Sign in to follow this  
ThePugman

PS4 Player ID

Why do player IDs display when you get close, or hear someone speak? Why is this specific to the PS4 release? Not necessarily saying it’s a bad thing, but really curious as to why it happens.

22 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

Why do player IDs display when you get close, or hear someone speak? Why is this specific to the PS4 release? Not necessarily saying it’s a bad thing, but really curious as to why it happens.

It is a mandatory requirement for PlayStation games. There are no plans to bring this system to any other platform.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

It is a mandatory requirement for PlayStation games. There are no plans to bring this system to any other platform.

Thanks man, I wonder if it will be removed when the replacement for ‘check pulse’ is added. I hope so!

IMO I would like to see the dialog box made smaller and moved to the bottom right the same as admin messages. In the top middle of the screen is very distracting and the box is too big right now.

3 hours ago, etaab said:

IMO I would like to see the dialog box made smaller and moved to the bottom right the same as admin messages. In the top middle of the screen is very distracting and the box is too big right now.

This is the PS4 version we are talking about... I don’t see any admin message boxes. 

I dont know whether you'd call it admin messages, but I do, I mean the ones that come on periodically in the bottom left corner that mention feedback, server restarts etc usually in red text.

I've heard they have gamer tags in game and server indicator for day and night time in the current servers 

What do you mean with ingame? When u press start an go on online u also see all gamertags in game. An that day/time thing is defi not true. Ive watched couple ps4 streams  an there Serverbrowser looks exactly like ouers

• Like 1

Gamertags show up in game when putting your crosshairs on someone. And the day night server identification is just false.

If the gamertag thing is true, I hope that's NOT something that gets implemented on the XBox. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

6 hours ago, Acids House said:

Gamertags show up in game when putting your crosshairs on someone.

this is a joke right?

That's fucked up. I was gonna be pissed if they can dee what server is day and night. Like why the hell dont we have that. And why would they be able to see gamer tags in the game. That's stupid. 

3 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

If the gamertag thing is true, I hope that's NOT something that gets implemented on the XBox. 

Won't happen. 

This is strictly a demand from Sony. Guess it's to prevent bad attitude online. 

• Haha 1

On 6/4/2019 at 3:40 AM, etaab said:

I dont know whether you'd call it admin messages, but I do, I mean the ones that come on periodically in the bottom left corner that mention feedback, server restarts etc usually in red text.

Ah, got ya. 

I was shocked when i saw that the ID of the player appears when you aim at someone or the person speaks in a mic, this goes againts what DayZ is, honestly i don't think the PS4 version is worth with such thing.

37 minutes ago, MarczXD320 said:

I was shocked when i saw that the ID of the player appears when you aim at someone or the person speaks in a mic, this goes againts what DayZ is, honestly i don't think the PS4 version is worth with such thing.

Yeah... Forgot the status within the the game is, and instead of that moan about gamertags on Playstation 🤔

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, TheDrifT3r_Cz said:

Yeah... Forgot the status within the the game is, and instead of that moan about gamertags on Playstation 🤔

Forums are for discussing all sorts of issues. Not just moaning about the same issue in every thread that the devs are already aware of. 🤔

18 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Forums are for discussing all sorts of issues. Not just moaning about the same issue in every thread that the devs are already aware of. 🤔

They are aware of.. 😅😅🙃 For 5 years of course.. If they were awere of, these bugs probably haven't been in the game. So, yes there is a roam for moaning about these issues. 

And I don't say, that forum is only for discussing one issue. Everyone should moan for how developers approach to the DayZ.. But no, they will be happy, that they get 2 new weapon after 2 months.. 

Edited by TheDrifT3r_Cz

21 minutes ago, TheDrifT3r_Cz said:

If they were awere of, these bugs probably haven't been in the game.

Duping, ghosting and server hopping have been in the game for years and people have been discussing it on the forums for years. Why hijack a thread completely unrelated to it when there are already numerous threads dedicated to it. Just saying. 

1 minute ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Duping, ghosting and server hopping have been in the game for years and people have been discussing it on the forums for years. Why hijack a thread completely unrelated to it when there are already numerous threads dedicated to it. Just saying. 

You answer your question by yourself.. Because "have been in the game for years" and nobody do anything about it 🙃

2 hours ago, TheDrifT3r_Cz said:

You answer your question by yourself.. Because "have been in the game for years" and nobody do anything about it 🙃

Ok bob

The gamertag showing on the PS4 was actually a requirement by Sony/PlayStation.

Sign in to follow this