Uncle Zed

wolf_territories.xml

Can someone explain the wolf_territories.xml file to me? I'm confused because as part of increasing the zombies on my server, I edited the zombie_territories.xml and in that file, I edited smin/smax and dmin/dmax but those numbers are all 0's in the wolf file. Does that file ONLY designate the spawns for the wolves? I also understand how events.xml play into the zombie spawns, but does it also control the wolf spawns in the same way?

Im sure the wolves are a dynamic event, so editing that wouldnt do much apart from how many wolves get spawned per event id assume, if you want more wolf spawns ther should be something in the events.xml to signify how many spawns min.. max.. etc.., territories are only their spawn locations I think,  hope that helps.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS

hi there  I had the same question and found some information

this is the wolf spawn territories from the File Manager > \mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\env\wolf_territories.xml

<territory-type>
    <territory color="4291611852">
        <zone name="Water" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="2595" z="5947.5" r="60" d="2"/>
        <zone name="Rest" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="1695" z="6187.5" r="247.5" d="2"/>
        <zone name="Rest" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="1777.5" z="5760" r="187.5" d="2"/>
        <zone name="Rest" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="952.5" z="6225" r="172.5" d="2"/>
        <zone name="Rest" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="2160" z="5722.5" r="157.5" d="2"/>
        <zone name="HuntingGround" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="1792.5" z="5910" r="300" d="2"/>
        <zone name="HuntingGround" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="997.5" z="6217.5" r="255" d="2"/>
        <zone name="HuntingGround" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="907.5" z="5100" r="225" d="2"/>
        <zone name="HuntingGround" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="540" z="4252.5" r="217.5" d="2"/>
        <zone name="HuntingGround" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="1605" z="6397.5" r="217.5" d="2"/>
        <zone name="HuntingGround" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="982.5" z="6705" r="180" d="2"/>
        <zone name="HuntingGround" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="0" dmax="0" x="2242.5" z="5662.5" r="157.5" d="2"/>
    </territory>

so when I put new territories into our server (and they worked REALLY well lol) is to replace the x and z co ordinates with places you want the wolves to spawn.   I set the radius to a flat 160  (the r) for the water and rest, and 250 for the hunting grounds.   LEAVE EVERYTHING ELSE IN PLACE DO  NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE.

the rest and water (we think) are activated randomly (water) via the number of wolf spawn you set in the next area I will tell you about, and rest is waiting for players or events (ie deer) to activate them.   the hunting grounds we think are areas that they patrol and are already spawned into also via the next area.   

so the next area I will tell you about is the random events spawn, which you alter the number events that allow the wolves to spawn in, at any one time (usually up to)

it's in the File Manager > \mpmissions\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\db\events.xml

scroll down until you find the following:

</event>
    <event name="AnimalWolf">
        <waves>0</waves>
        <nominal>4</nominal>
        <min>5</min>
        <max>8</max>
        <lifetime>180</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <saferadius>200</saferadius>
        <distanceradius>0</distanceradius>
        <cleanupradius>0</cleanupradius>
        <flags deletable="0" init_random="0" remove_damaged="1"/>
        <position>fixed</position>
        <limit>child</limit>
        <active>1</active>
        <children>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="6" min="2" type="Animal_CanisLupus_Grey"/>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="4" min="0" type="Animal_CanisLupus_White"/>
        </children>

so we'll go down the list (If I miss a line miss it also)

nominal- the amount of spawns that are normal on the server (this is an up to number)  in this case 4

min - min amount of wolves in the pack  in this case 5

max- max amount of wolves in the pack  in this case 8

don't worry about anything else until children

the max and min are the max and min of that type of wolf in each pack, obviously white and grey

so when I changed up our server I had it look like

</event>
    <event name="AnimalWolf">
        <waves>0</waves>
        <nominal>7</nominal>
        <min>5</min>
        <max>12</max>
        <lifetime>180</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <saferadius>200</saferadius>
        <distanceradius>0</distanceradius>
        <cleanupradius>0</cleanupradius>
        <flags deletable="0" init_random="0" remove_damaged="1"/>
        <position>fixed</position>
        <limit>child</limit>
        <active>1</active>
        <children>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="6" min="2" type="Animal_CanisLupus_Grey"/>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="6" min="3" type="Animal_CanisLupus_White"/>
        </children>

yes I know i'm a nasty bitch!!! lol

• Thanks 1

PLEASE NOTE TO COPY AND LABLE YOUR ORIGANAL SETTINGS FOR YOUR SERVER ON TO WORD PAD OR SOMETHING SIMILAR SO IF YOU DO MUCK UP YOU HAVE THEM THERE AS BACKUP.

this took me literally over a hundred hours of planning and testing, and it was implemented on our server (and will again) when winter is upon us.

hope this helps guys