Fyrd Judge

Where are all the Official servers Gone?

Official servers all went off line today, taken over by experimental servers, then they vanished and were replaced by a handful of the original official servers. Any one got any idea when the rest will be back and before you say it, i have every thing disabled .

• Like 1

You can also pretty mush set your watch in getting a dumb response from some one

May be you can answer why 50% of the official servers are still down 9 hours after maintenance, smart arse?

• Beans 1

39 minutes ago, Fyrd Judge said:

You can also pretty mush set your watch in getting a dumb response from some one

May be you can answer why 50% of the official servers are still down 9 hours after maintenance, smart arse?

Probably because the server renters haven't updated them yet. Settle down.

• Confused 1

It's been over 12 hours now. Where are these servers? They're "official" -- these should be updated priority one. Not ideally - that's standard practice. They never took this long to come back.

Edited by Deadboy (DayZ)

Not sure what the issue is, I've got 65 official servers to choose from.  Maybe fix your own shit before screaming

• Confused 1

It should be over 100. Basically half of them are missing. And it's those we are talking about. 

4 minutes ago, Deadboy (DayZ) said:

It should be over 100. Basically half of them are missing. And it's those we are talking about. 

Which server providers are they using now?  I see Fragnet and Multiplay.  

The ones that are down are/were hosted by Gameservers.com. 

Edited by Deadboy (DayZ)

Why are those servers still offline? Are they dead like the lead designer position?

• Haha 1

My hunch is that the owners simply haven't updated them to the patch. This happens a bit with modded servers - but because they have day to day oversight that problem is usually dealt with pretty quickly. 

This isn't BI's fault incidentally. "Official" servers may (?) have some agreements with BI, but the latter is not ultimately responsible for them. 

And there have been patches before where particular servers weren't updated for a long time. Some even vanished for months IIRC.

You shouldn't expect official servers to remain for any period of time. They are not maintained by a dedicated community and are there to showcase the game. If you're really addicted to official servers, why not just join another server? They're all connected to the hive.

8 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

You shouldn't expect official servers to remain for any period of time. They are not maintained by a dedicated community and are there to showcase the game. If you're really addicted to official servers, why not just join another server? They're all connected to the hive.

I suspect people's stashes might be a factor here. I would pissed too tbh….

57 minutes ago, Mookie (original) said:

I suspect people's stashes might be a factor here. I would pissed too tbh….

Which is why the whole shared character across official shards is stupid and should never have happened to begin with but at the same time with the way servers disappear(official) that would have pissed people off with losing their character. 

Edited by Guy Smiley
  • Beans 1

I got my first and only involuntary vacation from the forums by tactlessly explaining how there is an implied responsibility to maintain stable and constant individual official servers for an online game which features world persistence and stashes as a key feature.
Especially for new players who may not know that it is okay to join any community servers without an invite.

Aaaaaaalllllllllllllllllll the way back in 2015.....  Yup.

• Sad 1
  • Beans 1