0.64 Freerider

Dear Dev-Team, can we get some ANSWERS regarding the FUTURE of our beloved GAME?

Dear Dev-Team,

some major things recently went down. In short,

first you decided there is not going to be any ROADMAP nor any PREVIEW of what you are working on. This leaves the playerbase in the dark and modders have already spoken out their concerns.

second off, Peter Nespesny has quit his job as LEAD DESIGNER of the game, subsequently leading to alot of questions about how things will carry on.

lcj2J9A.png

So here go the QUESTIONS:

You promised, that the game would be worked on throughout the year of 2019 with the full development-team of ~86 members. (Quote from the "Status Report - 6 November 2018")

Is there any team restructuring going on after the 1.0 release? Are DayZ developers going to be assigned to other teams at Bohemia?

No, we are keeping the same resources as we had this year for the year ahead. To be precise, it's 86 people working on DayZ right now.

1. Who is going to take on Nespesny's position and what are the estimated consequences for the design? (I know Peter was always leaning more towards the "hardcore" side of things)

2. Now that the last source of income regarding DayZ was milked, namely the PS4-release, what is Bohemia Interactive's motivation to keep on developing beyond 2019? The Game is self-published so it's in your hands correct?

3. What speaks against talking about what you are currently working on? You would not have to announce any ETA's, just to keep loyal fans in the loop.

Of course there are many more questions but these are the most important ones to me right now and I would be happy to see one or more members of the dev-team actually come by this forum for once and answer these questions. It would be a good and more importantly REASSURING sign.

Thanks and best regards

Freerider

Edited by 0.64 Freerider
  • Beans 10

when there gonna be this survival update?
is fishing allready been developed?...how about bow?
and is it safe to drive cars and not fly on sky with it?
when we can throw stuff in game?

• Like 1
  • Beans 4

5 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

when there gonna be this survival update?
is fishing allready been developed?...how about bow?
and is it safe to drive cars and not fly on sky with it?
when we can throw stuff in game?

Yes, I understand their approach to underpromise and overdeliver but keeping us completely in the dark while simultaneously the LEAD DESIGNER jumps off board can have one a bit worrying.

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

yes...when you ask something on forums or twitter about coming features and you dont get any answers...it feels that there is nothing to show or tell examble about bow and fishing...
really dont like how bohemia runs this dayz project....keeping us in silent about the progress.
and we as customers should have  at least some answers....its year 2019 allready.
and if they think that they dont have to anymore show progress cos of "released game"...its not released fully if there is not all features back and even more.

Edited by kopo79

1 minute ago, kopo79 said:

yes...when you ask something on forums or twitter about coming features and you dont get any answers...it feels that there is nothing to show or tell examble about bow and fishing...
really dont like how bohemia runs this dayz project....keeping us in silent about the progress.

Yes, if they at least made a clear statement regarding the departure of Nespesny now. I mean come on it's the LEAD DESIGNER ffs. It's just worrying is all. I don't even need to know exactly what they're working on, I just want to know if they are working on it and if they still intend to deliver a FINISHED GAME some day.

• Like 1

There are 2 mods that will save this game are dayz expansion and the epoch. that will introduce missions AIhelicopter machines and many weapons. that is, they are ahead of the devs aahhahaha 

basically make them do the dirty work. xD so much money comes a wagon from the consoles. 7 years of play and look what we find again .. I bought a pear and I found myself an apple ..

2 hours ago, MATTEO M said:

There are 2 mods that will save this game are dayz expansion and the epoch. that will introduce missions AIhelicopter machines and many weapons. that is, they are ahead of the devs aahhahaha 

basically make them do the dirty work. xD so much money comes a wagon from the consoles. 7 years of play and look what we find again .. I bought a pear and I found myself an apple ..

Hmm, I'll have a look at those, but yea I'm wondering how they want to get helis working.

A heli shouldnt even exist in these kind of games. Imo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, McWendy said:

Yeah it's a difficult topic. I personally don't need them for DayZ to be complete to me.

Does an anwere really matters? In like can you put some infuence on the wage? If not, there will be no poiny getting an answere.. what will you do with it? Come back to point them on their previous statements? 

The reson you, we, the community, are not getting answeres are topics exacly like these ;). 

Just chill and play something else and come back in 6 months 😉

On 6/5/2019 at 7:39 PM, McWendy said:

I nvr got the point why ppl would need a heli before bikes... bikess are much much more usefull.

6 hours ago, hemmo said:

I nvr got the point why ppl would need a heli before bikes... bikess are much much more usefull.

Its the 360noScopeYolo generation probably. Time to waste 4-8 hours a Day on a game. Thinking is not their best feature.

Every normal thinking person can understand that a heli is bad in so many ways with a game of this genre/type

• Thanks 1

they said they would improve communication with their community and have done the opposite, we like the amount of fix in each update but without any comment from the dev or twitter, it seems as if they abandoned us

• Beans 3

14 hours ago, hemmo said:

Does an anwere really matters? In like can you put some infuence on the wage? If not, there will be no poiny getting an answere.. what will you do with it? Come back to point them on their previous statements? 

The reson you, we, the community, are not getting answeres are topics exacly like these ;). 

Just chill and play something else and come back in 6 months 😉

Yes, an anwere does really matters! The reason was given in my original post. Here: "It would be a good and more importantly REASSURING sign."

So yea, from that you can conclude that I would like some reassurance, some peace of mind if you will.

Please elaborate how "topics exactly like these" rightfully lead to us "not getting answers(!)"

And I must be an absolute genius as I can A. Chill B. Play something else and C. Raise this discussion/ask questions. Impressive huh?...

Edited by 0.64 Freerider

Freerider, I think you already got the answer you seek -- it's part of that Roadmap news article you initially posted.  The only news we're going to get from them is when they post patches/updates on this forum and at this point, personally, that is good enough for me.

They told us in 2018 that development would continue post-1.0 and it has.  They had a list back then of post-1.0 items that they would be adding to the game in 1.01 and beyond and some of those things are now in the game.  Do they have a ways to go before it contains everything that .62 had?  Sure, but they are working on it and that really should be reassuring enough for you to know that the game is going to continue to improve over the second half of 2019 and most likely beyond, given the fact that they are in the beginning stages of developing their SurvivorZ BR version of the game.

Do you really want a roadmap saying "we're going to work on X and then Y and then Z" only to have them issue Roadmap #2 a month later with most of that changed for one reason or another, then Roadmap #3 with more changes for various reasons a month or so after that, then #4, then #5?  I certainly don't want that -- I know they are working on vaulting for example and I want it in the game when it's ready to be put in and not rushed in due to trying to adhere to some roadmap declaration.  They have made this kind of mistake in the past and are trying not to repeat it is how I'm interpreting that announcement.

They know what's missing from the game.  They've told us they are working on it.  The continued patches we've received since 1.0 prove they are working on it.  Is the progression slow?  Yes, dreadfully slow, but it is progression nonetheless.  The missing elements will be in when they're in.  Until then, play the game, have fun with it and be REASSURED that some day down the road, you'll be vaulting over a fence with a drop that you weren't expecting and wind up with a broken leg and then die when some douche tosses a grenade over that same fence that explodes next to you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, drgullen said:

They know what's missing from the game.  They've told us they are working on it.  The continued patches we've received since 1.0 prove they are working on it.  Is the progression slow?  Yes, dreadfully slow, but it is progression nonetheless.  The missing elements will be in when they're in.  Until then, play the game, have fun with it and be REASSURED that some day down the road, you'll be vaulting over a fence with a drop that you weren't expecting and wind up with a broken leg and then die when some douche tosses a grenade over that same fence that explodes next to you.

Yet they are charging full price for a 10th of a game.  Do you no see the issue here?  I use to be a hardcore DayZ fanboy/defender but this release fiasco has completely changed my mind about BI and this is absolutely a poorly done project

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

5 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Yet they are charging full price for a 10th of a game.  Do you no see the issue here?  I use to be a hardcore DayZ fanboy/defender but this release fiasco has completely changed my mind about BI and this is absolutely a poorly done project

As long as they keep developing it, I have no issue.  If Eugen suddenly announces that 1.04 is the last patch we're going to get, then yeah, I'll be changing my tune.

7 hours ago, drgullen said:

8 minutes ago, drgullen said:

As long as they keep developing it, I have no issue.  If Eugen suddenly announces that 1.04 is the last patch we're going to get, then yeah, I'll be changing my tune.

totally agreed.

The new experimental apps (in my opinion) seem to be pointing to more versions coming, so things are looking good for the future. ..

The money gained from the xbox and ps4 will/should also cover that development, and all three platforms gain.

In Dayz Bohemia have an elemental property, like Arma or Tombraider, that they would be crazy to let die

10 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

5 hours ago, drgullen said:

4 hours ago, aux7 said:

totally agreed.

The new experimental apps (in my opinion) seem to be pointing to more versions coming, so things are looking good for the future. ..

The money gained from the xbox and ps4 will/should also cover that development, and all three platforms gain.

In Dayz Bohemia have an elemental property, like Arma or Tombraider, that they would be crazy to let die

I also totaly agree. If i calculate the price to hours of fun, hell...best fun ratio ever! From a game... ever! ❤️ DayZ! 

And it only can be better... and more...!

44 minutes ago, hemmo said:

And it only can be better... and more...!

Except it's been 6 months since release and it hasn't gotten better.  Nothing survival has been added.  It's players like you that keep patting bad developers on the back that allow bullshit like this to keep happening.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Except it's been 6 months since release and it hasn't gotten better.  Nothing survival has been added.  It's players like you that keep patting bad developers on the back that allow bullshit like this to keep happening.

Yeah i get your point, but its strategic visionairs like me that realise that the core needs to be correct before adding survival elements ;). There are soo many improvements that are just not been seen atm. Content adding is very visable.. but code fixing isnt ;)... 

7 minutes ago, hemmo said:

Yeah i get your point, but its strategic visionairs like me that realise that the core needs to be correct before adding survival elements ;). There are soo many improvements that are just not been seen atm. Content adding is very visable.. but code fixing isnt ;)... 

It's a fully released game.  Do you not comprehend that? *facepalm*  The core should have been in before slapping the 1.0 tag on and charging people 60 fucking dollars.   This is Bethesda level arrogance shown by BI 

I bought the game back in 2013 when it was cheap and I don't even have the game that was advertised.  There was more to do and survival was harder during the games infancy.  Now we have a generic boring shooter that allows us to eat food but what's the point?  Just run, get a gun, pvp, die, rinse and repeat.  Zero reason to invest in a character, zero reason to collect items for survival.  Vaulting, throwing, fractures, medical system, dynamic weather, freezing to death, actual diseases.  6 months and nothing.  There's a reason why this forum is a barren wasteland now and that people from BI are starting to jump ship.

Edited by Guy Smiley
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Im with guy on this one.. 

This is an empty shell of what it used to be. And there is no core base game. Its just a bunch of pvp mechanics. And they arent even executed properly

Misleading and false advertising 101

• Beans 1

Communication

With many internal changes in planning and how we approach update releases overall, we will also need to be rethinking how often and in what forms we're communicating with you. We still have a lot of brainstorming to do, but it's very likely that the frequency of development Status Reports will no longer follow the 2 week period. Instead, we'd like to think of ways how to more actively work with what's happening in the community, engage in the events organised by community server owners, and improve the direct communication across channels. 

se,please communicate?
how far we are from fishing,bow,cars that are safe to operate?
any deeper medical system?diseases?coffee?
its bad communicating when devs just comes forum,make thread about something and then vanish like a ghost.

• Beans 1