for expansions and patch releases. So the testing, in and of itself, isn't unusual.

However, the way the terms "early access" and "full release" are used by BI regarding DayZ are definitely totally unique to DayZ.

Edited by Leah Snow
left a word out

5 hours ago, ThePugman said:

Anyway, the offline mod is not officially endorsed by BI, so it’s unlikely they will make any significant changes to accommodate it. 

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy using the mod too, just to look at new things, but I’d never submit feedback to the devs after using it. 

It is clear that not all problems can be tested in offline. But there is a big base of content which does not need network protocols for testing. For this reason I speak about it. Offline is necessary the Official way, it is necessary to have the tool or a mission for fast check of the problems connected with content and its functionality.   
My practice showed that if I receive a problem in a network game and I can reproduce it in the autonomous mode, the problem goes to feedback. If I receive a mistake in a network game and I cannot reproduce it in offline mode, I will not do the ticket. But to spend 3-4 hours (or more) in a game on the server, for search of a way of reproduction of any noticed errors in a network game - Absurdity. Objects for the repeated test and reproduction of a problem can often not be enough for you. Any circumstances of a network game, can prevent you to reproduce a problem with content repeatedly. It leads to the fact that the problem can remain for a long time on the test, or have not full information on reproduction.

• Like 1

ok got the experimental installed, but i don't see any available servers. wil there be a notification on when they are up?

Question: 

Will the official Experimental Servers come back online, specifically looking for the USA: CentralEast, SouthEast, NorthEast servers?

Thanks for any information.

Any chance of an E.T.A. of the 1.04 experimental servers?

Thanks! 😃

Edited by Leah Snow
Left out a word

1 hour ago, Leah Snow said:

Any chance of an E.T.A. of the 1.04 experimental servers?

Thanks! 😃

you usually see it (ok, I see it) on the DayZ twitter first . .. .

https://twitter.com/DayZ/status/1126889534241873920

currently nothing, maybe tomorrow morning . . . . for a weekend testing (fingers crossed)

Could you sort out the barbed wiring people could easily take it off your base without getting hurt?