Seen it All

Footwear

I was wondering the same thing, my character still has the same green trainers on that he spawned with and still good.

Some are quieter, bare foot the best for silent but you will start to bleed. Boots with the knife slot are my footwear of choice.....

• Like 1

Each clothing item has individual stats - Weight, Absorbency, Durability, Insulation, Protection

So your base stock athletic trainers you start with, will get wetter faster if you stand in water, but they weigh less giving you more stamina. Some shoes are almost waterproof, Some shoes will keep your feet warmer and dryer when it’s raining keeping your body temp up than others. Pretty much all shoes don’t have much damage mitigation but between them some are higher than others. It will take some footwear longer to become “ruined” than others.

There is no sound advantage to any footwear - all shoes have the same exact loudness or sound file that is played when moving, the only difference is to either crouch or go barefoot, which is significantly quieter but comes with an increase of chance to have bleeding occur cutting your feet.

1 hour ago, wh1skey_ said:

It will take some footwear longer to become “ruined” than others.

Can shoes get ruined? I guess they must be able too but never seen it yet. I was actually starting to wonder if tactical vests were immune from damage until I finally just had one damaged from a zombie punch!. 

58 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Can shoes get ruined? I guess they must be able too but never seen it yet. I was actually starting to wonder if tactical vests were immune from damage until I finally just had one damaged from a zombie punch!. 

Hmm, guess you could try making a crawler then jump as they swing at you.