ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.03.151552

Well after this patch my compass no longer works and I am unable to open cans. Worst is I just died on my server because the axe does no damage against the zombies. I verified my client files before dying.. Anyone else running into this behavior???

Fixed: Item weight penalty is not applied when heavy items are taken into a backpack with Glow Stick attached

attachment weights are not right now

radio is way off, even 2KG is a bit much but 5KG when a battery is attached...

also plate carrier goes from 12KG to 26KG when empty pouches or a holster is attached

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, h0logram said:

Well after this patch my compass no longer works and I am unable to open cans. Worst is I just died on my server because the axe does no damage against the zombies. I verified my client files before dying.. Anyone else running into this behavior???

Tested this, for me compass works, cans can be opened and the axe works as usual. Private vanilla server.

5 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

I know BetterDeadThanZed said he's got a vanilla server with crashes, but all of my crashes from both 1.03 builds were mod related. Sneaky Stashes is still crashing servers last I checked the comments (day or so ago). Mass Many Items was crashing servers, not sure if that's been resolved yet. 110% confirmed neither one of my modded community servers are crashing since I removed Mass Many Items and Sneaky Stashes. I originally pulled those as well as Fido and OP Base Items. OP and Fidov are confirmed working perfect atm.

Best advice, check comments from your mods if you haven't done it already.

I only play vanilla servers, no mods. Locked 1PP

I really dont care about server crashes right now. The issue with the weight and low stamina is far more important in my opinion. As soon as you are propper equiped, the game is unplayable. I really hope the devs will invest all possible effort in fixing this within today so we can continue playing. Everything else would be really messed up.

I would be really glad if Devs could assure us that they know about the issue and working on it to release a hotfix asap within a short period of time instead of just letting us sit with a broken game for another two weeks...?

Edited by Kopareo
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kopareo said:

I really dont care about server crashes right now. The issue with the weight and low stamina is far more important in my opinion. As soon as you are propper equiped, the game is unplayable. I really hope the devs will invest all possible effort in fixing this within today so we can continue playing. Everything else would be really messed up.

I would be really glad if Devs could assure us that they know about the issue and working on it to release a hotfix asap within a short period of time instead of just letting us sit with a broken game for another two weeks...?

So you dont mind having the server crash every hour or so, and then having to queue to get back on (on high pop servers) and then finding your character has gone back maybe ten or fifteen minutes. That military base you were raiding and had made an escape from with good kit, you are now back in the middle of the base with a fifteen second login and all the stuff you had taken is gone? You put something down while you play tetris in your backpack, the game crashes and youve lost whatever you put down? This makes it unplayable in my opinion.

sure the low stamina and weight is an issue, but you can work round it

5 hours ago, aux7 said:

I only play vanilla servers, no mods. Locked 1PP

Official servers? If so please report that to the feedback tracker, including which server(s) it happened on, since @ImpulZ seems to be of the impression that it doesn't happen on official servers. If it was on private vanilla servers - if at all possible ask the server owners to send their crash dumps to the feedback tracker. My own vanilla server is not crashing at all, but it is low pop so I'm not reading much into that. I've played on a few full modded servers that had no crash issues though, so it might be so simple as some setups have compatibility issues with the 1.03 build. Hopefully devs are getting enough crash dumps to track it down anyway.

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 2

11 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Official servers? If so please report that to the feedback tracker, including which server(s) it happened on, since @ImpulZ seems to be of the impression that it doesn't happen on official servers. If it was on private vanilla servers - if at all possible ask the server owners to send their crash dumps to the feedback tracker. My own vanilla server is not crashing at all, but it is low pop so I'm not reading much into that. I've played on a few full modded servers that had no crash issues though, so it might be so simple as some setups have compatibility issues with the 1.03 build. Hopefully devs are getting enough crash dumps to track it down anyway.

private servers, not official - 1PP

I am hoping that the server owners are doing something about it . ..

23 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

The server crashes are not reproducible on our official servers. If you encounter frequent crashes on your server, please have your server admin/provider report with all relevant details to our Feedback Tracker at feedback.dayz.com.

I can assure you that on DayZ NL 3663951 (Public) Hosted by Multiplay.com Server there are several crashes a day (around once all 2-3 hours). Our group just lost a found car because of it. I dont know who the admin/provider would be that could report with all relevant details. Every time you loose a lot of items - on other times you dublicate items by accident (when you drop something, server crashes, you go back online, you have the item in your inventory and its also there where you droppt it).

37 minutes ago, Derleth said:

from impulz's text it says not reproducible, but its not really clear what he means. Looking at the publc servers, DayZ NL 3663951, and DayZ NL 3668115 they clearly exhibit similar behaviour to the server I currently run on. Its been raised on the forums of the server I run on, but no reply from the server owner . . .

When I was playing on exp. there were no crashes . . .. .so . . (but it was low pop)

11 hours ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

I know BetterDeadThanZed said he's got a vanilla server with crashes, but all of my crashes from both 1.03 builds were mod related. Sneaky Stashes is still crashing servers last I checked the comments (day or so ago). Mass Many Items was crashing servers, not sure if that's been resolved yet. 110% confirmed neither one of my modded community servers are crashing since I removed Mass Many Items and Sneaky Stashes. I originally pulled those as well as Fido and OP Base Items. OP and Fidov are confirmed working perfect atm.

Best advice, check comments from your mods if you haven't done it already.

I looked over all of my crashlogs and not one indicated the server was crashing due to a mod, except after the hotfix yesterday before one of my mods was updated. Other than that, almost every one of them seems to be related to the inventory. I've submitted my crash logs from my modded server to BI in the same report that I attached the logs from my vanilla server.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Being able to take an object directly in the hand is great (no need to go in inventory).

I think it would be great if we could put (with a shortcut) the item we have in hand directly in inventory (without the need to open the inventory).

A way to see the number of ammo in shotgun when you don't use HUD would be helpful too.

modded server, 10 pop max, currently running for 17 hours without crash(after yesterday update) and it never crashed before, so i guess the crashes are related to high pop/public hive server

I understand, indeed I love harsh and brutal environmental effects, I really do. But the current situation may be just too much. As it is right now:

1) I take hyperthermia damage from swapping raw steaks with cooked ones alone.

2) I can't take a swim in a lake as hypothermia damage sets in within a minute.

3) I can't off my shoes for a swim as bleeding is triggered immediately.

My idea to make temperature harsh is to link it to stamina. Get too hot or cold and suddenly you can't do that much, because you're feeling weak. In this way, we can increase the temperature boost via running fully-geared (try that at home to know what I mean), but also we reduce the obvious solution to hypothermia, i.e. running fully-geared in circles. And instead of dying of cold in a nice springtime rain, just add blizzards.

I don't think that taking health damage from temperatures outside of the range 35-37 is good harsh survival mechanics. How do you guys think, how can we keep it severe without giving the impression that our toons are made of butter?

• Beans 2

3 hours ago, Kirov (DayZ) said:

I understand, indeed I love harsh and brutal environmental effects, I really do. But the current situation may be just too much. As it is right now:

1) I take hyperthermia damage from swapping raw steaks with cooked ones alone.

2) I can't take a swim in a lake as hypothermia damage sets in within a minute.

3) I can't off my shoes for a swim as bleeding is triggered immediately.

My idea to make temperature harsh is to link it to stamina. Get too hot or cold and suddenly you can't do that much, because you're feeling weak. In this way, we can increase the temperature boost via running fully-geared (try that at home to know what I mean), but also we reduce the obvious solution to hypothermia, i.e. running fully-geared in circles. And instead of dying of cold in a nice springtime rain, just add blizzards.

I don't think that taking health damage from temperatures outside of the range 35-37 is good harsh survival mechanics. How do you guys think, how can we keep it severe without giving the impression that our toons are made of butter?

yes,like that.
stamina should be affected first in most scenarios in game...
i think it should be affected even if you eat mushrooms and apples all the time...

good old cooked animal meat with smoky whiskey flavor and for dessert,cup of coffee and huge stamina recovery,maybe extra stamina.
but one can dream for survival aspects in most selling survival game...when we can boil the rice?.

Im running a high pop 80 slots server..... no crashes since patch - but i spend a lot of time and i know what i do.

But here are 2 probs...

1. Performance drops when players join  (randomly)

2. Persistence issues...some walls dissapear after restart, not the whole base/are - only some walls.

Playing NL3664704 for a week. Fixed a few cars, but all of them were broken after server restarts. Looks like cars just got spawned in movement and hit whatever is on the way. Tried to remove all the parts, car still moves and crashes, and now I have a leak of fuel. (BTW, no way to fix this, only look for a new car?). Crashes sometimes happen, but not too often, like once a day maybe. Rangefinder still shows only 999 m, only guns we found after checking NWAF, two military bases and a shipwreck were a bunch of SKS, FX-45, one mosin, two MP5 and that's it. Dozens of mags and VSS ammo though. There is also some weird bug with NVG, when your friend turns it off and you have it on, it looks like he is lighting a light stick or smth, but when he turns it on back, everything gets darker again. 

Also, I experienced FPS drop from 50-60 to 15-17 when crafting that new wooden crate. And fireplaces still dissappear after some time, with all the stones, tripod and pot on it. That doesn't make sense, as it could be a part of the base.

Edited by Son of a Peach

So I thought this problem was gone, but it's not. I logged around 2AM EST(US) with my car tucked neatly into a grove of trees. Two tires, battery, and plug were removed to reduce the likelihood of theft.

This morning, around 9AM EST(US) I checked in to find the car 5-10 meters from where I left it, on its side. This is a GAME-BREAKING bug and needs to be addressed. I can't speak for what server resets occurred in the server in the 7 hours I wasn't in, but this clearly wasn't a player's doing. The cars are still flinging around after being left in stationary places.

?imw=2048&imh=1152&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Plz bring back demosound in sound settings. And make separate setting for waepon sound  and other sounds of game.

19 hours ago, Mr Jizz said:

So I thought this problem was gone, but it's not. I logged around 2AM EST(US) with my car tucked neatly into a grove of trees. Two tires, battery, and plug were removed to reduce the likelihood of theft.

This morning, around 9AM EST(US) I checked in to find the car 5-10 meters from where I left it, on its side. This is a GAME-BREAKING bug and needs to be addressed. I can't speak for what server resets occurred in the server in the 7 hours I wasn't in, but this clearly wasn't a player's doing. The cars are still flinging around after being left in stationary places.

?imw=2048&imh=1152&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I have no dissapear/damaged cars problems on my server after this stable update

since 1.03 it seems antibiotics no longer can cure sickness, eat like 2 packs over 3 gameplay hours  and still have the virus icon on HUD.

can someone clarify what makes you sick now?

when you are stuffed you get sick?

when you bandage with dirty racks gets you sick?

drinking from ponds of coarse 

25 minutes ago, hyz4 said:

since 1.03 it seems antibiotics no longer can cure sickness, eat like 2 packs over 3 gameplay hours  and still have the virus icon on HUD.

can someone clarify what makes you sick now?

when you are stuffed you get sick?

when you bandage with dirty racks gets you sick?

drinking from ponds of coarse  

I also got a virus indicator. There are no symptoms causing problems for the character. I tried taking antibiotics. I tried to take activated carbon (two packs of coal), drank a lot of water from the well to cause vomiting. Nothing helps the virus icon to disappear.

10 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

I also got a virus indicator. There are no symptoms causing problems for the character. I tried taking antibiotics. I tried to take activated carbon (two packs of coal), drank a lot of water from the well to cause vomiting. Nothing helps the virus icon to disappear.

As I found out myself and advice from another player, it depends on what you got sick from. If like me you got sick from eating raw meat you could have caught salmonella. Theres no cure for this other than waiting it out. Different sickness types react to different treatments

• Thanks 1

Great work developers keep the updates coming you just took the game from great to perfect with this patch. Don't be discouraged about all the whiners complaining about barely noticeable bugs that don't affect the DayZ experience. I will eat them on the coast anyways. I'm looking forward to the new helicopter you have planned for us very soon. Thank you.

• Haha 4