vfxtodd

How can I find a daytime server?

The last couple times I played, I kept spawning on night time servers. Is there a way to find a day time server?

Thanks in advance.

You could try waiting out the night, it last about an hour of real time. Otherwise keep server hopping and eventually you should come across a server where its daytime. I thought all servers ran the same time, they dont. It was night the other day when I played but I changed server and it was midday when I spawned.

Try to Survive the night instead of server hopping.

Use your flare, move cautiously and hold up in buildings if you manage to stock up on food and water. Once dawn breaks you'll have the whole day to loot.

• Like 2

Played this morning. After doing a bit of research (watching a YouTube video) I found out how easy it is to make a camp fire and start cooking meats.

I managed to chase a chicken, kill it with my axe, butcher it and cook it all during the night. I also managed to make a few torches but they don't burn for long without adding animal fats.

I do agree though the nights are a little too dark. 

22 hours ago, chili1496 said:

use battlemetrics for server real time

Hmm can never find battlemetrics on official PS4 servers.. Care to list it? 

On 6/4/2019 at 3:56 PM, etaab said:

Played this morning. After doing a bit of research (watching a YouTube video) I found out how easy it is to make a camp fire and start cooking meats.

I managed to chase a chicken, kill it with my axe, butcher it and cook it all during the night. I also managed to make a few torches but they don't burn for long without adding animal fats.

I do agree though the nights are a little too dark. 

I think you can make torches last longer by adding resin from a tree. I think you just use the torch on the tree?

I miss the time when they had moonlight in DayZ during the night cycle. It gave the environment that nice blueish light over the scene. I wish they stuck with that.

On 6/3/2019 at 6:38 PM, vfxtodd said:

The last couple times I played, I kept spawning on night time servers. Is there a way to find a day time server?

Thanks in advance.

The quickest way to find a day time server is joining a high / full pop server, seems no one likes playing in the dark. I really like it, adds to the fear factor.

On 6/19/2019 at 7:39 AM, RagedDrew said:

The quickest way to find a day time server is joining a high / full pop server, seems no one likes playing in the dark. I really like it, adds to the fear factor.

I do like the night time. But, I wish they brought back the moonlight they had a while back, where you could still see around you but there were still plenty of shadowed areas.

On 6/26/2019 at 9:23 PM, vfxtodd said:

I do like the night time. But, I wish they brought back the moonlight they had a while back, where you could still see around you but there were still plenty of shadowed areas.

Yeah I agree, there's no way a moon the size I've seen can't cast some sort of light.

Everytime i wanna play its nightime, gotta camp a buildings and wait 1h+ evrrytiiiiime, i cant use head light cuz i use something els i need, i cant use flashlight in my hands cuz i have 2 Guns so ye.. And i cant drop my loot cuz i have No tent been looking for many days now, this is Just fucked UP, i dont have a problem with night time but i cant use any light If i cant drop my loot some where safe!! This is so stupid, makes me wanna refund this crap. 

Ok. Possibly first get the Compass out. You then can use the map and the significant builldings as landmark also in the night (sometimes its possible to even see those against the sky).

You can use the night to get nearer to your planned target (loot spot).

Tents are at industrial and construction Areas for example. Possibly a Barrel will do too for now?

Day/Night is just luck. if you annoyed of the night, continue to leave and choose a new Server till you found a day time one. There are Always day time Servers active.

Edited by CPUTestUnit

On 6/4/2019 at 11:18 AM, Kodie Collings said:

that sucks even on most server you can control the gamma and brightness what with night without any ambient lighting hows that realistic real world night comes and it like you have been crammed in a cupboard totally bull really console gamers want to have fun not spend there time getting eye strain in the dark wake up ive been gaming since the zx81 and used to love this on the pc but all the user interaction have been removed and settingd 

On 7/6/2019 at 11:17 AM, Zwoozh said:

Everytime i wanna play its nightime, gotta camp a buildings and wait 1h+ evrrytiiiiime, i cant use head light cuz i use something els i need, i cant use flashlight in my hands cuz i have 2 Guns so ye.. And i cant drop my loot cuz i have No tent been looking for many days now, this is Just fucked UP, i dont have a problem with night time but i cant use any light If i cant drop my loot some where safe!! This is so stupid, makes me wanna refund this crap. 

You can’t have it all your own way. To see at night, you’ve either got to sacrifice your helmet, or your hand slot. It’s called risk-reward. Without that kind of trade off the game would be boring.