Sign in to follow this  
Duck Solo

Strange lighting (daytime)

I seem to be having issues with the lighting in dayz.

During the daytime, even in bright sunlight, when my character is looking straight ahead, the immediate vicinity around me is very dark, pretty much to the point where I don't even notice loot that is there.

When I make my character "look down" the whole area brightens up and I can see.

I am pretty sure this is some kind of problem, and not intended.

Anyone else get this?

• Like 1

Its bloom, imo its set a little too high. In reallife its a bit the same. Youll see less if you get the sun in your face and see better when the sun is in your back. Also with other light sources. You get blinded by it

On 6/11/2019 at 5:44 AM, GkR86 said:

Tried adjusting your TV settings? I don't have this problem. 

I wouldn't know where to start.

What do you think may be causing the problem?

On 6/6/2019 at 12:26 PM, Duck Solo said:

I seem to be having issues with the lighting in dayz.

During the daytime, even in bright sunlight, when my character is looking straight ahead, the immediate vicinity around me is very dark, pretty much to the point where I don't even notice loot that is there.

When I make my character "look down" the whole area brightens up and I can see.

I am pretty sure this is some kind of problem, and not intended.

Anyone else get this?

Same shit 

20 hours ago, Duck Solo said:

I wouldn't know where to start.

What do you think may be causing the problem?

Plenty of tutorials for most TV's on YouTube, especially if it's made within last few years

1 hour ago, GkR86 said:

Plenty of tutorials for most TV's on YouTube, especially if it's made within last few years

It's bug in game,it's not about tv, and u have same problem

That's the thing, I don't have this problem, during the day I see everything clearly, though I have messed with my picture settings, considering it's a fairly new UHD 4k TV. 

Inside 

A1w91Ma.jpg

Outside 

QUQSq2F.jpg

Outside from inside 

aj1H3K8.jpg

But I have noticed that when going on first person mode the grass goes darker from inside looking out, not sure if it shows on camera though, does on TV 

HZYVWiJ.jpg

I spent a good two hours trying to optimize my TV to this game at the weekend.

The problem is certainly not my TV (LG UHD 4K which is only about 6 months old) I have tried every adjustment I can find online and none of them fixed this issue.

This type of problem does not happen on any other game that I play, or anything else I use on my TV (everything from a Blu-ray player to an old Nintendo Wii)

I am convinced this is an issue with the game, and how it optimizes itself on certain TV's.

I will try to post some pictures.

Edited by Duck Solo

Just wondering are you using the PS4 Pro or Standard? You mention a 4k TV are playing in 4k? I'm using a standard PS4 playing in 1080p and don't have this issue, a friend who also started playing on PS4 doesn't have this problem, I'm sure he's running 1080p on a standard Playstation as well.

Edit: Sorry it was someone else who mentioned the 4k TV not the OP, question still stands I guess.

Edited by RagedDrew

15 hours ago, RagedDrew said:

Just wondering are you using the PS4 Pro or Standard? You mention a 4k TV are playing in 4k? I'm using a standard PS4 playing in 1080p and don't have this issue, a friend who also started playing on PS4 doesn't have this problem, I'm sure he's running 1080p on a standard Playstation as well.

Edit: Sorry it was someone else who mentioned the 4k TV not the OP, question still stands I guess.

I have a 4K TV but a standard Playstation 4.

Do you think this could be the issue? Should I change to 1080p when playing (if I can that is?)

2 minutes ago, Duck Solo said:

I have a 4K TV but a standard Playstation 4.

Do you think this could be the issue? Should I change to 1080p when playing (if I can that is?)

I don't think it can hurt to test it out, if it is then you can play in 1080p with out the issue, if it's not then you're back where you started.

Edit: You should be able to go into the display settings via your PS4 and change it to 1080p

Edited by RagedDrew

1 hour ago, RagedDrew said:

I don't think it can hurt to test it out, if it is then you can play in 1080p with out the issue, if it's not then you're back where you started.

Edit: You should be able to go into the display settings via your PS4 and change it to 1080p

Ok cheers for that I will try it out.

I will change to 1080p in the Playstation menu and also disable HDR.

Someone here has exactly the same issue and it mentions HDR. This is on PC though I think.

I just googled "HDR making games look dark" and there is a ton of content on it. May be onto something here...

Really need a fix for this, it is becoming something of a deal-breaker for me. Sometimes I literally cannot see much in front of my character at all, and this is during the day time.

Edited by Duck Solo

Changed my Playstation to ensure it runs at 1080p only and turned HDR off.

Did not make a difference. Worked with all TV settings for another hour or so (Dynamic Contrast and many other tweaks) could not fix this issue.

As I said before, the TV does not do this on any other game I play, or on anything else I use with the TV.

It must be the game...

Edited by Duck Solo

On 6/13/2019 at 5:19 PM, GkR86 said:

Inside 

A1w91Ma.jpg

Outside 

QUQSq2F.jpg

Outside from inside 

aj1H3K8.jpg

But I have noticed that when going on first person mode the grass goes darker from inside looking out, not sure if it shows on camera though, does on TV 

HZYVWiJ.jpg

It's not about tv, I watch streams on my phone and pc , and I see same shit , it's game problem and u have it too

It's not really a problem as such.

This has been present since arms 2 and I think it's trying to emulate the way your eyes adjust to light as well.

For example when you cup your hand above your eyes to shield them from the sun. This makes things easier to see. 

So looking down and away from the bright sky is the games version of shielding your eyes. 

Personally I think it works well as I have used this mechanic in gun fights to my advantage and also recognized when I may be at a disadvantage.

Could be wrong but this is what I have always believed for many years.

Boroda I clearly don't as I see everything clearly, learn to ready my full post. 

I also have hdr turned on, have messed with brightness and contrast in my game mode settings, I do not have the problem OP is having, my immediate vicinity is never dark, so instead of dismissing what others say Boroda, try and post some helpful input, sure it may have happened in arma 2 and 3, and pc dayz (I know as I'm a veteran of all on pc ) and all were fixed with changing settings in game and on monitor, and in dayz ps4 this case, my TV. 

I am hoping that this change in 1.05 solves my problem.

Tweaked: Global lighting config tweaks (overall brightness during day, less prominent shadows during clear days, less blue in shadows)

On 9/4/2019 at 4:48 PM, Duck Solo said:

I am hoping that this change in 1.05 solves my problem.

Tweaked: Global lighting config tweaks (overall brightness during day, less prominent shadows during clear days, less blue in shadows)

The issue was indeed fixed with 1.05

I played for about four hours last night and did not experience it once, all the terrain in front of my character was nice and visible, just the way it should be.

Thanks Bohemia. I knew it was not my set-up.

Edited by Duck Solo