Donovan Lartigue

Reset loot types

Hello guys!

We have a server wich start to be great, but I'm balacing the loot over the time, like if we see too much of something I reduce it.

I know that I have to delete the file in: mpmissions\DayZSurvival.chernarusplus\storage_1\data

But when we do that we loose all basecamp, I mean we only keep the stuff that we have with ourselves, no tants... 

Do you know how to make the loot reset without loosing our basecamp ?

Thanks!

I didn't tryed so it's only guesses !

Try to only delete the "Types.bin" inside the data folder ?

But I'll be honest... I think the loot and the base building is linked in the same files ^^'

On 6/12/2019 at 10:57 PM, Donovan Lartigue said:

Hello guys!

We have a server wich start to be great, but I'm balacing the loot over the time, like if we see too much of something I reduce it.

I know that I have to delete the file in: mpmissions\DayZSurvival.chernarusplus\storage_1\data

But when we do that we loose all basecamp, I mean we only keep the stuff that we have with ourselves, no tants... 

Do you know how to make the loot reset without loosing our basecamp ?

Thanks!

you need to remove everything but vehicles.bin mean to be saved. Loot is event type of spawn so events_* mean to be deleted. But tents and barrels is event too so if you wipe events files you will wipe all (custom) buildings on server.

Another way to look at this is don't delete anything -- the loot you are revising will change over time since most standard loot have preset lifetimes.  So, for example, if you felt there were too many bottles of motor oil in the world, reduce its nominal, min and max values in the types.xml and after a short period of time, you'll notice fewer of them available to be looted.  This way, you don't have to be deleting files or stopping/starting your server to change loot values.