Sign in to follow this  
Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

The real reason why there won't be a Roadmap...

4 hours ago, Chernarussian said:

I already did my part. I bought the game. Now they need to do their part.

Development is a continuous process. There is no need to wait, as with a piggy bank of coins, you can already play. What prevents you from playing now?

1 hour ago, lex__1 said:

What prevents you from playing now?

There is nothing preventing anyone from playing, except for the plethora of threads started by people complaining about not being able to start the game.  Anyway, ya, there is nothing preventing anyone from playing DayZ except it's not the DayZ that was advertised

• Beans 2

On 6/10/2019 at 4:38 AM, Guy Smiley said:

There is nothing preventing anyone from playing, except for the plethora of threads started by people complaining about not being able to start the game.  Anyway, ya, there is nothing preventing anyone from playing DayZ except it's not the DayZ that was advertised

I've decided this account is actually a bot. Each conversation ignores the previous one and the comments end up being irrelevant with the subject matter being force-fed through a garbage disposal. Beans for playing mate.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chernarussian said:

I've decided this account is actually a bot. Each conversation ignores the previous one and the comments end up being irrelevant with the subject matter being force-fed through a garbage disposal. Beans for playing mate.

I am Astar, a robot.  I can put my arm back on.  You can't so play safe

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I genuinely hope that BI do not put out a paid DLC for DayZ, certainly not at present anyway. Even if it added lots of content in, I feel the vanilla game should deliver on it's "promises" first before dealing  with any paid content.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rickyriot said:

I genuinely hope that BI do not put out a paid DLC for DayZ, certainly not at present anyway. Even if it added lots of content in, I feel the vanilla game should deliver on it's "promises" first before dealing  with any paid content.

I don't believe we have any reason to fear DLC's at the moment as that would mean splitting the playerbase, which at this point is a terrible idea. Besides, it should be obvious to anybody, given that the vanilla game is a barebones version of what the game was always meant to be and not even that is working, that DLC's would be an obvious cash grab.

What we have alot of reason to fear for, is wether the game is even going to be fleshed out any further. They just milked the last udder (PS4) pretty much as dry as they could and now there is actually no more new money to be made. Today they shut off 8 official servers and there is no official statement regarding the departure of LEAD DESIGNER (!) Peter Nespesny yet, plus of course the thing with the non-existent roadmap.

They promised in one of the last status reports back in 2018 that the full team of 86 devs would continue to work on the game for the year of 2019. After that, is officially still a grey and undefined area and that is what should cause the most wrinkles on everyones forehead.

Anyhow, all we can do is have our fingers crossed and pray that the devs love for the game design is enough the keep the engine going. Eugen Harton would probably most likely be the guy but having seen the latest interviews with him, he seems a little burnt out. I don't know if they should have expanded, I have no expertise in this area but I can't help but feeling, there is a distinct lack of professionalism, but as I said, it's just a feeling and I cannot really judge it.

Fingers crossed guys, fingers crossed. All we can do now, really. Sadly...

Edited by 0.64 Freerider
  • Beans 1

Development is pretty much over.  There is a huge regression of people that know the engine and systems.  BI would have to hire and train people to work on DayZ, which is looking to wrap up as soon as possible.  If I were one of the people with the money, making decisions for the developer employees, I'd want to find a cheap way to complete work on DayZ and save face as much as possible in order to promote what the whole re-work and Enfusion was designed to do.  

Which is to start work on other titles and Arma4.   DayZ is pretty much done.  The objective is complete.  It was a workbench to create a new engine.  DayZ will be considered a success because it will be a launchpad for future titles. 

I honestly don't think there will be DLC content.  They wanted it to be modder friendly.  And it is well enough.  Seems much more profitable to just move on, honestly.

On 6/7/2019 at 6:05 PM, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Paying trump change for a game ...

This made me laugh, tbh.   Keep building that wall  ...of text, dood.

On 6/18/2019 at 3:05 AM, Parazight said:

This made me laugh, tbh.   Keep building that wall  ...of text, dood.

I will dood, I just need to secure more funding from the democrats....... 😆

On 6/12/2019 at 8:14 AM, Chernarussian said:

Whole this topic is infested with a bot infection! It desparate needs some disinfection and tetracycline antibiotics. 

Its like the Us political campaign of hate seeding and zomg the world is ending ×× DayZ... only to reprase it after every term is comming. 

I makes almost want to start collecting these tears to let them swallow it after proving they are wrong. 😂😂

Its just a matter of time thou.

Edited by hemmo

56 minutes ago, hemmo said:

Whole this topic is infested with a bot infection! It desparate needs some disinfection and tetracycline antibiotics. 

Its like the Us political campaign of hate seeding and zomg the world is ending ×× DayZ... only to reprase it after every term is comming. 

I makes almost want to start collecting these tears to let them swallow it after proving they are wrong. 😂😂

Its just a matter of time thou.

What's with the hate towards the US?

Forgive me if I'm way off here.  Your post is pretty incoherent, afterall.

On 6/13/2019 at 1:27 AM, 0.64 Freerider said:

the vanilla game is a barebones version of what the game was always meant to be

0.63 was ok,  IMO

1 hour ago, hemmo said:

zomg the world

yea - zomg it !   - that's the problem exactly

2 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

0.63 was ok,  IMO

I enjoyed spending a rainstorm ingame staying in shelter, making extra arrows for silently taking down zeds when I would next go out.

To summarize that they dont want to get us overhyped for feature updates and content.

21 hours ago, BeyonderG0D said:

To summarize that they dont want to get us overhyped for feature updates and 

Has anyone seen the new chucky yet? I heard its a great movie

Edited by hemmo

3 minutes ago, hemmo said:

What are you? The summarization troll? 

The one that puts the train back on the rail. Holy loot fairy of derailness needs some beans over here.

Has anyone seen the new chucky yet? I heard its a great movie

No. They have stated this in the past.  Eugen stated that they want to under-promise and over-deliver.  Absolutely not a troll post.  

You're the one doing the trolling.

58 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Stuff

Yeah your right, i was reading it competly wrong. 

Have you seen the new chucky movie btw?

2 hours ago, Parazight said:

No. They have stated this in the past.  Eugen stated that they want to under-promise and over-deliver.  Absolutely not a troll post.  

You're the one doing the trolling.

Thank you