ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.03.151658

On 6/5/2019 at 2:13 AM, ImpulZ said:

Fixed: NVGoggles were turned off when any piece of clothing was attached

The goggles are still not working with Ghillie nor any other piece of head gear. Can't turn them on. Is this working as intended?

Edited by Leah Snow

5 hours ago, Leah Snow said:

The goggles are still not working with Ghillie nor any other piece of head gear. Can't turn them on. Is this working as intended? 

You can not turn them on? or is the NVG belt holder not to be worn with another headgear?

DayZ NL 3664728 HC (Public)

I was driving along with a friend on gunter through a green grassland terrible lags began and we flew into space and died from overload

6 hours ago, lex__1 said:

You can not turn them on? or is the NVG belt holder not to be worn with another headgear?

You can wear them with other gear but they will not turn on til the other gear is removed.

1 hour ago, Leah Snow said:

You can wear them with other gear but they will not turn on til the other gear is removed. 

I had a tactical helmet, with a mount for a flashlight and NVG. On it a flashlight and NVG worked and turned on. The only thing I did was change the keys in the keyboard settings, NVG to "N" and the flashlight to "L". Unfortunately, now there is no NVG, I can not try it with other combinations of items.

• Beans 1

On 6/7/2019 at 9:39 AM, Guy Smiley said:

We live in a shitty world where hopes and dreams are meant to be crushed.  This game will never be hardcore now that they went the console route.  The PC players basically paid for the console players to get this game

And now console is paying for PC development. Literally. 50$ on PS. They're robbing people.

• Beans 1

2 minutes ago, Esmy said:

And now console is paying for PC development. Literally. 50$ on PS. They're robbing people.

No, it's still for console development

• Beans 1

@ImpulZ Hey, I'm wondering if you're allowed to answer a question about misbehaving cars. On my dedicated server (pure vanilla, not using any mods) I can drive any car as if DayZ is actually Need for Speed, they work like a dream, while my brother gets these absurd lag/desync episodes that either send him into a building or a tree ruining the car, or just into orbit as seen in a multitude of clips. His ping is usually around 50-70 so that should not be an issue, and the server FPS has never gone below 2,400 since I started logging. Out of three people I've talked to who have driven cars on my server, he is the only one who has had these issues when doing so. 

So what is actually causing these things to happen? Is there any data we can provide to help you pinpoint this problem? Or do you guys know what is causing it but cannot talk about it until you're closer to a solution?

Since it is only happening to one person on the server I'm fairly sure it has to be (at least in his case) related to load times and or unstable connection on the client. His gaming PC is lower end while not entirely potato, but it has a regular HDD so he sometimes has load lag on assets.

Edited by Derleth

Anyone experiencing weather issues? 

Sunny, no wind, cloudless, yet I'm freezing, soaking WET, can SEE and HEAR the rain.  ***Fixed by logging off/on***

OR

Can't SEE or HEAR any rain, yet I'm soaked and freezing!  ***Logging off/on had no affect***

Three other players including myself experienced this issue yesterday on my server. This first instance described was remedied when you logged off/on. But within 40 min, we were all soaked and freezing again with no adverse weather active. We tried the logging off/on solution again which fixed nothing. There was no wind, no rain but we were soaked and freezing, losing health, etc. This is the first time my server has experienced this type of weather issues.

For us this is a minor issue, an irritant at best but could otherwise hinder what would have been a more enjoyable experience. 

5 hours ago, Derleth said:

@ImpulZ Hey, I'm wondering if you're allowed to answer a question about misbehaving cars. On my dedicated server (pure vanilla, not using any mods) I can drive any car as if DayZ is actually Need for Speed, they work like a dream, while my brother gets these absurd lag/desync episodes that either send him into a building or a tree ruining the car, or just into orbit as seen in a multitude of clips. His ping is usually around 50-70 so that should not be an issue, and the server FPS has never gone below 2,400 since I started logging. Out of three people I've talked to who have driven cars on my server, he is the only one who has had these issues when doing so. 

So what is actually causing these things to happen? Is there any data we can provide to help you pinpoint this problem? Or do you guys know what is causing it but cannot talk about it until you're closer to a solution?

Since it is only happening to one person on the server I'm fairly sure it has to be (at least in his case) related to load times and or unstable connection on the client. His gaming PC is lower end while not entirely potato, but it has a regular HDD so he sometimes has load lag on assets.

I know this game is a CPU hog. My PC exceeds everything but the CPU, yet I don't experience the car issue. Not sure his specs outside the HDD but the two combined (HDD and minimum CPU requirement) would explain a lot.

21 minutes ago, C4-timah said:

I know this game is a CPU hog. My PC exceeds everything but the CPU, yet I don't experience the car issue. Not sure his specs outside the HDD but the two combined (HDD and minimum CPU requirement) would explain a lot.

It would be weird if struggling client CPU:s could be the cause of cars launching into space, but it would explain why some players consider cars to be utter death traps while others - like myself - have never had any problems whatsoever. Server performance has been named as the primary culprit before, but I know for a fact that has not been the case with bro's episodes on my server. 

Edited by Derleth

8 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Server performance has been named as the primary culprit before, but I know for a fact that has not been the case with bro's episodes on my server. 

How many people are on your server? I think that the problems arise when a server is more or less full. I very much doubt that it is a hardware related issue in most cases though, might be different for your brother. 

@ImpulZIn the 1.03 patch there was this thing introduced that stops the character moving forward when acting in melee combat. Sometimes this works, but in other moments I still have these odd melee dances with the infected. Reason for this is that sometimes they are not directly in front of me, but I do hit them. Could it not be implemented in such way that when your character hits (or is going to hit) something (wall, object, infected etc..) that the forward movement won't occur? So in other words, you only move forward when you miss. 

1 minute ago, amadieus said:

How many people are on your server? I think that the problems arise when a server is more or less full. I very much doubt that it is a hardware related issue in most cases though, might be different for your brother. 

@ImpulZIn the 1.03 patch there was this thing introduced that stops the character moving forward when acting in melee combat. Sometimes this works, but in other moments I still have these odd melee dances with the infected. Reason for this is that sometimes they are not directly in front of me, but I do hit them. Could it not be implemented in such way that when your character hits (or is going to hit) something (wall, object, infected etc..) that the forward movement won't occur? So in other words, you only move forward when you miss. 

The server has never been full, not even close. Bro's episodes have happened when just the two of us were online and when five or six were online. According to logs server fps has been stable on around 2,500 regardless. And the only one who's had issues is him, which is why I posted this. Regardless of it being caused by struggling servers, bad ping, load lag or a combination of everything, it is an issue I hope they get fixed sooner rather than later.

7 hours ago, Derleth said:

His ping is usually around 50-70 so that should not be an issue

Ping is not the main indicator, there may be a wide range of values. Your brother needs to run a check in "cmd" - "ping ip server -t" and see if "time-out" intervals appear. If they exist, there will be a loss of communication packets with the server, this can cause such lags.

Edited by lex__1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Derleth said:

It would be weird if struggling client CPU:s could be the cause of cars launching into space, but it would explain why some players consider cars to be utter death traps while others - like myself - have never had any problems whatsoever. Server performance has been named as the primary culprit before, but I know for a fact that has not been the case with bro's episodes on my server. 

I'd lean towards a sync issue since not everyone is experiencing it then. Could be the route his ISP takes to get to the server causing the problem. I get kicked from my own DayZ server occasionally for high ping (380- 490) and I'm only 26 mi away. Yet my  Arma 3 server is in the same data center and I never get kicked from it let alone have a ping over 70. Everyone gets routed differently so a few things may need investigating connection wise. PingPlotter could help. I uses it occasionally. For some reason I get sent to Washing DC and back to Texas just to get to my server in Dallas. When I get kicked its because of packet loss at the DC IP location.

Edited by C4-timah

anyone find they cant eat pumpkins atm?

Edited by Tang0ed
grammar mistake

19 hours ago, Esmy said:

$75.95 in Australia.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

When the character's appearance will save?I'm bored to play new looking character every time

Hello..   So, are Cars Despawning off of the server a thing with this patch?  My squad and I have now assembled two different cars, a Gunter and last night an Olga.  Before we logged, we hide the car then dismantled it, taking the parts with us.  We left a could items on the vehicle and in it in the hopes it would not despawn.  I just logged in to the very same server and the car is again, GONE!  Can a Dev please advise if this is a known problem, or what?  Its very frustrating to take the time to assemble these vehicles to only have them despawn after a server restart in 24 hours...  *NOTE* This is also on a "Persistence Enabled Server" as well, just FYI..

Edited by xxDominion

4 hours ago, xxDominion said:

Hello..   So, are Cars Despawning off of the server a thing with this patch?  My squad and I have now assembled two different cars, a Gunter and last night an Olga.  Before we logged, we hide the car then dismantled it, taking the parts with us.  We left a could items on the vehicle and in it in the hopes it would not despawn.  I just logged in to the very same server and the car is again, GONE!  Can a Dev please advise if this is a known problem, or what?  Its very frustrating to take the time to assemble these vehicles to only have them despawn after a server restart in 24 hours...  *NOTE* This is also on a "Persistence Enabled Server" as well, just FYI..

Running vanilla server, no mods, no edits. Latest stable update and vehicles I've had for months disappeared. Until I walked out to where they were and even though I couldn't see them, I would run into them. Invisible. 

On 6/10/2019 at 10:00 AM, Derleth said:

His gaming PC is lower end while not entirely potato, but it has a regular HDD so he sometimes has load lag on assets.

DDR3 based systems have slower RAM, that is often not taken into account, causing micro lags in many contemporary games, I also had a 3rd gen i5 cpu until recently and suffered microstutters in many titles, even if same games worked perfectly years ago. Sometimes these changes occur so slowly, but models get swapped for more polygons, etc. the cpu itself may even have enough raw power to handle all fine.

Old HDDs, not enough RAM, etc. culminates as well. if you drive, you will a) do physics calculations and simulate your car, b) load map/assets into RAM, c) eventually load textures / models into GPU, the faster you drive the more throughput, the more vulnerable the whole simulation gets.

you only need to enter a small cycle of lags, and this could be even from a few stray network packets, and if multiple parts struggle, you will end up with really heavy hits on performance, since in a simulation, you have to "keep up or sync", causing even more stress on an already bottlenecked system. in worst case, this leads to a simulation "explosion", where syncs and trying to catch up lost frames cause troubles, especially if e.g. the car is slightly sticking in the ground, causing the known death trap.

Try lowering settings, swap in an SSD, make sure you have plenty of RAM.

(E.g. do not underestimate, that windows 10 will use your swap for the gpu as well, so make sure you have enough swap / free space)

Edited by g4borg
  • Beans 2

16 minutes ago, g4borg said:

DDR3 based systems have slower RAM, that is often not taken into account, causing micro lags in many contemporary games, I also had a 3rd gen i5 cpu until recently and suffered microstutters in many titles, even if same games worked perfectly years ago. Sometimes these changes occur so slowly, but models get swapped for more polygons, etc. the cpu itself may even have enough raw power to handle all fine.

Old HDDs, not enough RAM, etc. culminates as well. if you drive, you will a) do physics calculations and simulate your car, b) load map/assets into RAM, c) eventually load textures / models into GPU, the faster you drive the more throughput, the more vulnerable the whole simulation gets.

you only need to enter a small cycle of lags, and this could be even from a few stray network packets, and if multiple parts struggle, you will end up with really heavy hits on performance, since in a simulation, you have to "keep up or sync", causing even more stress on an already bottlenecked system. in worst case, this leads to a simulation "explosion", where syncs and trying to catch up lost frames cause troubles, especially if e.g. the car is slightly sticking in the ground, causing the known death trap.

Try lowering settings, swap in an SSD, make sure you have plenty of RAM.

(E.g. do not underestimate, that windows 10 will use your swap for the gpu as well, so make sure you have enough swap / free space)

Yeah, thanks. I've talked him into getting an SSD so that will be step one, he should increase RAM while he's at it. Hopefully that helps.

Anyway I learned yesterday that he's been playing on mobile internet the whole time. No fiber where he lives, so he's got no choice, but my experience with gaming on mobile connection is that it is only for emergencies. Even if the ping is seemingly fine when you check it, the traffic is erratic and unstable. Safe to say, until he has a proper connection I'll do the driving...

• Beans 1

No Dev responses..  I guess they just cant be bothered to address our issues...  Frustrating... to say the least.  Here is a hint.  Instead of wasting everyone's time with an hour long stream where you ramble on about nothing.  and are obviously NOT prepared as the game play you were suppose to show was not ready...  How about paying someone to monitor these forums and having logical responses and honest answers for your Community who are literally PAYING your bills.  Thanks!

• Beans 1

6 hours ago, xxDominion said:

No Dev responses..  I guess they just cant be bothered to address our issues...  Frustrating... to say the least.  Here is a hint.  Instead of wasting everyone's time with an hour long stream where you ramble on about nothing.  and are obviously NOT prepared as the game play you were suppose to show was not ready...  How about paying someone to monitor these forums and having logical responses and honest answers for your Community who are literally PAYING your bills.  Thanks!

Well...the thing is....The developers of this title have acted in this manner for years now, so it's nothing new. The legacy of DayZ SA is a textbook example of how NOT to run a game publishing company and we can all simply look at each other for the explanations as to why. The "Early Access" system was played perfectly by Bohemia and this is what we have to show for our "good faith".

If "we" are genuinely as frustrated and disappointed at the current state of this game, then the only thing we can do is basically refuse to buy, endorse, or show interest in ANY offering from Bohemia Interactive going forwards. I personally will never click on my ARMA titles in my Steam Library again until I feel they have delivered a reasonable product from this disaster. And I won't bother with any future titles from Bohemia Interactive. That's about all "we" can do right now....but at least it makes me "feel" a little better.

• Beans 2

Why haven't they fixed the cars yet.  For me that is game breaking.  They don't seem to be thinking about game play at the moment from what i can see with the updates.  After they released the game they have failed in every way with the game.  It is such a shame.  And the community has been proven right when they said it was to early to release in the state it was in and it has gone down hill since then.  They really need to start listening to the community now and not what they think is required to move the game back in the right direction for us.

• Like 1