GolemNo9

New dayz players on ps4

Had some buddies from work ask about dayz. So of course I gave them the run down on what to expect and all the pros and cons. They picked it up yesterday and both got to play after work. 

They started on a server that was getting dark and were lucky to find each other after a few deaths from no water. Again new players understandable who've never heard of the game. So they link up and go to check a 2 story house. Once inside they begin to hear another player heavy breathing through his mic. Then the look down to see dead bodies and human steak. They were unarmed and ran for the hills laughing the whole way. 

They have the bug now since they are so excited to play bugs and all because they have never played a sandbox game like this. That once experience has won them over. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, GolemNo9 said:

Had some buddies from work ask about dayz. So of course I gave them the run down on what to expect and all the pros and cons. They picked it up yesterday and both got to play after work. 

They started on a server that was getting dark and were lucky to find each other after a few deaths from no water. Again new players understandable who've never heard of the game. So they link up and go to check a 2 story house. Once inside they begin to hear another player heavy breathing through his mic. Then the look down to see dead bodies and human steak. They were unarmed and ran for the hills laughing the whole way. 

They have the bug now since they are so excited to play bugs and all because they have never played a sandbox game like this. That once experience has won them over. 

Hell yea man glad to hear it! If only I could sway my buddies to fork over the the cash...

• Beans 1

So far they think it's worth it  having never played a game like dayz with so much freedom if only it was cross platform 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

I think we can say we all remember the 1st most awesome moment that made you want to experience as much as possible in this game. For me it was in 2012 with the mod, when it released i was blown away as there was nothing else like dayz and trying to stay alive long enough to meet a couple of freinds and yearning for the most basic items to survive only just finding food and drink just in time before starving and dehydrating. Lying to a freind saying i dont have any food when really i have 1 tin of food but i know i'll be hungry soon so i cant give it away. (mind you back in the mod days you could not share the food, you click to eat it auto ate the entire food can at once)

There was also awesome feature in the mod where a player could catch a cold that you needed antibiotics to fix. If said cold was not treated the player would start to randomly cough and it would intensify and other players could catch the cold or "cough" via proximity to sick player. This feature was such a great tension builder as the zombies were attracted to the coughing sound aswell. I hope this feature comes back one day.

• Beans 1

I know this is a strange question, but do you guys think the PS4 playerbase will surpass the Xbox ? 

Well ps4 has over double the amount of players as xbox so it would be logical to think that, it will also be a better game on PS4 because Microsoft's servers are pathetic compared to Sony's

On 6/2/2019 at 4:21 PM, MarczXD320 said:

I know this is a strange question, but do you guys think the PS4 playerbase will surpass the Xbox ? 

It’s very possible, however the more players DayZ has in general the better.

More revenue will hopefully translate to more devs, better tech, with more frequent and better quality updates/fixes.

One can wish..

How would you guys feel about cross platform play between Xbox and PS?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, john garcia said:

How would you guys feel about cross platform play between Xbox and PS?

Well, several games already do that, Fortnite, Dauntless, Rocket League, even the next Call of Duty.

I don't see why not.

On 6/2/2019 at 4:15 AM, liquidcactus said:

I think we can say we all remember the 1st most awesome moment that made you want to experience as much as possible in this game. For me it was in 2012 with the mod, when it released i was blown away as there was nothing else like dayz and trying to stay alive long enough to meet a couple of freinds and yearning for the most basic items to survive only just finding food and drink just in time before starving and dehydrating. Lying to a freind saying i dont have any food when really i have 1 tin of food but i know i'll be hungry soon so i cant give it away. (mind you back in the mod days you could not share the food, you click to eat it auto ate the entire food can at once)

There was also awesome feature in the mod where a player could catch a cold that you needed antibiotics to fix. If said cold was not treated the player would start to randomly cough and it would intensify and other players could catch the cold or "cough" via proximity to sick player. This feature was such a great tension builder as the zombies were attracted to the coughing sound aswell. I hope this feature comes back one day.

We had (still have?) this on xbox and I catch the sneezing /cough and gave it to my team mates. They got so tired of the cough that they took of their gear and jumped off a roof. 

Back in december i caught the cold 

Edited by bent.toe

On 6/6/2019 at 2:27 PM, bent.toe said:

We had (still have?) this on xbox and I catch the sneezing /cough and gave it to my team mates. They got so tired of the cough that they took of their gear and jumped off a roof. 

Back in december i caught the cold 

Oh well thats interesting. I realy did not think its on the pc version or maybe it is I'm confused. Great to hear its in the xbox version atleast.

19 hours ago, liquidcactus said:

Oh well thats interesting. I realy did not think its on the pc version or maybe it is I'm confused. Great to hear its in the xbox version atleast.

Great? It drives you fucking crazy. You character cough and sneezes every 30 sec. Loud. So good luck going anywhere and finding a friend to play with. 

Took me around 8-10 hours of real game time to get rid off it. 

Not great at all.. 

22 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Great? It drives you fucking crazy. You character cough and sneezes every 30 sec. Loud. So good luck going anywhere and finding a friend to play with. 

Took me around 8-10 hours of real game time to get rid off it. 

Not great at all.. 

i play with freinds but never seen it recently or ever. I guess you dont like the feature cause its hard ^_^ welcome to dayz sonny !

32 minutes ago, liquidcactus said:

i play with freinds but never seen it recently or ever. I guess you dont like the feature cause its hard ^_^ welcome to dayz sonny !

Got 700+ hours in the game. Done everything there is to do, Seen everything there is to see. 

Don’t act like you know me.