Sign in to follow this  
alphagamer1981

ghosting and base gate bug

So we added the hotfix patch that was added last week and we have had nothing but problems. It didn't fix combination locks, it didn't fix the invisible wall when you open your gate, and now people on my server are getting frustrated and starting to give up playing dayz because of this ghosting glitch where numerous items stop working properly like opening cans, using tools to build base parts and the ghost bullets that do no damage. When is this getting fixed because its game breaking at the moment

Its not like we didn't warn the devs a few years ago of this problem. We asked them to check out Exile base building system, that forced a person out of the base if they tried to glitch in.

Brute force lock picking can be also coded to slow you down, 1 minute or 2 minute retry.

When you lose the ability to open cans, use tools, etc, check your server's FPS. You might find it's dropped very very low. I had this problem and I tracked it down to some rather large bases on my server. Everything would be find until I arrived at this base, then the server FPS dropped way down. i ended up wiping the database because I couldn't even delete the base parts with my admin tool because of the lag.

• Beans 1