Acids House

Serious question about combat logging..

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

You're wasting your time with him. He's just trolling. 

I dont need to troll when people cant logically think with common sense.....so dont call someone a troll because they think like you have a nice day.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, BeyonderG0D said:

I dont need to troll when people cant logically think with common sense.....so dont call someone a troll because they think like you have a nice day.

And that sentence makes perfect sense, right? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Flyingpapaya said:

My guess is you're probably a dupper too.

Not really thats likely @DayzDayzFanboy

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

And that sentence makes perfect sense, right? 

Tell me how I'm a troll because I'll wait to see what you know about what a trolls does or what a troll is.

1 minute ago, BeyonderG0D said:

Tell me how I'm a troll

<groan>

" Do they not see the vast variety of inclinations and pursuits among our species; where each man seems fully satisfied with his own course of life, and would esteem it the greatest unhappiness to be confined to that of his neighbor? Do they not feel in themselves, that what pleases at one time, displeases at another, by the change of inclination; and that it is not in their power, by their utmost efforts, to recall that taste or appetite, which formerly bestowed charms on what now appears indifferent or disagreeable? 

Do you come to a philosopher as to a cunning man, to learn something by magic or witchcraft, beyond what can be known by common prudence and discretion? "

20 minutes ago, BeyonderG0D said:

Not really thats likely @DayzDayzFanboy

Tell me how I'm a troll because I'll wait to see what you know about what a trolls does or what a troll is.

English clearly isn't your first language so I will make allowances for that. But the fact remains that you're exploiting the game and you seem fine with that. I personally feel that it's people like you that should be banned for using these exploits. Your reasons for wanting to keep the log out time short are purely to allow you to use the game exploit more effectively at the expense of a more robust game for the rest of the player base who want to play legitimately. I'll happily discuss the pro's and con's of game mechanics all day long, but not with someone who just wants to cheat. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

English clearly isn't your first language so I will make allowances for that. But the fact remains that you're exploiting the game and you seem fine with that. I personally feel that it's people like you that should be banned for using these exploits. Your reasons for wanting to keep the log out time short are purely to allow you to use the game exploit more effectively at the expense of a more robust game for the rest of the player base who want to play legitimately. I'll happily discuss the pro's and con's of game mechanics all day long, but not with someone who just wants to cheat. 

>English isnt my first language

>Been writing and reading in english the entire time.

Ooof sounds like something a troll would say.

Ok firstly lets all see the defintion of what a game exploit is before throwing big words......

In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, speed or level design etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.

Now lets see......by this "definition" the intention of "logging off" is directly from the game designers correct? Not a bug or a glitch right? Not a coding error right? So how am I abusing something they directly made for players? Purposely for the use of the players?

You want players like me?.......banned because you dont like the logical methods or the logical reasonings behind it? Like seriously man you sound triggered over a trivial concept anyone can use and no one has been banned for it correct? If so list the people banned for using something the DEVS themselves made! Please show me! And if you cant list bans based on just logging off to "survive" (the MAIN purpose and OBJECTIVE of the game.) Then get off that subject.

Also my reasonsings are also pointblank something thats has been happening in the game for years even on PS4 someone did it to me and my friends when we tried to take him hostage and you know what we praised the man for being smart and combat logging to avoid conflict or losing his stuff.

Pros? Oh right the pros of someone saving their characters life? To survive? To live to fight another day?

Cons? Snowflakes being upset they didnt get a kill based on assumed kosing? 

(See how I can easily do pros and cons of game mechanic usage?)

You obviously cant have a discussion with someone that it was made very clearly when you tried to target ones "language" and call others "Trolls" without any knoweldge of the definition since you know...dodging my point of you not knowing what a troll is and proving it.

So ima wait for someone with REAL arguments against my reasonings not baseless opinions.

And oh a trolls purpose is someone or a group of peoples purpose to incite hostile and derailing behaviour to create nonsense since you dodged my point so again Im going to be the mature one and and discontinue any further arguments with you until I see something worth discussing against have a nice day. 👍

(Edit: Laugh react the post i dont really care Im not here for childish discussions.)

Edited by BeyonderG0D
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

<groan>

" Do they not see the vast variety of inclinations and pursuits among our species; where each man seems fully satisfied with his own course of life, and would esteem it the greatest unhappiness to be confined to that of his neighbor? Do they not feel in themselves, that what pleases at one time, displeases at another, by the change of inclination; and that it is not in their power, by their utmost efforts, to recall that taste or appetite, which formerly bestowed charms on what now appears indifferent or disagreeable? 

Do you come to a philosopher as to a cunning man, to learn something by magic or witchcraft, beyond what can be known by common prudence and discretion? "

I just got off a 14hr 20min shift and since this has nothing to do with the current situation ima just ignore your mention of my comment no offense.

46 minutes ago, BeyonderG0D said:

ima just ignore your mention of my comment no offense.

duh - you' going to ignore my mention by quoting it or quote it to ignore it ??

I was interested by your use of "common sense" - you have the definition askew IMO. 

AND here's mine :

Shaftesbury's seminal 1709 essay Sensus Communis: An Essay on the Freedom of Wit and Humour was a highly erudite and influential defense of the use of irony and humour in serious discussions, at least among men of "Good Breeding". He drew upon authors such as Seneca, Juvenal, Horace and Marcus Aurelius, for whom, he saw, common sense was not just a reference to widely held vulgar opinions, but something cultivated among educated people living in better communities. One aspect of this, later taken up by authors such as Kant, was good taste. Another very important aspect of common sense particularly interesting to later British political philosophers such as Francis Hutcheson was what came to be called moral sentiment, which is different from a tribal or factional sentiment, but is a more general fellow feeling that is very important for larger communities.

And this is exactly the POINT of a logout delay - you are playing an MMO you are NOT playing a solo game.

got it ?

1 minute ago, pilgrim* said:

duh - you' going to ignore my mention by quoting it or quote it to ignore it ??

I was interested by your use of "common sense" - you have the definition askew IMO. 

AND here's mine :

Shaftesbury's seminal 1709 essay Sensus Communis: An Essay on the Freedom of Wit and Humour was a highly erudite and influential defense of the use of irony and humour in serious discussions, at least among men of "Good Breeding". He drew upon authors such as Seneca, Juvenal, Horace and Marcus Aurelius, for whom, he saw, common sense was not just a reference to widely held vulgar opinions, but something cultivated among educated people living in better communities. One aspect of this, later taken up by authors such as Kant, was good taste. Another very important aspect of common sense particularly interesting to later British political philosophers such as Francis Hutcheson was what came to be called moral sentiment, which is different from a tribal or factional sentiment, but is a more general fellow feeling that is very important for larger communities.

And this is exactly the POINT of a logout delay - you are playing an MMO you are NOT playing a solo game.

got it ?

Got the fact its a game feature and people getting salty over it doesnt mean much to me whatsoever if it was an issue the devs would have been something and they havent.

Edited by BeyonderG0D

1 minute ago, BeyonderG0D said:

Again with nonsense man.

don't get over hyped this is your first week

Just now, pilgrim* said:

don't get over hyped this is your first week

Ok

• Beans 1

True story someone tried to kill me when I was a fresh spawn they knocked me and I logged to save my life so  battle logging is a great thing . 

3 hours ago, Lee Hafer said:

True story someone tried to kill me when I was a fresh spawn they knocked me and I logged to save my life so  battle logging is a great thing . 

Why would you combat log as a fresh spawn?

• Like 1

I just don't get why people do it. What's the point of playing the game if you're going to combat log every time someone takes a shot at you. It's a multi player game. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Lee Hafer said:

Try thinking about it in another way. Dayz is all about the encounters. I've been knocked unconscious twice. The first time I was at a heli crash. Some guy camping it took thirty badly aimed shots before he knocked me. I waited to die but regained consciousness. Picked up some loot and legged it. 

The second time was at Rify. Never heard the shot. When I woke up four geared guys had me tied up. After chatting a while they untied me, replaced my damaged gear and gave me a .45, clip, ammo and suppressor. I went on my way in a better state than before the encounter. 

My point is, not every hostile encounter results in death and sometimes you come out on top. That's what the game is about though. You wouldn't combat log in any other game so why do it on a game that is ALL ABOUT the encounters?

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 1

Jokes on you buddy beyondergod.

Added: Mitigation of so called server hopping on public hives (when player changes the server, hopping spawn point is used instead of last log off position)

14 hours ago, Acids House said:

Why would you combat log as a fresh spawn?

Answer is because I was knocked and needed health so I logged and left to a new server as well why do people camp new spawns that would e the real question . 

2 hours ago, Lee Hafer said:

Answer is because I was knocked and needed health so I logged and left to a new server as well why do people camp new spawns that would e the real question . 

Because different people play different ways. Some people help you out, some hold you up, some murder you, some hide in the woods. It would be a pretty dull game if nobody ever took a shot at you. Where is the risk? Where is the tension? Maybe you'll enjoy solo offline mode of it ever comes to console. 

7 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Because different people play different ways. Some people help you out, some hold you up, some murder you, some hide in the woods. It would be a pretty dull game if nobody ever took a shot at you. Where is the risk? Where is the tension? Maybe you'll enjoy solo offline mode of it ever comes to console. 

Not really people don't help people think DayZ is only pvp and they forget about the environment and zoms  so they get looted and act like dicks and camp the spawn zones to kill fresh spawns. 

2 hours ago, Lee Hafer said:

Not really people don't help people think DayZ is only pvp and they forget about the environment and zoms  so they get looted and act like dicks and camp the spawn zones to kill fresh spawns. 

Well I free had more positive encounters than negative. Either way, combat logging is a cop out. I really hope BI introduce mechanics to punish people who do it.