Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Zed

Need help with serverTimeAcceleration

I have my serverTimeAcceleration set to 6, meaning 6 hours of in-game time should pass in 1 hour of real time. I've got the date set so that the server starts getting dark by 7pm and then the sun's coming up around 4am. With the serverTimeAcceleration setting of 6 and darkness lasting roughly 9 hours, the players should have over 1 hour of real time in the dark, but I'm being told the darkness only lasts about 20 minutes. I haven't had time to be on when the darkness starts and ends. I determined the sunset and sunrise times by using an admin tool on my server to change the time.

So, does serverTimeAcceleration really work correctly? With it set to 6, there's no reason the darkness should only last 20 minutes.

These are my settings ingame and I think they work really well. Try them and see what you think. Server starts just before dawn and ends around 22:30pmish (dusk to darkness).

serverTime="2017/09/01/04/30";

serverTimeAcceleration=3;

😉

Edited by MetalHead2112
Time adjustment.

I'm pretty sure the server time acceleration doesn't work as intended. The sunset and sunrise times are correct, but the time it takes to get from sunset to sunrise is too fast. Perhaps a bug that hasn't really been reported before?