bent.toe

Could we get working wrist watches in the game, please.

I need to be able to tell time. 

If I log in to a server and it's night i want to know how long it's left until sunrise. 

• Like 1

To keep things realistic, half the time the player must find a battery, and most of the time the player needs to set the watch to the correct time himself.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, -Gews- said:

To keep things realistic, half the time the player must find a battery, and most of the time the player needs to set the watch to the correct time himself.

Guess your not a watch guy? 

5 of my watches are automatic and 2 are solarpowered. The other 9 are quartz. 

Guess which i would take with me in case of an apocalypse? 

1 hour ago, bent.toe said:

mmm, but this would be a dayZ watch .  .  . . and you would probably have to set the time by cherno or novo clock tower

2 hours ago, bent.toe said:

waterproof mechanical  that has hands on it not a digital readout
= obviously =

1 hour ago, aux7 said:

mmm, but this would be a dayZ watch .  .  . . and you would probably have to set the time by cherno or novo clock tower

And I would probably need to assembly the whole watch in-game 😃

from watch repair shops across the map . ..

mechanical water proof watches only heli spawn

green military watches from mil bases

civilian watches  . . . . large cities

I’m surprised you’re asking for a new feature bent, I’d figure you’d opt more for exploit/bug fixes and optimization’s over this.

That said, the sun is the best indicator for time of day. Done the raid once things are fixed...sure watches would be a neat feature.

1 hour ago, Nayte said:

I’m surprised you’re asking for a new feature bent, I’d figure you’d opt more for exploit/bug fixes and optimization’s over this.

That said, the sun is the best indicator for time of day. Done the raid once things are fixed...sure watches would be a neat feature.

True. I want fixes and optimizing first. 

But since night is long (in my opinion, versues day light) i would like to know what time it is. If I log in and it's pitch black... Is it 1am? 3an? How long til dawn? Should i leave or wait it out? 

I don’t need to know what time it is during daylight, only at night so i know how long i have to wait. 

Sure i move around at night aswell, flashlights and road flares... But its not fun, at all. The time i get to play a game i like, should give me joy for those 2-3 hours. Not pitch black darkness.. and boredom. 

8 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

True. I want fixes and optimizing first. 

But since night is long (in my opinion, versues day light) i would like to know what time it is. If I log in and it's pitch black... Is it 1am? 3an? How long til dawn? Should i leave or wait it out? 

I don’t need to know what time it is during daylight, only at night so i know how long i have to wait. 

Sure i move around at night aswell, flashlights and road flares... But its not fun, at all. The time i get to play a game i like, should give me joy for those 2-3 hours. Not pitch black darkness.. and boredom. 

Fair enough, I’m just waiting for some serious fixes before I invest more time.

Fingers crosses the next major update addresses the key issues.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bent.toe said:

If I log in and it's pitch black... Is it 1am? 3an? How long til dawn? Should i leave or wait it out?

Not meaning to sound like a smart-ass, as that's not my intention at all, but you also have the option of PLAYING.  With that said.....once there are some critical issues fixed, watches would be a cool addition.  Another option is maybe have "local time" indicated on the server list.

On 6/4/2019 at 1:22 AM, bent.toe said:

I need to be able to tell time. 

If I log in to a server and it's night i want to know how long it's left until sunrise. 

Hey. What kind of watch do you want? Rolex, Panerai, Breitling? STAY! maybe you want apple watch 4 with water protection? But seriously, this is not necessary. Or if you really want,  use the OLGA panel. There is already a clock on the right side.

13 hours ago, bent.toe said:

@Stagman70

11 hours ago, bent.toe said:

What IS interesting, exciting, and a bit edgy is roaming a mil site at night and seeing a lit road flare on the ground in the distance.  Is the dude still there?  Is it a trap?  Is he geared and dead somewhere close because the zeds got him?  That'll get your heart pumping.  No boredom there.

4 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

What IS interesting, exciting, and a bit edgy is roaming a mil site at night and seeing a lit road flare on the ground in the distance.  Is the dude still there?  Is it a trap?  Is he geared and dead somewhere close because the zeds got him?  That'll get your heart pumping.  No boredom there.

Yeah.. But someone, at the same camp, on the same server, at the same time? Unlikely. 

I do loot bases at night, roam cities, light a fireplace etc. The thing is.. night in this game are not fun. 

2 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Yeah.. But someone, at the same camp, on the same server, at the same time? Unlikely.

You say that but it does happen. I was on a server (on pc and the server will remain nameless) Battlemetrics said two people on line, so me and some other person. Im raiding a mil base feeling pretty good, then wander down the road (ok alongside the road in the woods, usual procedure) to go to raid the nearby holiday camp. I check (from the trees) the surroundings then go to cross the road to go round the back of the holiday camp to stay under cover. Ive barely put my foot on the road when the screen goes black, dead. Someone was camping  . . . .. . on an empty server . . . .

Another time at Balota air base, 2am. I wander in through the trees and meet a player with a shotgun. (I was a newspawn, but not relevant) Bam , dead.

17 minutes ago, aux7 said:

You say that but it does happen. I was on a server (on pc and the server will remain nameless) Battlemetrics said two people on line, so me and some other person. Im raiding a mil base feeling pretty good, then wander down the road (ok alongside the road in the woods, usual procedure) to go to raid the nearby holiday camp. I check (from the trees) the surroundings then go to cross the road to go round the back of the holiday camp to stay under cover. Ive barely put my foot on the road when the screen goes black, dead. Someone was camping  . . . .. . on an empty server . . . .

Another time at Balota air base, 2am. I wander in through the trees and meet a player with a shotgun. (I was a newspawn, but not relevant) Bam , dead.

It happens.. But as I said. Unlikely. 

The times i been looting bases alone vs the times i met a player are 1 to 100