Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

Nespesney just quit DayZ...

5 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Prove that they are working on implementing those missing pieces. You can't and thats a fact.

All you have to do is look at the patch notes for 1.01, 1.02 and 1.03 -- so far, since December 13, 2018, they've added two cars, several guns, a bunch of clothing, etc, etc.  To me, that proves it.  Is it slow as fuck?  Do they have a long way to go?  Yes, but I am keeping the faith that eventually, the remaining things missing from the game will be added.  If that's me being a cheerleader, so be it.  Your post makes it sound like all development has ceased, so "the party is over and it's time to stand up".  What does that mean exactly?  Are you planning to fly to the Czech Republic and protest in front of their offices until the game is completed to your satisfaction?

It is what it is.  It's a video game that was released too early, but is still being worked on.  The party is far from over -- the fat lady ain't even here yet.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

I know I'm just an xbox player but don't you think resources are better spent on optimizing the game and reducing glitches and bugs over adding new content that doesn't make the game runs better? What's the point of adding another car if the ones in the game already suck?

Xbox dayz is plagued with issues, tons of them and in the last two updates the game runs worse, all we got were new weapons, cars and items yet the game runs worse and because of said bugs the new items are non existent from dupping and they knew full well implementing new weapons would never be seen because of a problem they either refuse to fix or refuse to update us on how they plan on fixing it. All we get are mods stating a fix is in the process or it's being looked at. Radio silence is what we get too.

Seeing this thread has really made me think. Looks like the days are dark for us.

Edited by Flyingpapaya

I can't speak to DayZ on console -- don't own a console, never have and never will.

On PC, the game is already optimized very well -- it's usually always buttery smooth for me, assuming the server I'm playing on isn't misbehaving, getting DDOS'd, etc.

The point of adding content is that there are multiple sections within the development team -- some are tasked with bug fixing, some are tasked with creating new content, some are tasked with testing/implementing said new content.  In other words, you can't have everyone working on the same thing, that's not how software companies work.  Even if they stopped all development and attempted to fix every single bug before adding any new content, the moment they did resume and add something new, it would break something old that was unforeseen.  So, it makes more sense to do both simultaneously, assuming you have the resources to do so and they claim to have 80+ people working on DayZ.

Apparently, both XBOX and PS4 are going straight from 1.02 to 1.04 shortly after it comes out on PC in the not-too-distant future I believe, so actually, I think your days are about to get brighter @Flyingpapaya, so hang in there.

On 6/14/2019 at 9:27 PM, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Prove that they are working on implementing those missing pieces. You can't and thats a fact.

Look man, I'm not just representing myself, but thousands of players that are part of my community. I am their voice, I'm not laying down, and I'm fighting until the end. Stop being a cheerleader for these junior year drones. I did it for 7 years, the party is over and it's time to stand up. Look at my posts and content, all positive until recent. You're the new kid and town so take a seat sir.

It’s time to stand up, or take a seat? Which one is it? In all seriousness though, what you’re actually doing is telling people who are having fun that they’re wrong. The game has it’s highest average Steam player count for 3 years. Plenty of people are enjoying it. What about THOSE thousands of players in your community? If YOU think the party’s over why don’t you go home? At the very least, take a break, dude. 

10 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

It’s time to stand up, or take a seat? Which one is it? In all seriousness though, what you’re actually doing is telling people who are having fun that they’re wrong. The game has it’s highest average Steam player count for 3 years. Plenty of people are enjoying it. What about THOSE thousands of players in your community? If YOU think the party’s over why don’t you go home? At the very least, take a break, dude. 

I think he's supposed to stand up and I'm supposed to take a seat, if I read his obnoxiousness correctly.  😋

• Beans 1

Tell us new people, is it a good game, could it be the best game you've ever played? because back in the DayZ mod days I found it to be one of the best games I'd ever played, it was just so different from anything else. The intensity of encounters and sheer "oh fuck" feeling of being lost in Chernarus overwhelmed me for months, DayZ had me and my real life friends hooked better than any Class A's ever could.

What's important to remember is that people and players who have been here for years, through it all, have different mindsets and expectations, and it's understandable. I think a lot of people are always going to be searching and waiting for the DayZ they once loved to play come back and honestly it's like anything in life, you do it enough times and it all starts to get stale, dare I say.. even boring.. I doubt it's even possible for us to get them initial feels back, ever.

Oh what I'd give to have fresh eyes and hands on DayZ 😢 I envy all new players of DayZ, make the most of the feelings and experiences you have while playing, if us older players are testament to anything.. they wont last forever. 

Before you know it you'll be on the forums slating the devs asking for opinionated game saving changes and additions to the game, in a rabid attempt to get your DayZ fix back 🤣

Edited by [Gen]Adzic
Added something!
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, [Gen]Adzic said:

Tell us new people, is it a good game, could it be the best game you've ever played? because back in the DayZ mod days I found it to be one of the best games I'd ever played, it was just so different from anything else. The intensity of encounters and sheer "oh fuck" feeling of being lost in Chernarus overwhelmed me for months, DayZ had me and my real life friends hooked better than any Class A's ever could.

What's important to remember is that people and players who have been here for years, through it all, have different mindsets and expectations, and it's understandable. I think a lot of people are always going to be searching and waiting for the DayZ they once loved to play come back and honestly it's like anything in life, you do it enough times and it all starts to get stale, dare I say.. even boring.. I doubt it's even possible for us to get them initial feels back, ever.

Oh what I'd give to have fresh eyes and hands on DayZ 😢 I envy all new players of DayZ, make the most of the feelings and experiences you have while playing, if us older players are testament to anything.. they wont last forever. 

Before you know it you'll be on the forums slating the devs asking for opinionated game saving changes and additions to the game, in a rabid attempt to get your DayZ fix back 🤣

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head there, man.

And Weyland, I don’t want to start an argument with you. I just read that you run a server, I presume? So I guess you’re in pretty deep, and going nowhere. But yeah, 7 years is a long fucking time. How many other games can you say you’ve enjoyed for that long? Staleness is a guarantee. The core DayZ experience is still there, no? If you’re bored of that, how much difference is the missing ‘flavour’ going to make?

On 6/13/2019 at 1:27 PM, Max Planck said:

As for being called 'paranoid and immature', I think everything has been said. Orlok explained himself, and I think his record here speaks for itself. Do you remember him ever being mean, petty or willfully insulting? I don't, not for the past seven years I've known him. Me, I'd understand that. Not Orlok.

Isn't it time to let this go?

You just said you're mean, petty, and willfully insulting. Ok, got it, thanks for clearing that up.

On 6/13/2019 at 3:28 PM, Max Planck said:

If you are going to get worked up, get worked up on me. I'm the one who summarily ignored your reports on the matter. And, as usual, all complaints about me should be directed squarely at Impulz' inbasket.
Back on topic.

Why would I get worked up on you...did you call me immature or paranoid? Looks like bait to get me banned, which you erroneously did anyway.

Quoting to keep this from being edited.

On any forum since the dawn of forums its not the moderators position to ignore complaints about other moderators, thats a job for the administrator. You're moderation habits are corrupt and not fit for duty. Your job is to forward those reports to an administrator. 

Police policing the police never works out, common knowledge.

On 6/14/2019 at 5:03 PM, drgullen said:

All you have to do is look at the patch notes for 1.01, 1.02 and 1.03 -- so far, since December 13, 2018, they've added two cars, several guns, a bunch of clothing, etc, etc.  To me, that proves it.  Is it slow as fuck?  Do they have a long way to go?  Yes, but I am keeping the faith that eventually, the remaining things missing from the game will be added.  If that's me being a cheerleader, so be it.  Your post makes it sound like all development has ceased, so "the party is over and it's time to stand up".  What does that mean exactly?  Are you planning to fly to the Czech Republic and protest in front of their offices until the game is completed to your satisfaction?

It is what it is.  It's a video game that was released too early, but is still being worked on.  The party is far from over -- the fat lady ain't even here yet.

The sedan aka Olga 24 was added in 2015 dude. The red golf has been done since 2016 (https://trello.com/b/5yzeFpo2/dayz). All of those guns are old too. Clothing was done by Black Element Software late 2014 to mid 2015, again: https://trello.com/b/5yzeFpo2/dayz

Your syntax is wrong, the word you meant to use was readded, NOT added.

Development has ceased, are you not paying attention? Thats what 1.0 means, 15% new features and 85% bug fixing...right out of Brian Hicks (former Producer, former Creative Director) mouth. DayZ 1.0 or any game 1.0 means FEATURE COMPLETE, DayZ is NOT FEATURE COMPLETE.

The party is over and it's time to stand up means exactly that, it's time to stop being a fanboy (I did) and act like a customer who doesn't like being ripped off. Complaints make the world go round. Look at what the 400k reddit complaints did for Star Wars Battlefront 2...it had a DIRECT IMPACT on the IP and certain features were nixed.

It is what it is? Well, what is it? I'll telling you WHAT IT IS. You don't have to eat the steaming alpo they're giving you ya know.

On 6/20/2019 at 4:41 PM, ThePugman said:

And Weyland, I don’t want to start an argument with you. I just read that you run a server, I presume? So I guess you’re in pretty deep, and going nowhere. But yeah, 7 years is a long fucking time. How many other games can you say you’ve enjoyed for that long? Staleness is a guarantee. The core DayZ experience is still there, no? If you’re bored of that, how much difference is the missing ‘flavour’ going to make?

Several servers, for several years to be exact. Deep and going nowhere, jeesh thanks for the support. I haven't enjoyed playing DayZ for 7 years, not even close. I quit enjoying DayZ several years ago. Ask any solid DayZ admin how much they enjoy DayZ and they'll tell you the same answer and if they say they love it...they're lying. Man, I really enjoy sifting through logs catching hackers, glitchers, dupers etc. Thats the best part of DayZ is doing a job that I shouldn't have to do, due to the game being broke for years and the devs restricting your tools.

Now with GDRP nonsense, our job is 3x as hard. Got to have RCON running 24/7 on multiple machines in-case action needs to be taken because GUIDs are encrypted. Staleness doesn't exist for something thats not even on the shelf yet. The dough isn't even baked so how is it stale? This isn't a real 1.0, this is beta. Please stop arguing....like whats in it for you? Actually, I'm adding you to my ignore list so we don't argue anymore, it isn't productive. Thank you for your time...I guess (because I don't want to get banned just yet).

Back on topic...

I'm starting to think Nespesney was fired. As soon as I tweeted and asked him why he quit he favorited my tweet which I thought was interesting. He's updated his Twitter info and to me it looks like he might have been fired. "Freedom of choice has consequences" wasn't there before...

z2ibo3a.png

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

I haven't enjoyed playing DayZ for 7 years, not even close. I quit enjoying DayZ several years ago.

So why are you still here then?  Go play something else and stop being such a troll, posting lack of development on the very day that we've made some progress and throwing is now back in the game as are grenades.

You've claimed to speak for thousands -- I say you speak mostly just for yourself.  Most of us on here do still enjoy the game, even with all its faults and deficiencies.  I don't feel ripped off in the least -- I'm disappointed it was released missing features that were present in .62, but they are still working on it and as long as they are, I look forward to the game getting better and better.  Having said that, I'll be right there with you if new features don't continue being added and they suddenly announce "that's it, no more new stuff, this patch is the last patch ever."  At that point, if all features haven't been READDED as you say, then yes, I will feel ripped off.  Until then, I'm not going to lose my shit like you apparently have.

You don't enjoy it -- fair enough, but life's too short Weyland, just play something else in that case.  Please.

• Like 1

Honestly when looking at the patch notes of the last two patches I personally think it was probably the right move to continue work without Peter Nespensy. Allthough his intentions always were to make the game more hardcore ( which is of course a good thing) he often confused a hard game with hard mechanics and controls and we ended up with a so called hardcore survival game that had no hardcore survival elements but horrible hardcore gun, reload, movement, inventory and crafting mechanics.Same goes for the basebuilding...a system that does not make any sense. A lot of time was spent for all this stuff...time that I think would have been better inversted in real gameplay mechanics and quality of life improvments. Seeing the return of stuff like autowalk and the classic press R reload mechanic seem to be good indicators...I really hope they will implement barricading ( for small and large buildings) at some point and bring back the proper night lighting at least as an server option.

Not only implementing new/old stuff but also a change regarding a lot of game design aspects would maybe bring me back to play this game...and I guess not only me.

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, drgullen said:

So why are you still here then?  Go play something else and stop being such a troll, posting lack of development on the very day that we've made some progress and throwing is now back in the game as are grenades.

You've claimed to speak for thousands -- I say you speak mostly just for yourself.  Most of us on here do still enjoy the game, even with all its faults and deficiencies.  I don't feel ripped off in the least -- I'm disappointed it was released missing features that were present in .62, but they are still working on it and as long as they are, I look forward to the game getting better and better.  Having said that, I'll be right there with you if new features don't continue being added and they suddenly announce "that's it, no more new stuff, this patch is the last patch ever."  At that point, if all features haven't been READDED as you say, then yes, I will feel ripped off.  Until then, I'm not going to lose my shit like you apparently have.

You don't enjoy it -- fair enough, but life's too short Weyland, just play something else in that case.  Please.

When you decided to quote Weyland, why did you cherry pick two sentences that were actually directed to a forum user other than yourself? Are you unable to address the comments Weyland made to you? Instead, you decided to call OP a troll, claimed they lost their shit and told them to leave from the thread they started.

Apparently commenting with facts and/or opinions that others disagree with causes mass amounts of objectivity to just fly out the window.

I still enjoy playing the game but I'm not blind to the fact that millions of customers that bought the game aren't bothering to play because it's not the game that was originally described. It's currently post-1.0 and everyone that is playing now paid for the game. Should they have to do anything else?

If you don't want to point out flaws in the broken product that's fine, but quit trying to shut down anyone that does.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Chernarussian said:

When you decided to quote Weyland, why did you cherry pick two sentences that were actually directed to a forum user other than yourself? Are you unable to address the comments Weyland made to you? Instead, you decided to call OP a troll, claimed they lost their shit and told them to leave from the thread they started.

Apparently commenting with facts and/or opinions that others disagree with causes mass amounts of objectivity to just fly out the window.

I still enjoy playing the game but I'm not blind to the fact that millions of customers that bought the game aren't bothering to play because it's not the game that was originally described. It's currently post-1.0 and everyone that is playing now paid for the game. Should they have to do anything else?

If you don't want to point out flaws in the broken product that's fine, but quit trying to shut down anyone that does.

Sure I can address his comments -- his issue was basically that I used the word added instead of re-added.  So yeah, my bad for my horrible English there, I guess.

The bottom line is a game being redesigned on a new engine is still considered development, even if Weyland doesn't think it is.  Bohemia can't simply copy and paste the Olga 24 from 2015 into the Enfusion engine, quoting his example -- they have to DEVELOP a new version of it for that engine, as they must do for everything else currently missing from the game.  Sure, it's not development in the sense that they aren't designing a new type of enemy or an entirely different economy system, but it's development nonetheless because otherwise, all we'd be getting are bug fixes at this point.

My only beef with Bohemia is for a team of supposedly 80+ people, they are sure taking their sweet time in doing those things.  This doesn't want to make me revolt along the lines stated by Weyland, however.  I am also disappointed that 1.0 was released feature incomplete, but even in its current state, no other game can get my heart beating as DayZ encounters sometimes can.  As the "re-addening" continues, those encounters should only get better, so I see no reason to set our hair on fire just yet.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

I took a break from Dayz, again, and came back to it for the last weekend. Had a blast. Best 27 euros I've spent four years ago on a game, ever. 

2 hours ago, drgullen said:

Are you talking about Donald Trump here? 😋

Haha, might as well be!

On 6/14/2019 at 9:15 PM, Flyingpapaya said:

I know I'm just an xbox player but don't you think resources are better spent on optimizing the game and reducing glitches and bugs over adding new content that doesn't make the game runs better? What's the point of adding another car if the ones in the game already suck?

Xbox dayz is plagued with issues, tons of them and in the last two updates the game runs worse, all we got were new weapons, cars and items yet the game runs worse and because of said bugs the new items are non existent from dupping and they knew full well implementing new weapons would never be seen because of a problem they either refuse to fix or refuse to update us on how they plan on fixing it. All we get are mods stating a fix is in the process or it's being looked at. Radio silence is what we get too.

Seeing this thread has really made me think. Looks like the days are dark for us.

Thats usually done in Beta, however this is 2019 and its suppose to be released.

14 hours ago, kopo79 said:

next one is out of office....

Could anyone blame him, after the last few weeks/ months of abuse?  Granted, it may have been longer in the pipeline, but gee whiz, the hate...

• Beans 1