bent.toe

Night and day has to change.

I can't be the only one that dislike the cycle the way it is now. 2 hour day and 1 hour night. 

I got play sessions that are 2-3 hours long, 90% of them time i log into a server it's either dusk or pitch black night. 

I just disconnect and take the 90 sec punishment. But it shouldn’t be like that. I can play at night but not every damn time i log on. 

We need atleast 4 hour days and 1 hour night (including dusk and dawn times). 

Playing at night in games is cool and sneaky... just not in this game. At all. It's to your disadvantage all the time. 

Atleast let us play 4 hours with day light. 

I bet you got stats on every server showing disconnects when it's night and I'm 100% sure it's s a large number. 

Maybe it's time (in general) to start listening to your (smaller by the day) community. 

• Like 4
  • Beans 1

All I'm saying make it at least 3/1. The game actually requires a good few hours at session so it's a bummer to log in at night and in the end you've had 2h night and 2h daytime. Night is fine tho just a bit weird with the personal glow effect...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nikoor said:

Night is fine tho just a bit weird with the personal glow effect...

I heard about this but don't really understand.. It's pitch black for me running around outside. Inside there seem to be a bit illumination around my character.. Is that what people are talking about? 

59 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

I heard about this but don't really understand.. It's pitch black for me running around outside. Inside there seem to be a bit illumination around my character.. Is that what people are talking about? 

Yeah, i suppose it helps in buildings. I remember the long dark we had a while back and I got stick in a castle and couldn't find my way out. A lot of people aren't keen on it. Personally I don't mind. I suppose in real life you would be able to feel your way along a wall to a door and in a game you can't, so there needs to be some assistance I guess. 

I do like the night, but maybe make the day a little longer. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Maybe it's time (in general) to start listening to your (smaller by the day) community. 

Lol.

On topic:

I like it how it is. Night is suppose to be one of those things that slows the game's pacing down. You're suppose to think about your next move at all times and how you're going to make that next move. Whether it be the risky way with a light source, without one, or just wait it out.

The problem most have with night is the fact that you may need a light source depending on where you're at, which may result with a bullet sending you back to coast.

I'm all for multiplayer. What I'm not for is when it causes players to quit the lobby in search of another due to a game mechanic and risk of being kos.

I really don't understand why BI is literally forcing multiplayer on us. I get it, Impulz, it's a multiplayer game. Wait, leme fix that. It's a multiplayer game only for Xbox. PC gets what they want while we get shafted at every turn. I get it.

Edited by Esmy

47 minutes ago, Esmy said:

PC gets what they want while we get shafted at every turn. I get it.

I'm not sure why you think console is being shafted. BI were never under any obligation to release on console. It's still new to console and still being developed. PC have gone through years of development. PC will obviously get things first and then console will follow, where possible. Don't forget that some of the issues are down to Microsoft, not BI. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The game is supposed to be hard, get over it and learn to play at night.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, FJinn said:

The game is supposed to be hard, get over it and learn to play at night.

Who? Me? 

I agree, longer days would be great, im always switching servers trying to avoid night. I personally would like to see night length shortened, and i get why someone would like to have hour long nights aswell but in my opinion night in its current state limits you to much for it to be an hour. Forcing the player to either post up for a boring hour (nobody wants that) or risk moving through the night (which nobody in real life would risk) just isn't good for authentic or good gameplay imo, especially when everyone can leave to a daytime server. I just feel like nights drag on to long, but maybe thats because i sit in one spot for a whole hour, that's my strategy why do anything else? traveling at night just feels like a risk thats unrealistic to take. I would love being in a situation where I'm forced to move through the night, whether it be to find food or whatever but surviving is easy right now, and even if it wasn't, the majority would just server hop if put into that circumstance. Night being 30 mins would feel like less of a chore or annoyance because you have more options of how you want or need to spend the night, also server hopping and easy survival makes the night kind of pointless. Like if i was surviving and i had water and food for days why would i ever risk moving through the night. I know the hour long nights is supposed to be authentic but in my opinion it being that long does the opposite and makes it awkward. (apologies for the rant im typing on controller)

Edited by Robzom11

10 hours ago, FJinn said:

Yes. You, bent.toe.

Don’t let me catch you on here "whining" on anything you want change/dislike about features or game mechanics. 

6 hours ago, Robzom11 said:

I agree, longer days would be great, im always switching servers trying to avoid night. I personally would like to see night length shortened, and i get why someone would like to have hour long nights aswell but in my opinion night in its current state limits you to much for it to be an hour. Forcing the player to either post up for a boring hour (nobody wants that) or risk moving through the night (which nobody in real life would risk) just isn't good for authentic or good gameplay imo, especially when everyone can leave to a daytime server. I just feel like nights drag on to long, but maybe thats because i sit in one spot for a whole hour, that's my strategy why do anything else? traveling at night just feels like a risk thats unrealistic to take. I would love being in a situation where I'm forced to move through the night, whether it be to find food or whatever but surviving is easy right now, and even if it wasn't, the majority would just server hop if put into that circumstance. Night being 30 mins would feel like less of a chore or annoyance because you have more options of how you want or need to spend the night, also server hopping and easy survival makes the night kind of pointless. Like if i was surviving and i had water and food for days why would i ever risk moving through the night. I know the hour long nights is supposed to be authentic but in my opinion it being that long does the opposite and makes it awkward. (apologies for the rant im typing on controller)

Exactly. Well put. 

3 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

Don’t let me catch you on here "whining" on anything you want change/dislike about features or game mechanics. 

Catch me? 

I'd rather submit any concerns via the feedback tracker, you know, the tool made available specifically for this purpose.

I'd advise you to do the same rather than post your constant and unwavering negativity on here. It doesn't help you or anyone else. Yes there are problems with this game, we all know that BI are well aware of that and we are regularly told that efforts are underway to address those problems. If you can't find a way to enjoy the game as it is while waiting for fixes and improvements you should move on to something else and give us all a break.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FJinn said:

Catch me? 

I'd rather submit any concerns via the feedback tracker, you know, the tool made available specifically for this purpose.

I'd advise you to do the same rather than post your constant and unwavering negativity on here. It doesn't help you or anyone else. Yes there are problems with this game, we all know that BI are well aware of that and we are regularly told that efforts are underway to address those problems. If you can't find a way to enjoy the game as it is while waiting for fixes and improvements you should move on to something else and give us all a break.

I love how you speak for everyone.... Master. 

I would say that night is okay, but days need to be longer.  This 2 to 1 ratio is a little ridiculous.  I agree that perhaps 3:1 would definitely be an improvement.

2 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

I would say that night is okay, but days need to be longer.  This 2 to 1 ratio is a little ridiculous.  I agree that perhaps 3:1 would definitely be an improvement.

Agree, would be satisfied if it was 4 to 1 though. 

Night is supposed to be dark and difficult, my biggest complaint about day/night cycles is that servers aren’t all synced to same time of day.

The time of day should be a global setting for every server all being the same, which would force players to suck it up and play at night and learn to survive better at night rather than server hoping to a daylight server. 

• Like 3

On 5/25/2019 at 2:21 PM, bent.toe said:

I can't be the only one that dislike the cycle the way it is now. 2 hour day and 1 hour night. 

I got play sessions that are 2-3 hours long, 90% of them time i log into a server it's either dusk or pitch black night. 

I just disconnect and take the 90 sec punishment. But it shouldn’t be like that. I can play at night but not every damn time i log on. 

We need atleast 4 hour days and 1 hour night (including dusk and dawn times). 

Playing at night in games is cool and sneaky... just not in this game. At all. It's to your disadvantage all the time. 

Atleast let us play 4 hours with day light. 

I bet you got stats on every server showing disconnects when it's night and I'm 100% sure it's s a large number. 

It does seem to be a lot more frequent but I tend to stick with the night time. I use my Night vision scope to look around. Not got or even seen an AK for a while so have to use them like binos. I don't mind the night too much but it can be frustrating at times when I log in and its night time (again.....)

That said there are more than enough ways to light the way during the night. You take the risk of someone getting the drop on you of course....

*Noticed you on a server this weekend funnily enough.....

Edited by ZXDMCFCWoody007

1 hour ago, ZXDMCFCWoody007 said:

*Noticed you on a server this weekend funnily enough.....

Glad we dident meet... Hate to kill a forum goer. Got a very itchy trigger finger now adays after all the KOS craziness. 

4 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

Glad we dident meet... Hate to kill a forum goer. Got a very itchy trigger finger now adays after all the KOS craziness. 

Yeah me too I have all but given up on trying to talk in game now - I was going to message but couldn't remember what your style was so didn't lol. There was 4 of us too and lones tend to get a bit nervous....

16 minutes ago, ZXDMCFCWoody007 said:

Yeah me too I have all but given up on trying to talk in game now - I was going to message but couldn't remember what your style was so didn't lol. There was 4 of us too and lones tend to get a bit nervous....

Hopefully we can meet up when they fixed the duping. I'm all for playing together and having fun. 

In the future i hope to build a community base with agriculture, hunting and all friendlies. 

• Like 3

On 5/25/2019 at 10:02 AM, nikoor said:

All I'm saying make it at least 3/1. The game actually requires a good few hours at session so it's a bummer to log in at night and in the end you've had 2h night and 2h daytime. Night is fine tho just a bit weird with the personal glow effect...

I agree with this

A 3/1 ratio would be perfect. Make dawn and dusk each a half an hour long, instead of 5 minutes.

Edited by Nayte
Typo
  • Thanks 1

Today we moved our camp, the 4 of us logged in on our home server at dawn, started organize everything with who's carrying what and removing everything out of the tents, unpackning etc etc. 

So it took a good hour before we were on our way. We reached the new camp spot at dusk (5 min left of daylight) and even though we had one guy holding a flashlight and two road flares burning on the ground, it was impossible to set camp. For instance.. the transparent tent icon when trying to place the tent is impossible to see at night. You need a light source for it to be somewhat greyish. 

We ended up sitting in the dark for 10 minutes organize inventory before logging off. 

We need ATLEAST 4 hour daylight. It's no fun and friends are getting tired of the tedious and boring nights. 

Could we atleast get some servers with longer days? 

@ben.toe been there during a couple night builds — seeing the fence/tower kit placement overlay is near impossible at night.

• Beans 1

On 6/5/2019 at 1:20 AM, RussianReavers said:

@ben.toe been there during a couple night builds — seeing the fence/tower kit placement overlay is near impossible at night.

Yeah, glad more of us feel the same way.