ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.03.151658

Hello Survivors,

we just released a new update with some fixes. Check it out:

Patchnotes

NOTES

• It is highly recommended to use the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

FIXED

• Fixed: Client crash while attaching Barbed Wire
  • Fixed: Client error while manipulating with Barbed Wire
  • Fixed: Rangefinder displayed incorrect distance
  • Fixed: Turning Night Vision Goggles on cancelled personal lights of other players
  • Fixed: Barbed Wire was not visible on Fence after mounting
  • Fixed: Client error while cooking
  • Fixed: Player could jump with heavy items in hands
  • Fixed: Character could jump in prone
  • Fixed: Incorrect sound was played while walking in crouch with VSS
  • Fixed: Attachments could disappear after the base was dismantled
  • Fixed: It was not possible to loot dead body in car
  • Fixed: NVGoggles were turned off when any piece of clothing was attached
  • Fixed: Client could freeze upon specific swapping action (T139969)

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: The output of sawing planks from Lumber Pile is now tripled
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 4

Do cars still move randomly to a nearest tree after server restarts? I've got mine flipped over yesterday just leaving it for a minute for restart.

UPD. Yes, they still do. I left the car on the highlighted place before the server went down for update. This is where it's now. I removed all the parts just in case it hits the tree and damages them. Server is official NL3664704

13213.png

UPD 2. Next server restart brought me this happiness.

photo-2019-06-05-17-27-13.jpg
photo-2019-06-05-17-27-14.jpg

Edited by Son of a Peach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

please fix inventory navigate on barrel, tents, chests, cars. on ps4 its unplayable :( game its hard ok, but with all this inventory problems we cant do anything, tons of stuff inside barrels and its everything stuck there glitched we cant pick them up 

• Like 2

My server and client both say 151658, not 151650.

23 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Oh sure....Always wanna be higher than the rest of us...eh?

Dear Admins, can you please implement an admin overview (where you can spawn Cars and so on) its hard to find a good mod. 

Edited by DerDome

Don't see anything about cars despawning when left for a few hours.  Are they still doing that?

Questions for devs:

Can you shed some light on what is planned for the health system and loot economy?

-Will temprature ever become a factor again? Are we going to have to make a fire to warm/dry up when we are wet and cold, or will it stay like it is now where we just step inside a house and immediately get warm and dry?

-Will blood ever become a factor again? Like before where we lose a percentage when getting shot in addition to bleeding. I have yet to had the use for a saline/blood bag since 0.63.

-Will healing time ever become a factor again? We heal fully from blinking red health and blood in about 10 minutes, we STILL literally don't have to give a fuck about getting hurt because of this.

-Will we ever have to actually hunt and scavenge for food to survive? Or is hardcore survival just stumbling over cans of food in basically every house? Same goes for weapons, ammo and top grade gear like helmets, nvg, plate carriers etc. It's way to easy to find. When we get half across the map we are DROPPING excess ammo and guns for heavens sake.

I haven't felt like I've played a hardcore survival game ever since 0.63 dropped. Loot has no value because of how common everything is, our health is of no concern because of how fast we heal up.

You also added the ability to attach chemlights to every backpack (which is fantastic), but the personal night light is still in. So next to no one is using flashlights (because there is no need with the night light), and still half the server leaves during night time. Can you please just remove this garbage night light feature?

I really hope you can give these things some thought, because the dayz experience is so dull and dumbed down now.

We have one (1) server to choose from that feels remotely like dayz should, and that is dayz underground. We actually have to join a modded server to experience dayz, when it should be the other way around; join the modded servers if you want 5x loot, food everywhere and the works.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

2 minutes ago, TAMW said:

Questions for devs:

Can you shed some light on what is planned for the health system and loot economy?

-Will temprature ever become a factor again? Are we going to have to make a fire to warm/dry up when we are wet and cold, or will it stay like it is now where we just step inside a house and immediately get warm and dry?

-Will blood ever become a factor again? Like before where we lose a percentage when getting shot in addition to bleeding. I have yet to had the use for a saline/blood bag since 0.63.

-Will healing time ever become a factor again? We heal fully from blinking red health and blood in about 10 minutes, we STILL literally don't have to give a fuck about getting hurt because of this.

-Will we ever have to actually hunt and scavenge for food to survive? Or is hardcore survival just stumbling over cans of food in basically every house? Same goes for weapons, ammo and top grade gear like helmets, nvg, plate carriers etc. It's way to easy to find. When we get half across the map we are DROPPING excess ammo and guns for heavens sake.

I haven't felt like I've played a hardcore survival game ever since 0.63 dropped. Loot has no value because of how common everything is, our health is of no concern because of how fast we heal up.

You also added the ability to attach chemlights to every backpack (which is fantastic), but the personal night light is still in. So next to no one is using flashlights (because there is no need with the night light), and still half the server leaves during night time. Can you please just remove this garbage night light feature?

I really hope you can give these things some thought, because the dayz experience is so dull and dumbed down now.

We have one (1) server to choose from that feels remotely like dayz should, and that is dayz underground. We actually have to join a modded server to experience dayz, when it should be the other way around; join the modded servers if you want 5x loot, food everywhere and the works.

Interestingly, I just had a lively discussion with a fellow player on a Modded Server Discord, where I was grumpy about all the added weapons, gear, and ammo, and how I personally think it cheapens the experience to a point where DayZ stops being DayZ.

There are vastly differing opinions about what constitutes a worthwhile balance in DayZ gameplay, and you are right in your observations about how the Modded Servers have become the solution to a problem that never should have existed in the first place.

That aside, however, I also see a trend toward Community softening the PVE elements to a point where I feel the gritty immersion fading in to the background again, but maybe it's just due to the plethora of new content and features that have started to show up, as we all have been gagging for this stuff for so long it's hard for server owners to NOT want to try to bring it to their players.

And it is primarily driven by what seems to be the popular consensus regarding how the game should be played.

A server I have really enjoyed playing on for the last 6-7 months has become a loot-fest, and I guess it's because having a hardcore experience is just not what the general public wants out of the game, unfortunately.

Maybe the Developers saw this all along, and knew that the advent of the two console ports would mean even MORE people would want the easy loot and large selection of weaponry, and ultimately, a PVP, KOS style of "survival" game....while others were expecting that word to mean something drastically different?

It will be interesting to see how the Modded servers evolve over the next few months...and how the player base will choose between them.

I am hopeful that once the stability issues and glitches get sorted out the server owners will have a better idea of where they want their server to go, and we will start to see a greater gap between the two primary gameplay styles and the enjoyment while playing each of these will be betterfor everyone.

• Beans 1

Hi bohemia.

It seems that the red and blue lockers cannot get attached anymore on fences... problem for bases... ar am I dumb? 🙂

Edited by Calag Hahn

I'm not seeing any of the official Gameservers.com servers.....

3 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

for me also ... so whats the right version ... ?

2 hours ago, philbur said:

Interestingly, I just had a lively discussion with a fellow player on a Modded Server Discord, where I was grumpy about all the added weapons, gear, and ammo, and how I personally think it cheapens the experience to a point where DayZ stops being DayZ.

There are vastly differing opinions about what constitutes a worthwhile balance in DayZ gameplay, and you are right in your observations about how the Modded Servers have become the solution to a problem that never should have existed in the first place.

That aside, however, I also see a trend toward Community softening the PVE elements to a point where I feel the gritty immersion fading in to the background again, but maybe it's just due to the plethora of new content and features that have started to show up, as we all have been gagging for this stuff for so long it's hard for server owners to NOT want to try to bring it to their players.

And it is primarily driven by what seems to be the popular consensus regarding how the game should be played.

A server I have really enjoyed playing on for the last 6-7 months has become a loot-fest, and I guess it's because having a hardcore experience is just not what the general public wants out of the game, unfortunately.

Maybe the Developers saw this all along, and knew that the advent of the two console ports would mean even MORE people would want the easy loot and large selection of weaponry, and ultimately, a PVP, KOS style of "survival" game....while others were expecting that word to mean something drastically different?

It will be interesting to see how the Modded servers evolve over the next few months...and how the player base will choose between them.

I am hopeful that once the stability issues and glitches get sorted out the server owners will have a better idea of where they want their server to go, and we will start to see a greater gap between the two primary gameplay styles and the enjoyment while playing each of these will be betterfor everyone.

it seems obvious to me that you already know how it will end. a part of the underground server where I can't play because of my ping (sin is such a server in europe) 99.9% of the servers is a cod and pubg.pure the same devs as you pointed out (I guess also because of the consoles and to sell more) are simplifying the game to a simple pvp. There are 2 mods that will save this game but I don't think they will make it more hardocre because the server admins want the full house and if watching the hardcore servers are all you want or with 5 players. they are  dayz expansion and the epoch. that will introduce missions AI helicopter machines and many weapons. that is, they are ahead of the devs aahhahaha

Edited by MATTEO M

Ese problema es uno de los más molestos en este momento del juego, ya que lleva tiempo y trabajo construir un automóvil para desaparecer de un día para otro. El problema es que los coches desaparecen y que las puertas de las construcciones lanzadas por los jugadores y las cerraduras de combinación de 3 y 4 esferas son un error.

Edited by massacre050

GUYS PLEASE now can fix the combination lock change the code when the server restart.. please fix this we cant do a safe base... is imposible. THIS BUG STILL IN THE GAME!!

when you turn on/off the flaslight you can hear the same sound as if you were using the radio changing frequency

Ahhh the much anticipated survival game thats was going to be Dayz SA is now turning to a PvP game.  The environment is not harsh enough that just surviving is your main battle.  I know that is boring to some people, but that was what the game was initially sold to us as by the Devs 5 years ago not PvP.  That's just me I like survival not PvP although  I can understand it does make a very good PvP game as there is no real consequences when killed.  Back to the coast and within 1:30 hrs you can have reasonable kite and PvP again.

15 hours ago, Kecha said:

when you turn on/off the flaslight you can hear the same sound as if you were using the radio changing frequency

Pretty sure this has been around fairly consistently since 1.0 (perhaps earlier). I'm starting to think this is now officially a feature.

On 6/5/2019 at 2:30 PM, TAMW said:

Questions for devs:

gotta agree with everything u said.

except the night light thingy -  admins can change "disablePersonalLight" setting from "false" to "true". unfortunately its by default on "false".

On 6/5/2019 at 3:30 PM, TAMW said:

Questions for devs:

you right man. where the hardcore. where zombie. morphine? painkillers? fracture? need more zombi -less loot- more survival

On 6/5/2019 at 2:56 PM, philbur said:

I guess it's because having a hardcore experience is just not what the general public wants out of the game, unfortunately.

That's the downside of popularity, you can't please all so you have to take the middle road. Not saying DayZ is particularly popular but the player base got tripled after the "1.0".

I hate to admit but I still got hope for the game, only because there no other game like DayZ.

45 minutes ago, benedictus said:

That's the downside of popularity, you can't please all so you have to take the middle road. Not saying DayZ is particularly popular but the player base got tripled after the "1.0".

I hate to admit but I still got hope for the game, only because there no other game like DayZ.

Luckily the developers stated that they will NEVER change the concept of vanilla. So in 1 or 2 years I'm expecting a hardcore survival game from vanilla because that was what was promised. And if that isn't the case, well, maybe we need to collectively drag their ass in front of court for fraud. But until then, I have faith that vanilla will be hardcore survival.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

7 hours ago, IMT said:

Luckily the developers stated that they will NEVER change the concept of vanilla. So in 1 or 2 years I'm expecting a hardcore survival game from vanilla because that was what was promised. And if that isn't the case, well, maybe we need to collectively drag their ass in front of court for fraud. But until then, I have faith that vanilla will be hardcore survival.

We live in a shitty world where hopes and dreams are meant to be crushed.  This game will never be hardcore now that they went the console route.  The PC players basically paid for the console players to get this game

Edited by Guy Smiley
  • Like 2

On 6/5/2019 at 5:30 AM, TAMW said:

Questions for devs:

Sorting by player count on the launcher is depressing as hell. https://imgur.com/a/DUeCqia Just a bunch of servers with more guns! 3x loot! trader! map in your pocket!

There is a huge divide in the playerbase with how the game is played. Literally night and day. Unfortunately we are the minority and of course the devs will cater to the majority. Sad truth about life.

• Beans 2