Tyler Tee H C

Character Wipe ?

With this deleting of servers etc will there be a character wipe ?

What with 1`.03 round the corner ...

I always hated wipes.

But they need one now.

Dupers have completely altered the game with the mass tent cities.

Yeah basically if any wipe needs to be done, it would be a server wipe, don't think characters are the issue, it's the huge amounts of tents and seachests that have been duped filled with mil gear.

Where is all the gear I search 100s of tents/sea chests on the coast so items just building supply’s sometimes and land mines, only good weapons I can get a are killing the duper’s themselves 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ViperAK47 said:

Where is all the gear I search 100s of tents/sea chests on the coast so items just building supply’s sometimes and land mines, only good weapons I can get a are killing the duper’s themselves 

I found a pile of assualt vests in the forest near berezino. Each one full to the brim with full LAR mags.

Hiked to tisy last week and there was nothing but weapon attachment, worn military cloths and 45 ammo.

Game is so so broken

Yeah, dupers don't tend to leave gear like Mil rifles in tents etc... anymore, would need to get a shovel and search the surrounding area and dig up the loot, that's where they stash the gear 😀

• Like 1

Just go to sol factory and server hop, there are people putting up god tents every day with every thing you would need to pvp

Just wipe everything clean and restart. The maps are polluted with tents, chest and giant duper bases full of nothing. Its ruining the scenery. And causing such lag when approaching. 

I’m new to the game, only got it last Saturday and really really enjoying it ! I haven’t played enough yet to have been affected by duping or even recognise it. To stop the duping couldn’t they just wipe all servers then enforce people to stay on their chosen server for 24 hours ? I don’t see why there’s a need to server hop anyway. My friend hops servers to find day light as he doesn’t like night time. What’s the point of that ?  They should only let people swap server after 24 hours of joining one. Would that stop duping or am I missing something ?

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

hey John Howard i know someone with that name where i live. But his is Jon.

5 hours ago, John Howard said:

I’m new to the game, only got it last Saturday and really really enjoying it ! I haven’t played enough yet to have been affected by duping or even recognise it. To stop the duping couldn’t they just wipe all servers then enforce people to stay on their chosen server for 24 hours ? I don’t see why there’s a need to server hop anyway. My friend hops servers to find day light as he doesn’t like night time. What’s the point of that ?  They should only let people swap server after 24 hours of joining one. Would that stop duping or am I missing something ?

That sounds awesome.

5 hours ago, John Howard said:

Welcome to DayZ!

The devs have mentioned before they don’t want to lock players to servers, as they want us to have the freedom to meet friends/others without having to keep track of multiple characters, probably more back end reasons as well.

Personally, I don’t see any issue with offering say 12 player locked servers in addition to what we already have.

Theres also an idea pitched that each weapon/item has a serial number, and if that number/item is duplicated it will be removed until only one remains.

Really hope this is added sooner than later.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

hey John Howard i know someone with that name where i live. But his is Jon.

I’m in Plymouth !

12 hours ago, Nayte said:

Welcome to DayZ!

The devs have mentioned before they don’t want to lock players to servers, as they want us to have the freedom to meet friends/others without having to keep track of multiple characters, probably more back end reasons as well.

Personally, I don’t see any issue with offering say 12 player locked servers in addition to what we already have.

Theres also an idea pitched that each weapon/item has a serial number, and if that number/item is duplicated it will be removed until only one remains.

Really hope this is added sooner than later.

Hopefully that gets implemented soon. How about fixing ghosting ? Like where someone comes across a house full of players and switches server to go in the empty house then switches back again to kill the people in the house. Also coming face to face with people armed to the teeth, you can just leave that server and avoid them instead of dealing with the situation. I just think it would be better to have to deal with what you’ve got instead of switching server to avoid people/situations/zombies/night time etc

Fuck it, implement a 3 minute count down for exiting server or force closing the game.

Edited by Flyingpapaya
Spelling
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Flyingpapaya said:

Fuck it, implement a 3 minute count down for exiting server or force closing the game.

What i was thinking that could stop ghosting maybe even duping an battle logging is. So say your walking through the forest an then bam a huge base you want in. Now currently you could just ghost in it but.... say when you go to ghost into the base as you log onto another server bam back on coast. No not as a new character but the same character you are with all the same gear you had. Then as you go back to the server with the base you're back in front on base right where you left to try to ghost. Im not sure if that would fix duping, but i know it will fix ghosting. Just every new server you join that you have never joined you start on the coast.

35 minutes ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

What i was thinking that could stop ghosting maybe even duping an battle logging is. So say your walking through the forest an then bam a huge base you want in. Now currently you could just ghost in it but.... say when you go to ghost into the base as you log onto another server bam back on coast. No not as a new character but the same character you are with all the same gear you had. Then as you go back to the server with the base you're back in front on base right where you left to try to ghost. Im not sure if that would fix duping, but i know it will fix ghosting. Just every new server you join that you have never joined you start on the coast.

I'm not sure I'm keen on that. Think of it another way. Player goes inland to nwaf, tisy, etc. Gets geared up. Switch server and teleport to coast. Kill new spawns. It's too much of a short cut for the idiots. I just think have locked servers off you want to do base building. If you're not base building just play on unlocked servers. I don't think I've ever come across ghosting yet. I'm not saying it doesn't happen because obviously it does. But, if you're in a scenario when you're up against other players, it's just common sense to not get pinned down in one place too long. If you do, keep your back to the wall! Maybe when you join a server you're character should make some kind of noise. I remember watching old videos where your character makes the sound of a gun loading when you spawn in. Same as logging out, you're character should make a noise of some sort. 

• Beans 1

I'm convinced there is going to be a wipe. 

So tonight I be PURGING 

Fact of it, we can think of any alternatives we want, and some of them are great ideas.. but the downside is that the current state of the game is not stable enough to implement any of them effectively without having too much collateral damage.

If someone was to be repositioned with intentions set for combating them ghosting in or combat logging, then the server malfunctions and crashes, kicking everyone out, the game most likely would register everyone trying to enter that server again as attempted loggers. Which let's face it.. is exactly how we had thousands of players characters being offered the solution of "We'll kill your character" when they implemented the last attempt to Database Lock anyone who tried to duplicate. People were legitimately having to log out of a server to go grab the groceries or change a diaper off their child, logging back in to continue playing, and discovering they now must contact the team to have their accounts killed off entirely to get them out of this DB Lock 'solution'.

I still think the simple solution to removing the current methods used to duplicate items is just to place an automatic queue prior to entering a server. 

That in itself defeats the process successfully, everytime. 

Now, obviously there is issues with the animations behind using items in game, causing entirely bigger issues than duplication ever has or will be.

These people using 'meatball' glitches, or using items to turn themselves into midgets, headless, completely invisible.. who knows what else.

On 6/15/2019 at 3:51 PM, 1LLManners said:

Now, obviously there is issues with the animations behind using items in game, causing entirely bigger issues than duplication ever has or will be.

These people using 'meatball' glitches, or using items to turn themselves into midgets, headless, completely invisible.. who knows what else.

Agreed. Hopefully the devs are working hard to fix all this and give us the chance to play the game how it was designed to be played

• Thanks 1