bent.toe

If I were CEO of BI

I would go down to the developers of Dayz and tell them to get a fix out to stop duping, hoarding and god tents. 

No matter what solution, be it clear the servers once a week, lock characters, remove possibility to set up tents, build fences or anything... I would just do it. 

Seeing your game getting destroyed like this and not fixing the problem (hot fix, temporary fix) while player nunbers decrease, word of mouth, youtube and so on are destroying everything you built up for several years.... Yeah, i would much rather shut features off and take extreme measures than letting this Mickey mouse bullshit go on for several MONTHS with no fix. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If it’s sooo easy to fix how bout you spit out the code needed.  Or better yet go make your own bug free, unexploitable game.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Celeri_Stalk said:

If it’s sooo easy to fix how bout you spit out the code needed.  Or better yet go make your own bug free, unexploitable game.

I mean duping has been a thing since the mod. At this point its just gross incompetence that it's not fixed.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Celeri_Stalk said:

LOL. 

2 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

LOL. 

- so how come you aint CEO of BI ? How did that mistake happen ?

1 hour ago, Acids House said:

I mean duping has been a thing since the mod. At this point its just gross incompetence that it's not fixed.

As far as I'm concerned it's a non-issue on PC now, though. I'm certain it will become a non-issue for Xbox (and PS4 if it's possible there) at some point.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IMT said:

As far as I'm concerned it's a non-issue on PC now, though. I'm certain it will become a non-issue for Xbox (and PS4 if it's possible there) at some point.

I didnt say that it was currently an issue on PC. Duping has been in this game since the mod. The fact that its 7 years later and this wasnt rooted out before the console launches is pretty irresponsible. I also agree that it will be a non issue at some point on console but that still remains an issue at current. A huge issue at that. It is literally ruining how this game functions.

I suppose, worst case scenario being it never really gets fixed, perhaps the large number dupers will eventually get bored and move on to other things, leaving a much smaller amount of duping over the available servers at some point so it won't be as big an issue. But if that is the case, hopefully the rest of the player base won't have moved on by that point as well. 

17 hours ago, Acids House said:

I didnt say that it was currently an issue on PC. Duping has been in this game since the mod. The fact that its 7 years later and this wasnt rooted out before the console launches is pretty irresponsible. I also agree that it will be a non issue at some point on console but that still remains an issue at current. A huge issue at that. It is literally ruining how this game functions.

"and this wasn't rooted out before the console launches", this sentence pretty much tells me that you have no knowledge on the subject of game development. Stuff like duping, exploits and glitches are found by the players, the developers have no idea that such issues are there until they're made aware of them. You can pre-emptive solve stuff but different players do different things which lead to different results. In the end, some player is going to find some sort of exploit or glitch which are unforseeable by the developers. They can't check every centimeter of gameplay everytime they push a patch because at that point, the only development time is spent towards testing rather than actually developing it.

The reason why the duping hasn't been fixed on consoles are unclear. It might be a more complicated issue than we know or think. But the developers aren't coming forward with any information (at least to my knowledge), so there is no basis on which we can build an understanding of the situation. And that, in fact, is completely their fault for keeping the radio silence.

• Beans 3

That's why they test patches and updates first. So players find these things before they go live. I'm not a game developer by any means and I didn't pay full price for a game to be their tester.  It would have taken all of 5 minutes to find out this exploit existed if they only tested and actually used the data. (Duping is still done the fairly the same way it's always been done from the mod to now) Duping is not some unforeseen variable. It's on their damn radar. It's not like they're like "oh shit people are duping things...we never saw this coming". This has been a known exploit in their game since the mod. That's 7 years. Duping breaks the very nature of this game. It should be a number 1 priority to make sure it's not exploitable and if it becomes apparent it is they should scrambling to fix it. Real talk though, something like this after 7 years of it being an issue is just ridiculous. Test your shit first and since you know this game is susceptible to this very game breaking exploit maybe it should be on the top of your list to test for. 

Edited by Acids House

On 6/11/2019 at 1:14 PM, Celeri_Stalk said:

If we had mod support someone else would of fixed it by now.

We know theyre trying but there are things that could be done right now to help, like a full wipe.

Some of us will remember the update where it was night and raining and every server for like 2 weeks, should of been hotfixed quickly but it wasnt because lets face it, DayZ on console is just a money grab.

Its still my favorite game on xbox and I have over 1500 hours but the devs have proven they dont care about us.

On 6/12/2019 at 4:20 PM, Xnosferatu89x said:

lets face it, DayZ on console is just a money grab.

I don’t particularly believe this to be the case. Console players have dreamt about this game coming to their living room for years.

They are clearly listening and seem to genuinely care about their product. Another good thing is they don’t have a triple A publisher harping on them to finish by a certain deadline.

What I will say is that it absolutely should’ve baked in early access on Xbox for a year before being pushed to 1.0.

Guessing they wanted the extra revenue from the PlayStation license. That’s the only reason I can see for them pushing full release as early as they did.

The best thing they could do right now is turn persistence of on all the servers untill the next update.

On 6/12/2019 at 1:20 PM, Xnosferatu89x said:

If we had mod support someone else would of fixed it by now.

We know theyre trying but there are things that could be done right now to help, like a full wipe.

Some of us will remember the update where it was night and raining and every server for like 2 weeks, should of been hotfixed quickly but it wasnt because lets face it, DayZ on console is just a money grab.

Its still my favorite game on xbox and I have over 1500 hours but the devs have proven they dont care about us.

This (you) is the real problem.  Players have created the current gaming culture of demanding instant gratification without an inkling of understanding of what it takes to code a game.  Instead of giving a studio time to get it right, everyone gathers with their torches and pitchforks and demand that they get their way, and when they do it’s typically not the solution they wanted because it was rushed to appease the masses.  Every bug/glitch (including duping) can have hundreds if not thousands of lines of code and somewhere therein is where the problem lies, and tracking that down, and fixing it in a way that it doesn’t affect another line of code negatively isn’t as easy as sitting here crying and making demands.  Duping isn’t a coding problem, it’s a player problem, stop blaming the studio for the choices the player base makes.  Sure, the exploit exists within the game they made but it’s the players that choose to exploit the game and negatively impact the experience of others.

16 hours ago, Celeri_Stalk said:

This (you) is the real problem.  Players have created the current gaming culture of demanding instant gratification without an inkling of understanding of what it takes to code a game.  Instead of giving a studio time to get it right, everyone gathers with their torches and pitchforks and demand that they get their way, and when they do it’s typically not the solution they wanted because it was rushed to appease the masses.  Every bug/glitch (including duping) can have hundreds if not thousands of lines of code and somewhere therein is where the problem lies, and tracking that down, and fixing it in a way that it doesn’t affect another line of code negatively isn’t as easy as sitting here crying and making demands.  Duping isn’t a coding problem, it’s a player problem, stop blaming the studio for the choices the player base makes.  Sure, the exploit exists within the game they made but it’s the players that choose to exploit the game and negatively impact the experience of others.

Im the problem?

I bought DayZ the second day it came out on Xbox and have NEVER exploited. I've been patient, defending BI many times and reported bugs to the feedback tracker.  

Theyve already been given a solution(private hive servers) and they say they do not want to do that.

So by stating my opinion of their failings I am the problem how?

I do agree it is partly a player problem but this community has proven it cant be trusted to make the right choice and it is severely ruining the legit players experience. So at this point it is on the devs to fix it.  And "not giving the studio time" excuse is hardly relevant in this case.

Edited by Xnosferatu89x

17 hours ago, Celeri_Stalk said:

Oh god wash, instead of fixing the problems they add weapons and items that people will duplicate out of existence. Instead of fixing the problem they delete servers, instead of fixing the problems they give us more vehicles which don't work correctly to begin with, instead of fixing things they give us the run around. There will always be a percentage of players that if a bug exists they will exploit it and it hurts those of us who play legit.

They did a full release knowing full well the shit wasn't ready and its their responsibly to make thx game playable and remove bugs and glitches.

It absolutely is the studios fault because apparently the majority of the bugs have been around for much longer on pc and instead of focusing on getting some optimization down and core game breaking bugs taken care of they release it on ps4 as well, effectively spreading thin the ability to focus on issues and fix them.

Get off your Damn soap box that shit won't be accepted around here.

So glad I got mini sites for my shotgun that I can't use in a large city due to huge frame drops where I lag and a zombie kills me because I'm unable to react, or the stupid gun in the air shit. Ever actually handled and shot an ar? You can hip fire just about anything with the weapon next to you.

Edit.

We all enjoy this game or love it and want it to succeed, which is why we are still here to begin with but that doesn't mean we have to put up with bs.

Also they probably have a full pr team so quit doing their job for free.

Edited by Flyingpapaya
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2019 at 9:22 AM, IMT said:

"and this wasn't rooted out before the console launches", this sentence pretty much tells me that you have no knowledge on the subject of game development. Stuff like duping, exploits and glitches are found by the players, the developers have no idea that such issues are there until they're made aware of them. You can pre-emptive solve stuff but different players do different things which lead to different results. In the end, some player is going to find some sort of exploit or glitch which are unforseeable by the developers. They can't check every centimeter of gameplay everytime they push a patch because at that point, the only development time is spent towards testing rather than actually developing it.

The reason why the duping hasn't been fixed on consoles are unclear. It might be a more complicated issue than we know or think. But the developers aren't coming forward with any information (at least to my knowledge), so there is no basis on which we can build an understanding of the situation. And that, in fact, is completely their fault for keeping the radio silence.

You and 3 more people dont know anything about development either as they are developing the game for PC, patches, updates, hotfixes all are developed on PC and once they are confident in the stability and results they begin the process of PORTING over to console and going thought the certification processes. The functionality of everything stays the same. There is absolutely no reason these issues ever make it to console under these circumstances.

Edited by Acids House

22 hours ago, Celeri_Stalk said:

This (you) is the real problem.  Players have created the current gaming culture of demanding instant gratification without an inkling of understanding of what it takes to code a game. 

No!... The game studios have created this gaming culture with loot boxes, expensive dlc, pay 2 win, broken games, Day 1 patches the sizes of a full game, crashes, rushed releases, empty promises, lies, PR stunt, cut out content, downgraded graphics and, above all... GREED. 

Don’t defend one of the largest and dirtiest industry in the world. 

WE pay money and we sure as hell can demand the shit to work and be worth the price tag. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bent.toe said:

No!... The game studios have created this gaming culture with loot boxes, expensive dlc, pay 2 win, broken games, Day 1 patches the sizes of a full game, crashes, rushed releases, empty promises, lies, PR stunt, cut out content, downgraded graphics and, above all... GREED. 

Don’t defend one of the largest and dirtiest industry in the world. 

WE pay money and we sure as hell can demand the shit to work and be worth the price tag. 

I’m sorry, but could you direct me to the loot boxes, dlc and pay to win options for this game I seem to have missed them.  

I dunno if anyone here played Ark, I did, I drank that koolaid on day one.  THAT game did in fact do all that you listed above, which is probably why I am far more patient with Dayz.  Ark never delivered in their promises and to this day when they rush their updates and hotfixes out they almost always break the game.  I’m ok waiting on this team trying to get it right.  Adding content to the game that already existed in previous iterations is part of that testing process.

I paid for this game as well, and at no point do I feel entitled to make demands from anyone.  I knew what I was getting into, especially purchasing it during game preview.  Ark single handedly made me gun shy about ever buying a game that was in preview, but then I remembered Elite:Dangerous, I got that in preview and it was a long road to where the game is today but the game is solid and did deliver on its promise.  Some of these studios don’t have Microsoft $ behind them, and while you cry about paying for the game maybe you should look at costs associated with making that game, they need the $ to finish a project we are lucky to have on Xbox, for quite some time it didn’t look like we’d even get this game On console.

35 minutes ago, Celeri_Stalk said:

I’m sorry, but could you direct me to the loot boxes, dlc and pay to win options for this game I seem to have missed them.  

Oh i'm sorry... I got a hard time keeping up with you. First you generalize by mention the current gaming culture, then when i reply about the current gaming culture you reply that you never seen loot boxes in this game. 

I'm done with retarded discussions. 

Ignored. 

On 6/11/2019 at 9:41 AM, bent.toe said:

I would go down to the developers of Dayz and tell them to get a fix out to stop duping, hoarding and god tents. 

No matter what solution, be it clear the servers once a week, lock characters, remove possibility to set up tents, build fences or anything... I would just do it. 

Seeing your game getting destroyed like this and not fixing the problem (hot fix, temporary fix) while player nunbers decrease, word of mouth, youtube and so on are destroying everything you built up for several years.... Yeah, i would much rather shut features off and take extreme measures than letting this Mickey mouse bullshit go on for several MONTHS with no fix. 

If you were CEO, you would do what was beneficial to the INVESTORS.  With all the complaining about the game, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if BI just says "FUCK IT" and pulls the plug on the whole thing, and gives everyone that bought it for the platforms a $10 gift card to Appleby's or something. 

1 minute ago, Stagman70 said:

If you were CEO, you would do what was beneficial to the INVESTORS.  With all the complaining about the game, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if BI just says "FUCK IT" and pulls the plug on the whole thing, and gives everyone that bought it for the platforms a $10 gift card to Appleby's or something. 

To my knowledge they are self published, and investors.. can't be many left if it takes 6 years to get a game out of beta. 

Without a publisher you don’t have people breathing down your neck and your creativity is not forced in other directions because people with money have a say. 

But i don’t know much about BI, they might not even have a boss. 😃