Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

Nespesney just quit DayZ...

32 minutes ago, amadieus said:

Who is that, and where did you hear this?

It's a joke. It's David Durcak who was originally set to replace Dean when he left. Hicks ended up taking that spot. David is a bit of a mystery...he still works for DayZ and makes the occasional retweet. But he's never brought up and nobody talks about him. It's like he doesn't even exist.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-13-dayz-without-dean-hall-what-now

https://dayz.gamepedia.com/Rocket

From ^ Dean “Rocket” Hall was the lead Developer at Bohemia Interactive for DayZ before handing responsibilities over to David Durcak in late 2014.

39 minutes ago, St. Jimmy said:

Not everyone want to live rest of their life in Czech 😉 That's at least what I thought about Dean, Torchia and Hicks leaving.

Misinformation.

Dean left because he didn't want to deal with Enfusion, ask any closed alpha tester. Dean also said on twitter/instagram recently he had a nervous breakdown during DayZ.

Source:

Hicks left due to medical reasons. High blood pressure or something, he said it in an interview with a DUG member.

Torchia still works for BI.

My name is Chris Torchia from Buffalo, NY, USA - currently living in Prague, Czech Republic. I have experience as an Art Director in the games industry and currently work at Bohemia Interactive Simulations overseeing the art department with locations in the US, UK, Australia, and Prague. 

Previously worked as Art Director on DayZ game and currently moonlight as an Art Director for Outsouce2.us, an outsourcing company.

Source: https://scubaman3d.artstation.com/resume

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Beans 2

Ah didn't know Torchia remained in Prague. Was pretty sure he was going back in US and continue with BISim there.

I was told Peter Nespesny is the 5th lead designer to move on from DayZ...

• Beans 3

33 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

I was told Peter Nespesny is the 5th lead designer to move on from DayZ...

Wow, I didn't know they had 5 in that particular position or do you mean leads from other departments like art, engine, physics, etc?

Do you know who they were?

15 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

What a fair comparison! Lead Designer is as important to an office as an office cleaner, hmm. OK!

Sarcasm is clearly lost on you but in any case, you tell that to Doris and see what happens next time you need your bin emptying.....

On a mildly serious note, theres a podcast in the uk by a premier league footballer. He said the most important person in the club wasnt the manager, the players, the CEO.... it was the kitman. He was the backbone of the club. He was one of the only constants in the club and knew everyone and everything. The players confided in him, the managers asked him how the players were really feeling etc etc. The players and managers just moved on whenever they got a better offer or out of contract.

With that in mind... maybe you want to re-address your cleaner is not as important as a lead designer comparison. Sometimes the 'insignificants' are quite the opposite.

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

On 6/5/2019 at 7:09 PM, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

It's a joke. It's David Durcak who was originally set to replace Dean when he left. Hicks ended up taking that spot. David is a bit of a mystery...he still works for DayZ and makes the occasional retweet. But he's never brought up and nobody talks about him. It's like he doesn't even exist.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-01-13-dayz-without-dean-hall-what-now

https://dayz.gamepedia.com/Rocket

From ^ Dean “Rocket” Hall was the lead Developer at Bohemia Interactive for DayZ before handing responsibilities over to David Durcak in late 2014.

Misinformation.

Dean left because he didn't want to deal with Enfusion, ask any closed alpha tester. Dean also said on twitter/instagram recently he had a nervous breakdown during DayZ.

Source:

Hicks left due to medical reasons. High blood pressure or something, he said it in an interview with a DUG member.

Torchia still works for BI.

Source: https://scubaman3d.artstation.com/resume

Which closed alpha testers were these?

My God ... What a panic?
People come and go as the case may be. I think that they had no reason to worry about the project, since the project is being carried out by others. Are you looking for concern?

Edited by lex__1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, OrLoK said:

Which closed alpha testers were these?

Why, so you can run to the brass?

Dean was absolutely looking for the quickest buck which is why he didn't sell it to anybody other than Bohemia. He literally said that in a video (not the quick buck part verbatim), I can't find it right now but I will and I'll post it. He talks about the offers and said he didn't do it because they would have to redo it from the beginning and he didn't want to do that.

Thats pretty much what happened with Enfusion. Am I wrong?

Thank you so much Peter your legacy will not be forgotten I look forward to polishing the masterpiece you have given us. I am definitely going to eat some innocent survivors on the coast in your honor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Why, so you can run to the brass?

Dean was absolutely looking for the quickest buck which is why he didn't sell it to anybody other than Bohemia. He literally said that in a video (not the quick buck part verbatim), I can't find it right now but I will and I'll post it. He talks about the offers and said he didn't do it because they would have to redo it from the beginning and he didn't want to do that.

Thats pretty much what happened with Enfusion. Am I wrong?

well, I can say  diplomats from an embassy told me you were 100pc wrong.

And Victoria Secret models tell me i'm attractive.

See how that works? If you cant site your sources they cant be taken at face value.

2 hours ago, OrLoK said:

well, I can say  diplomats from an embassy told me you were 100pc wrong.

And Victoria Secret models tell me i'm attractive.

See how that works? If you cant site your sources they cant be taken at face value.

Which diplomats from the embassy were those?

Of course you/they are going to say that. Like if I give you my source('s) that will make it true as compared to false?

See how that works? If you cant site your sources they cant be taken at face value..right?

When someone makes a claim and the first question coming back is who said that instead of a something like that's not true or etc, it has a very big impact on the validity of the initial statement. Any good interrogator wants to get the source before anything else so they can stomp it out and then proceed with the necessary damage control.

A find interesting that you're out here posting diplomats from an embassy told me (you) something about BI's best kept secret, but we can't even get ImpulZ, Eugen, White 'no idea whats in the game' Glasses, Doris, or anybody posting about the current state of certain bugs - like the combination lock or cars blowing up all over the map. 

You kind of remind me of Paul Ritter (Anatoly Dyatlov), from the Chernobyl series right now. No, the reactor didn't blow...thats not graphite! 

BOSkN8n.png

On 6/7/2019 at 6:26 PM, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Which diplomats from the embassy were those?

Of course you/they are going to say that. Like if I give you my source('s) that will make it true as compared to false?

See how that works? If you cant site your sources they cant be taken at face value..right?

When someone makes a claim and the first question coming back is who said that instead of a something like that's not true or etc, it has a very big impact on the validity of the initial statement. Any good interrogator wants to get the source before anything else so they can stomp it out and then proceed with the necessary damage control.

A find interesting that you're out here posting diplomats from an embassy told me (you) something about BI's best kept secret, but we can't even get ImpulZ, Eugen, White 'no idea whats in the game' Glasses, Doris, or anybody posting about the current state of certain bugs - like the combination lock or cars blowing up all over the map. 

You kind of remind me of Paul Ritter (Anatoly Dyatlov), from the Chernobyl series right now. No, the reactor didn't blow...thats not graphite! 

<snip>

I think you are a little bit paranoid tbh.

You're seeing issues where there likely isnt any.

Unlike Dyatlov, Im open to proof/facts and logic and indeed am *known* for not always following the party line.

But although the dynamic of the devs to the users relationship as changed since Dean/Brian I am not seeing any major indicators of strife or difficulty.

Yes, we've has a spate of staff turnover but this on its own is not *proof* of  corporate issue or problems.

We have to wait and see if other indicators pop up, which to follow you analogy Dyatlov ignored. At the moment we dont have any other indicators.

Lastly, a game going tits up, whilst unfortunate, is hardly in the same vein as Chernobyl.

On 6/11/2019 at 7:41 AM, OrLoK said:

You're seeing issues where there likely isnt any.

Unlike Dyatlov, Im open to proof/facts and logic and indeed am *known* for not always following the party line.

But although the dynamic of the devs to the users relationship as changed since Dean/Brian I am not seeing any major indicators of strife or difficulty.

Yes, we've has a spate of staff turnover but this on its own is not *proof* of  corporate issue or problems.

We have to wait and see if other indicators pop up, which to follow you analogy Dyatlov ignored. At the moment we dont have any other indicators.

Lastly, a game going tits up, whilst unfortunate, is hardly in the same vein as Chernobyl.

I'm immature, and now I'm paranoid? Wow, you got me completely figured out now!

Sean Moss, Steak and Potatoes, Kich, DemonGroover, SmashT, BoneBoys, AmberHelios, Inception...where they at now?

• Beans 1

12 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

I'm immature, and now I'm paranoid? Wow, you got me completely figured out now!

Sean Moss, Steak and Potatoes, Kich, DemonGroover, SmashT, BoneBoys, AmberHelios, Inception...where they at now?

Again, you are blowing something up way out of proportion.

Perhaps its the way I type in English (ie with our idiosyncrasies) Im not saying you *are* paranoid, rather you are coming across as such in this thread. I dont remember anything about immaturity.

If I've misstyped, I apologise.

I used to get into all sorts of scrapes with my American Girlfriend as although we both spoke "English" there are vast dialectic nuances and differences which don't translate.

As to the other mods, what about them?

Im still in touch with many. Some are on "leave" as the forums, whilst busy, are not at their "viral" levels, so don't need as much attention and others have simply got other more important priorities

Indeed I dont post here much as Im mainly taking care of my Mum who has Dementia and my Dad who has heart/chest problems. Mods being 100pc here or not has nothing to do with the game.

Or am I missing the point you are trying to make?

The devs *have* adopted a more "Hello Games" slanted style of comms, but even then are still *way* more communicative than HG.

If there was any major issues I wouldnt waste my time *defending* the devs as I personally get very little from moderating other than chatting with some chum/chumesses.

• Beans 1

5 hours ago, OrLoK said:

Again, you are blowing something up way out of proportion.

Perhaps its the way I type in English (ie with our idiosyncrasies) Im not saying you *are* paranoid, rather you are coming across as such in this thread. I dont remember anything about immaturity.

If I've misstyped, I apologise.

I used to get into all sorts of scrapes with my American Girlfriend as although we both spoke "English" there are vast dialectic nuances and differences which don't translate.

As to the other mods, what about them?

Im still in touch with many. Some are on "leave" as the forums, whilst busy, are not at their "viral" levels, so don't need as much attention and others have simply got other more important priorities

Indeed I dont post here much as Im mainly taking care of my Mum who has Dementia and my Dad who has heart/chest problems. Mods being 100pc here or not has nothing to do with the game.

Or am I missing the point you are trying to make?

The devs *have* adopted a more "Hello Games" slanted style of comms, but even then are still *way* more communicative than HG.

If there was any major issues I wouldnt waste my time *defending* the devs as I personally get very little from moderating other than chatting with some chum/chumesses.

I'm not blowing anything out of proportion. Everybody has left, down to the moderators.

It's not the way you type, it's the content of your thoughts. You literally said I'm am paranoid, those are the words you chose to use and thats an insult. Right here below you call me immature.

On 6/5/2019 at 7:08 AM, OrLoK said:

Lets not insult other users even though they may be vocal in a immature way.

Dress it up however you want to make it look like you didn't say that but you did in fact say I'm being immature when I'm clearly not. Since mid 2012, I've followed everything about DayZ with a fine-toothed comb. I'm real life friends with Bohemia staff from before Arma 2, long before you were here. No I won't give you his name. Almost everything I post is carefully calculated.

You're from the old England and I'm from the New England, literally. Nuance wise, we speak the same exact language and that's a fact. In fact, I have a language degree so I'm a bit of an expert in the field. 

Many mods left because DayZ is a long standing joke since pre-alpha. Devs would run to Musty crew when they ran into coding blocks and Musty would fix it. Prove me wrong.

On leave? They've left! They're here 0%. Relatively recently y'all have added forum staff.

Hello Games, jeesh. I'm gutted to see you say that. Sean Murray duped the public and got destroyed over it. I followed that IP for years and was the first person to post (when NMS hit Steam Store on Day 1 I noticed no MP and immediately started posting) on why No Man's Sky pulled MP on various platforms before the shit hit the fan. He even tried blaming Sony, made up lies about his Twitter getting hacked, drunk emails to media outlets, you name it. Hello games is a literal joke led by a scoundral who duped the public and stole the Superfomula for NMS from a company called Genicap. Associating them in any way, shape, or form with Bohemia/DayZ makes me very sad.

You know whats really interesting? Martin Čulák literally claims to have significantly improve the broken developer/customer communication with DayZ and it's customers

Do you believe that?

The moderators take breaks, sometimes long ones, I know I've taken at least three of them. With the forum being fairly slow, it's a good time to do that. Also, Ceppy still posts and I talked to Kichi yesterday. It's not a sign of the end times.
Regarding 'who knows who in Bohemia', it shouldn't affect the forums in any way.

As for being called 'paranoid and immature', I think everything has been said. Orlok explained himself, and I think his record here speaks for itself. Do you remember him ever being mean, petty or willfully insulting? I don't, not for the past seven years I've known him. Me, I'd understand that. Not Orlok.

Isn't it time to let this go?

Edited by Max Planck

1 hour ago, Max Planck said:

The moderators take breaks, sometimes long ones, I know I've taken at least three of them. With the forum being fairly slow, it's a good time to do that. Also, Ceppy still posts and I talked to Kichi yesterday. It's not a sign of the end times.
Regarding 'who knows who in Bohemia', it shouldn't affect the forums in any way.

As for being called 'paranoid and immature', I think everything has been said. Orlok explained himself, and I think his record here speaks for itself. Do you remember him ever being mean, petty or willfully insulting? I don't, not for the past seven years I've known him. Me, I'd understand that. Not Orlok.

Isn't it time to let this go?

He's the one keeping the fire lit, not me. I've been insulted multiple x and I have never once insulted nor called Orlok a name. Orlok is obviously under a lot of stress in his real life and that effects people, trust me - I've been in the same position as him...worse actually. I'm sorry he's going through that with his folks...I really am, but taking out on me isn't cool. Times change, people change, and I'm being called names...thats wrong Max. There are plethora of other options than immature and paranoid. I've contributed quite a bit and I feel like I'm continiously being treated unfairly since I've questioned the motives of the direction with DayZ.

Discussions on why devs and additional staff are leaving is important for people to know that are investing their precious time. I don't want this topic locked due to it taking a different direction, but it's not me doing that. I never made this personal and that's a fact.

2 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

I'm being called names.

No.
Orlok said:

On 6/11/2019 at 1:41 PM, OrLoK said:

to you, and:

On 6/5/2019 at 1:08 PM, OrLoK said:

Lets not insult other users even though they may be vocal in a immature way.

To the public in general.
That's all that happened. And it ends here.

If you are going to get worked up, get worked up on me. I'm the one who summarily ignored your reports on the matter. And, as usual, all complaints about me should be directed squarely at Impulz' inbasket.
Back on topic.

Edited by Max Planck
and now I'm editing my editing comments...
  • Beans 4

I haven't posted on here in a while -- I see it's still the same warm and friendly place I remember!  😋

The reason Peter decided to quit (or was let go or whatever) is entirely between him and Bohemia and quite frankly, is none of our business.  All we can do is thank him for all his efforts these past years and wish him well for his future.

Not to belittle his role, but he will either be replaced or his position will be dissolved.  I doubt much is going to change in terms of the direction DayZ will take going forward -- it's now released on PC and two consoles and the general idea of what the game is supposed to be is already in place.  There is not much "development" left to do per say -- there are still lots of things missing from the game, like helicopters, bone fractures, vaulting, etc., but there is already a road map in place for eventually getting those things into the game and all we can do is believe the developers when they tell us those things will one day be in the game again.

I think at the end of the day, the Doris analogy given earlier is correct -- you can have some of the top brass leave and the company will go on, but if Doris stops cleaning the shitter, the office descends into anarchy in no time at all.  The point being that Bohemia and DayZ will carry on just fine until the inevitable day that they announce version number whatever dot whatever is the last version with new things added.  I'm sure even without Peter involved, that day is still a ways down the road and will unfold much like it would have had Peter not departed the company.  if Doris stops showing up though (i.e. those hard workers doing the programming), then we might have something to worry about.

So Peter, best of luck to you sir, thank you for your accomplishments with Bohemia over the years and good luck with whatever you do next.

• Confused 1
  • Beans 3

18 hours ago, drgullen said:

but there is already a road map in place for eventually getting those things into the game and all we can do is believe the developers when they tell us those things will one day be in the game again.

Wrong. There is no roadmap.

44 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

There is no published roadmap, that is true.  What I meant is that the development team are aware of what's missing in the game and are working on implementing those missing pieces.

1 hour ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

And there really should be.  At least, in a broad form. One of the main reasons for all this fighting and arguing and bickering is, nature abhors a vacuum.   The devs have created a vacuum, by going almost entirely silent.  Well, nature (us) reacts, and we fill the silence, with debates and ideas, then fighting.  If they talked about something, *anything*, people would have some material to discuss and react to. We are the dogs, but with no bone to chew on, we start chewing on each other, which is no good. 

From my own business education and background, a good example would be a big company (the devs) suddenly stops their regular shareholder meetings, earnings calls, stock coverage by the various market watchers, etc, where before they did these. The market's reaction would be panic selling.  That's kind of what's happening here, and it's entirely preventable.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, drgullen said:

There is no published roadmap, that is true.  What I meant is that the development team are aware of what's missing in the game and are working on implementing those missing pieces.

Prove that they are working on implementing those missing pieces. You can't and thats a fact.

Look man, I'm not just representing myself, but thousands of players that are part of my community. I am their voice, I'm not laying down, and I'm fighting until the end. Stop being a cheerleader for these junior year drones. I did it for 7 years, the party is over and it's time to stand up. Look at my posts and content, all positive until recent. You're the new kid and town so take a seat sir.