HiroCheeseMuh1

Are You Part Of The Problem?

So I read and commented in another posting by another member in response to the duping issue  and what players do with the duped gear from players they have killed or from bases that they have raided.

This raises the question; if you come into possession of duped gear either via killing a cheater or a base raid, does keeping said gear make you a hero or a part of the problem? 

I mean yeah you took a cheaters duped gear and I’m sure that can give you a sense of accomplishment but end of the day isn’t the REAL problem, that because of duping the loot  economy is thrown off and therefore new loot does not spawn? So how does keeping the duped gear that you got from the cheaters help resolve the issue? 

The quick answer? IT DOESNT!

So the question begs, if you are someone who believes duping is a serious problem in DayZ and is ruining the game, if you truly feel that way then why aren’t you taking that duped gear and despawning it? How are you less of a problem if all you have done is transfered ownership of said duped gear? What’s worse is if you then take that gear and kill a player who isn’t cheating. 

If you truly think duping is bad for the game. If you truly feel like the unfair advantage afforded to the cheaters is a problem then why are you now walking around with that duped M4, Ak, Lar, VSD, ghillie suit, Winchester, CR, seachest, tent, etc? 

If all you have done is taken the duped gear for your own use then you’re as much of a part of the problem as the duper’s are no matter how or which way you try to justify it to yourself.

The other question is how do you know if the gears duped? I wouldn't know i don't get the chance to kill geared people much either due to 1- not being quipped to so and 2 - i don't go up that far 😂 

I once found geared stuff that was left in a house and took the back pack and ak and some clothing .... Was scared who ever left it would be back to ran away ahaha 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HiroCheeseMuh1 said:

So I read and commented in another posting by another member in response to the duping issue  and what players do with the duped gear from players they have killed or from bases that they have raided.

This raises the question; if you come into possession of duped gear either via killing a cheater or a base raid, does keeping said gear make you a hero or a part of the problem? 

I mean yeah you took a cheaters duped gear and I’m sure that can give you a sense of accomplishment but end of the day isn’t the REAL problem, that because of duping the loot  economy is thrown off and therefore new loot does not spawn? So how does keeping the duped gear that you got from the cheaters help resolve the issue? 

The quick answer? IT DOESNT!

So the question begs, if you are someone who believes duping is a serious problem in DayZ and is ruining the game, if you truly feel that way then why aren’t you taking that duped gear and despawning it? How are you less of a problem if all you have done is transfered ownership of said duped gear? What’s worse is if you then take that gear and kill a player who isn’t cheating. 

If you truly think duping is bad for the game. If you truly feel like the unfair advantage afforded to the cheaters is a problem then why are you now walking around with that duped M4, Ak, Lar, VSD, ghillie suit, Winchester, CR, seachest, tent, etc? 

If all you have done is taken the duped gear for your own use then you’re as much of a part of the problem as the duper’s are no matter how or which way you try to justify it to yourself.

Lol, well the point of going after dupers is to despawn all the gear that they have duped, I would be in favor though of upgrading your own gear "on character" then despawning the other duped gear in the stash

I previously posted where I was asking for opinions on giving away a couple rifles found in stashes to other players that have not had any of these LAR/M4/KAM/VSD etc... but have since decided to just despawn the lot as I dont know if the player I'm handing one of these items to is going to dupe it or not, there were a couple good comments but decided to just stick to the original plan and respawn the lot as usual.

Currently it would be alot easier if the seachest's and tents could be ruined with all the gear stored and despawned as now none of the tents or seachests can be ruined, possibly something BI can look into?

3 minutes ago, FearFokkol said:

“.... I would be in favor though of upgrading your own gear "on character" then despawning the other duped gear in the stash...”

But herein lies the problem. Upgrading yourself or others simply because you or the other players haven’t had a chance to use those guns yet is just transferring ownership and maintaining the problem. 

Im glad you chose to just despawn the found duped gear in the end but policing and/or wagging fingers at duper’s for taking advantage of an opportunity becomes null and void if you’ve rationalized your own decision to take advantage. 

1 hour ago, HiroCheeseMuh1 said:

But herein lies the problem. Upgrading yourself or others simply because you or the other players haven’t had a chance to use those guns yet is just transferring ownership and maintaining the problem. 

Im glad you chose to just despawn the found duped gear in the end but policing and/or wagging fingers at duper’s for taking advantage of an opportunity becomes null and void if you’ve rationalized your own decision to take advantage. 

Lol, there is no problem with upgrading my SKS etc.. for one of the LAR/M4/KAM rifles found in dupers stash, I would then ruin and despawn all their other loot, I have been hunting duper bases for quite a while now as that basically what I do currently in DayZ, I have found alot of tents, seachests duped and filled with mil rifles which I could have stashed and handed out to other players that have mentioned that there are none of these spawning, but had rather done the right thing to despawn lot, so currently I don't find it being an issue to upgrade my primary rifle which would be one of the "civilian" firearms for one of these 😀

I don't think that there are any players on DayZ "Legit" players that wouldn't upgrade their characters inventory "gear" from a dupers stash, now if they despawn the other loot, maybe not, don't know considering that these don't respawn until the duping patch fix as mentioned by BI that they are testing, but this is the same as if an ungeared player beats a geared player, the ungeared player would definitely upgrade their inventory with the geared players loot, duped or not, however I do agree with most of your original post 👍

Edited by FearFokkol
  • Like 1

Ok so according to you people who play legit arent allowed to keep gear theyve earned by killing dupers(except maybe one kit) and we cant loot the guns legitly because of the dupers.

So when I die to a meatballer or 4 guys with plate carriers and LARs Im screwed.  

Were past the point of destroying gear and fixing the loot economy ourselves.  We are screwed until the devs do something. 

I for one will keep my stashes of guns so I continue to fight these bastards and get what little enjoyment the coast has to offer until we get a wipe.

I cant wait for a wipe but that fact is if they dont fix duping these same pricks are going to server hop the first week until they have every item and dupe them all over again.  If it doesnt affect the loot tables the same and guns still spawned itd be one thing but in its current state not duping, meatballing or any of other scumbaggy stuff will have to be good enough.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FearFokkol said:

Lol, there is no problem with upgrading my SKS etc.. for one of the LAR/M4/KAM rifles found in dupers stash, I would then ruin and despawn all their other loot, I have been hunting duper bases for quite a while now as that basically what I do currently in DayZ, I have found alot of tents, seachests duped and filled with mil rifles which I could have stashed and handed out to other players that have mentioned that there are none of these spawning, but had rather done the right thing to despawn lot, so currently I don't find it being an issue to upgrade my primary rifle which would be one of the "civilian" firearms for one of these 😀

I don't think that there are any players on DayZ "Legit" players that wouldn't upgrade their characters inventory "gear" from a dupers stash, now if they despawn the other loot, maybe not, don't know considering that these don't respawn until the duping patch fix as mentioned by BI that they are testing, but this is the same as if an ungeared player beats a geared player, the ungeared player would definitely upgrade their inventory with the geared players loot, duped or not, however I do agree with most of your original post 👍

I agree with this.

If you find what you suspect as an obviously duped stash(es) and keep one rifle, then destroy the other 9, you’re helping the cause. If we compound that with 9 others doing the same thing, that’s 10 rifles held, while 90 are sent back into the CLE.

Edited by Nayte
Typo
  • Thanks 1

I have always ruined any duped gear I come across but that in itself is almost pointless, the CLE is so broke. By this point most servers have 10x the amount of AR's duped on them so you could literally spend all week destroying them and they still wont spawn naturally. I choose the next most obvious option , stop playing the game until it works as advertised. I appreciate the hard work the devs put in but I enjoy hardcore survival games with a steep skill curve based on exploration, map knowledge & mechanics knowledge. Right now DayZ is pointless for me until there's a solid fix for these issues.

Edited by TheYetiBum
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Beans 1

The game is broken and fixing it is completely out of our hands.

You can be a good guy and despawn the loot or refuse to use it but it won't make a difference.

I've been  bouncing around dayz community Facebook groups and it appears lots of players have 2 or more "Alt accounts" where they store their gear. This is duped over and over to their other characters when one of them dies.

Try hard factions are also to blame as they often have a uniform and given they want to complete with other factions they need weapons so they have plenty of members duping kits.

Right now I've been spawning on the coast and looting myself to a LAR within 15 minutes the few weeks by killing or finding a tent city which are everywhere.

The duping fix has to be implemented and a HARD WIPE to kill all the alt accounts.

Extreme pubg is fun but it's not Dayz.

Over to you Bohemia 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

I have always ruined any duped gear I come across but that in itself is almost pointless, the CLE is so broke. By this point most servers have 10x the amount of AR's duped on them so you could literally spend all week destroying them and they still wont spawn naturally. I choose the next most obvious option , stop playing the game until it works as advertised. I appreciate the hard work the devs put in but I enjoy hardcore survival games with a steep skill curve based on exploration, map knowledge & mechanics knowledge. Right now DayZ is pointless for me until there's a solid fix for these issues.

2 hours ago, awalsh47 said:

The game is broken and fixing it is completely out of our hands.

You can be a good guy and despawn the loot or refuse to use it but it won't make a difference.

I've been  bouncing around dayz community Facebook groups and it appears lots of players have 2 or more "Alt accounts" where they store their gear. This is duped over and over to their other characters when one of them dies.

Try hard factions are also to blame as they often have a uniform and given they want to complete with other factions they need weapons so they have plenty of members duping kits.

Right now I've been spawning on the coast and looting myself to a LAR within 15 minutes the few weeks by killing or finding a tent city which are everywhere.

The duping fix has to be implemented and a HARD WIPE to kill all the alt accounts.

Extreme pubg is fun but it's not Dayz.

Over to you Bohemia 

This^ that is all that can be said to op. Loot tables are absolutely fucked and there are more guns hidden away on every server than you will ever have time to find and eradicate before more are duped 1000 times over.

• Sad 1

Too many to quote so I will quote myself:

9 hours ago, HiroCheeseMuh1 said:

• Beans 1

Group of guys duping one gun into two, two into four, then eight, then sixteen....and that only took 30 minutes. They've had 2 weeks. Somehow the guys that find these camps and just personally gear are part of the problem? No man they just want to play the game they paid full price to play and unfortunately now the only way to do that at this point is to gear up at these camps. I'm writing you off as a troll. There is no way you can legit be this ignorant.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

This is why privated hives and modded servers are the best. Alot less bullshit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, HiroCheeseMuh1 said:

There are so many stashes on each server looting a duper isn't going to make a blind bit of difference to anything. 

So if I kill a duper, destroy all of their stuff all they're going to do is run to a buried dry bag and re-stock themselves with the exact kit they have just lost and guess what, they will more than likely dupe again to replace the replacement loot. 

Whatever I find by playing the game legit I will keep because I've made the effort to travel the map and if I stumble upon a sea chest full of stuff I'll take what I need the same way I would do if duping was not an issue.

I'm honestly not sure if you're trying to get a rise out of people by making stupid statements like this but personally I think you're talking bollocks!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tino81 said:

destroy all of their stuff all they're going to do is run to a buried dry bag and re-stock themselves with the exact kit they have just lost and guess what, they will more than likely dupe again to replace the replacement loot.

This is exactly the same thing I came across at Orlovets Factory,

I was busy looting and looking for a hatchet at the garages there which I found nothing, so then ran up to the Barn/Warehouse building to check and just behind security building I spotted something odd in the bushes, so went to check and it was two "packed" tents "medium and car tent" in the bush, so I picked them up and put them in the field, I also found a drybag that was buried close by which contained "Fully kitted and ghillie wrapped M4, two full M4 mags, a olive/green field vest, Mil boots with combat knife and a bandit mask".

I assume that with all this stashed there due to the gunfire at Solnichniy Factory and town that this was a backup set which would have obviously been duped as a set then stashed again because the M4 like many other Mil rifles is a very rare spawn and thats if it respawns as previously posted, the Mil gear duped on all the servers are by far more than DB tables allow to respawn, so by despawning this M4, another basically wont respawn anywhere.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, liquidcactus said:

This is why privated hives and modded servers are the best. Alot less bullshit. 

Please................ Yes yes we console players all know dayz is better on PC. Trust me if i could afford a top end PC i would. Untill then imma stick to a $400 console and play this fucking game untill dayz 2.😂😂

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Please................ Yes yes we console players all know dayz is better on PC. 

I wasnt aware this was a console specific debate. (i didnt see it was in the sexbox forums)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, liquidcactus said:

I wasnt aware this was a console specific debate. (i didnt see it was in the sexbox forums)

Kinky 

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Please................ Yes yes we console players all know dayz is better on PC. Trust me if i could afford a top end PC i would. Untill then imma stick to a $400 console and play this fucking game untill dayz 2.😂😂

You really dont need a top end pc to play this game. You can easily build your own pc for a little more than your console . ..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, aux7 said:

You really dont need a top end pc to play this game. You can easily build your own pc for a little more than your console . ..

Yea but i want more then just this game. ARMA with most of the mods and at least 3 or 4 maybe 10 other games plus a top end graphics card most of those are at least 300 to a grand.

5 hours ago, Nayte said:

Kinky 

😂😂😂😂 thats what i was thinking as well buddy. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Yea but i want more then just this game. ARMA with most of the mods and at least 3 or 4 maybe 10 other games plus a top end graphics card most of those are at least 300 to a grand.

I dont know which xbox you have, but at some point, surely you will be upgrading?

xbox 1s    $199 to $300

xbox 1x    $399  to $499

this is the pc I am building for my mother . ..  beats xbox 1x on all counts and should last her for the next ten years

(no she doesnt game, the cpu, ram and graphics card are for me when I visit) This pricing could be squeezed more if you went to the minimum dayz spec, or if you went AMD.

you could cut

$60 off this by going to the gtx1060 and be equivalent to the xbox 1 x

$30 off going to 8GB ram at 2666

This would play any game you care to throw at it. . .  . I currently play arma 3 on a ten year old pc . . .. which is about xbox 1x equivalent

H2e59pD.png

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

On 6/14/2019 at 1:29 AM, aux7 said:

So we are getting this topic off topic, an i dont wanna get this guys post blocked by admins 👀 👀  but im on xbox one x an will be upgrading to the Scarlett when it drops. The PC i want needs to have a bunch of memory tho cuz like i said i want more then just one or 2 games at least 10 that i know of plus mods. Also the best of the best graphics cuz i will be running it off my TV, Not a monitor. But PM me cuz i am interested in building the PC i want.

On 6/12/2019 at 4:10 PM, Nayte said:

I agree with this.

If you find what you suspect as an obviously duped stash(es) and keep one rifle, then destroy the other 9, you’re helping the cause. If we compound that with 9 others doing the same thing, that’s 10 rifles held, while 90 are sent back into the CLE.

I have one question, though.......what is the fastest way to "despawn" items?  Sure, you can load up a backpack full of shit and run it out into the woods, but that's 4 hours of it sitting around before anything happens.  I know that weapons would despawn if you were holding them then surrendered, but I don't know if that was ever fixed....so if NOT, does that work for anything being held in your hands and surrendering?

On 6/14/2019 at 9:29 AM, aux7 said:

..//..
this is the pc I am building for my mother
..//..

lucky mum
Looks pretty SANE to me.. 

If I were doing it :
- perhaps more live memory?
- perhaps a second standard hard disk for storage capacity ? - then focus your SSD on the OS and running the live game files?

But your setup is def correct as it stands. .. totally

[ lol - I'm running DayZ on an Athlon 64 dual core 6400+, windows 7, Radeon RX 480, 8 GB memory - got 4 hard drives of games & videos & work - and an SSD to run live files. I have a quad core with better graphics right next to this but I can't be bothered to locate DayZ on that. It's fine as it stands. ]

Fixed configuration consoles will always have difficulty competing with design-as-you like medium-to-top PCs. 
- IF what you are REALLY LOOKING FOR is Performance.