Acids House

Serious question about combat logging..

Couldn't combat logging be prevented if any disconnect caused your character to automatically enter the 15 second cool down timer? You exit the game but your character sits down on the server and persists there for 15 seconds.

2 hours ago, Acids House said:

Couldn't combat logging be prevented if any disconnect caused your character to automatically enter the 15 second cool down timer? You exit the game but your character sits down on the server and persists there for 15 seconds.

Isn't that what it is now?

58 minutes ago, Anyeurysm said:

Isn't that what it is now?

Yeah, that’s the system we currently have in place. 

15 seconds is a bit too short imo, it should be closer to 60 seconds.

3 hours ago, Nayte said:

Yeah, that’s the system we currently have in place. 

15 seconds is a bit too short imo, it should be closer to 60 seconds.

Yeah....no 10 seconds at best not 60.

Combat logging is the sudden disconnection from the internet. Whether it's by turning off the game/system or pulling the plug. I was under the impression that you did not persist on the server for 15 seconds under these circumstances. Only when you use the menu to disconnect do you persist for 15 seconds. (This is how I thought it worked and why combat logging was a problem) I'm ok with being wrong. I would rather understand the issue than think I do.

Edited by Acids House

1 hour ago, BeyonderG0D said:

Nope, that's way too short. Even if you sprinted towards an enemy the instant they DC'd, you still would not be able to reach someone that was only 75 meters away before he disappeared. Most combat logging seems to happen when someone is trapped in a building or hidden behind some other kind of cover. Can you reach them in only 10 seconds? You probably don't even realize they're logging off inside their room. Longer is better. It used to be 30 seconds. But even better is a decent basic time, plus a much longer combat timer when certain actions have occurred nearby/recently, such as shots fired, damage taken, etc.

3 hours ago, BeyonderG0D said:

There’s nothing negative with a longer disconnect timer, unless of course you’re finding yourself constantly logging out for some reason...

1 hour ago, Nayte said:

There’s nothing negative with a longer disconnect timer, unless of course you’re finding yourself constantly logging out for some reason...

School....work....family time....sleep....many reasons.

2 hours ago, BeyonderG0D said:

Over a measly 60 seconds...really?

Just log out a minute before you usually would. Profit.

It negatively affects his server hopping and combat logging.

Should be at least a minute. Maybe longer if you force quit the game.

3 hours ago, Nayte said:

Over a measly 60 seconds...really?

Just log out a minute before you usually would. Profit.

And whats wrong with 10 seconds? 60 seconds is far to long to wait. 

14 minutes ago, BeyonderG0D said:

Perhaps you need to learn some patience then. 

• Like 1

make the character yawn out loud for the minute too

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

7 hours ago, BeyonderG0D said:

That point was addressed by @-Gews- earlier.

I can see there’s no changing your mind, that’s ok, these discussions are what the forums are for.

On 6/13/2019 at 6:34 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Perhaps you need to learn some patience then. 

I have patience hence why i play the game whenever I can. 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 6/13/2019 at 2:05 PM, Nayte said:

That point was addressed by @-Gews- earlier.

I can see there’s no changing your mind, that’s ok, these discussions are what the forums are for.

I've failed to see a logical reasoning got a minute of waiting to log off this vame whatsoever.

What if many in-game mechanics kills the characters? Imo starvation? Thirst? Bleeding out? Very low health etc.

10-15 seconds is very much reasonable.

25 minutes ago, BeyonderG0D said:

I have patience hence why i play the game whenever I can. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I've failed to see a logical reasoning got a minute of waiting to log off this vame whatsoever.

What if many in-game mechanics kills the characters? Imo starvation? Thirst? Bleeding out? Very low health etc.

10-15 seconds is very much reasonable.

In game mechanics that kill you during a one minute log out? Are you likely to log out if you're bleeding to death?? I could only imagine combat loggers doing that, so another good reason to extend the time. Its a small price to pay to discourage players who practice such behaviour. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy

23 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

In game mechanics that kill you during a one minute log out? Are you likely to log out if you're bleeding to death?? I could only imagine combat loggers doing that, so another good reason to extend the time. Its a small price to pay to discourage players who practice such behaviour. 

Thats what you believe because I dont see the time ever changing.

If Im in a fire fight or zombies cause me to bleed and I chose to combat logic then logically its fair to the player.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, BeyonderG0D said:

If Im in a fire fight or zombies cause me to bleed and I chose to combat logic then logically its fair to the player.

Lol, OK, if you're a combat logger our conversation has ended. 

12 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Lol, OK, if you're a combat logger our conversation has ended. 

Good I hate talking to immaturity anyway.

• Haha 1

On 6/13/2019 at 5:19 AM, BeyonderG0D said:

Why wait for the timer when you can just log out?

14 hours ago, BeyonderG0D said:

You die.

13 hours ago, BeyonderG0D said:

Not fair at all.  You shoot at someone , they come at you, and then you want your 10sec log off.

On 6/12/2019 at 11:49 PM, BeyonderG0D said:

Your personal life has nothing to do with the development of this game.

58 minutes ago, Atom Quark said:

Why wait for the timer when you can just log out?

You die.

Not fair at all.  You shoot at someone , they come at you, and then you want your 10sec log off.

Your personal life has nothing to do with the development of this game.

1. Log out appearently doesnt work on consoles I tried and lost my character before.

2. Not all tbe time.

3. 10-15 seconds or not its a basic strategy because not everyone want to go into a conflict.

4. Kinda does when personal life interferes with playing with friends or letting out stress I thought that response I made was common sense.

You're a combat logger, you want to be able to log out during a dicey situation. Choose more wisely and you won't have to. This isn't a run and gun game without consequences. It's a logical decision to increase log out time. 

Maybe cod or bf would be better suited for you.

Edited by Flyingpapaya

49 minutes ago, Flyingpapaya said:

You're a combat logger, you want to be able to log out during a dicey situation. Choose more wisely and you won't have to. This isn't a run and gun game without consequences. It's a logical decision to increase log out time. 

Maybe cod or bf would be better suited for you.

You're wasting your time with him. He's just trolling. 

2 hours ago, Flyingpapaya said:

for me on pc, its fifteen seconds. personally I dont really care if someone logs, mostly I dont shoot people so I dont see it. When people engage me, mostly they are campers and I die. This attitude (not shooting people) is under review, too many people shoot on sight >70%

What would bother me (if I was engaging) is if someone logs and then comes back ten minutes later and shoots you. What could be done is not to extend the logout time (because if someone is going to log, they will), but set the log in time to one hour later. How would that be? That fixes the people wanting to immediately log off for personal reasons, and stops people combat logging for strategic advantage.

To reduce duping, set the server to hard save the character, before offering the logout (fast or slow) option.

Crashing the server, set everyone to the beach and wipe (making it clear that this is what will happen, assuming current server crashes for other issues is fixed).

Ghosting/server hopping, Ive said it before,  you want to hop servers, youre going to the beach (fully equipped).

Edited by aux7